THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Campaign Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Campaign Rules Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Rules   Campaign Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 16:29

I'm thinking of starting a 40K campaign and wanted some form of reward system to use as the campaign progresses. What I came up with was a Campaign Point system where you accumulate points for winning or drawing games and these can be spent on benefits for the future games. Each game would be two simultaneous rulebook missions. A player earns 2 Campaign Points for winning a mission and 1 point for a draw. If you win both missions you earn a bonus point. If you table your opponent you earn a further bonus point, meaning a potential total of 6 points per game.

As a player accumulates Campaign Points he can spend them to purchase benefits for his forces. Once they are spent, Campaign Points are permanently removed from the player’s total. The benefits purchased can only be used in the next battle and are one use only. Benefits must be purchased prior to the game and written on your army list. None of the benefits may be taken more than once per battle by each player.

Cost Benefit
1 +1 on roll to decide who goes first
1 +1 on roll to Seize the Initiative
1 When rolling for your Warlord Trait you may alter the result of your roll by plus or minus 1
1 +/-1 on the roll for Night Fight Mission Special Rule (page 124)
2 You may reroll a single roll you make during the game. This can be either a single dice, such as a roll to hit or an armour save, or a combination of dice such as a leadership test, assault charge distance roll etc. If rerolling a combination of dice you must reroll all the dice involved in the roll (e.g., scatter dice and distance dice). This does not include rolls made before the start of the first turn or rolls to decide if the game ends due to Variable Game Length
2 You may nominate any single non-vehicle unit in your primary detachment as a denial unit.
2 One non-vehicle unit in your primary detachment can be given one of the following USRs for the duration of the game: Feel No Pain, Fleet, Blind.
3 You may nominate any single non-vehicle unit in your primary detachment as a scoring/denial unit.
3 One non-vehicle unit in your primary detachment can be given one of the following USRs for the duration of the game: Skyfire, Fearless, Rending.
4 You may pick a single allied detachment as though they were one step friendlier than shown on the Allies Matrix (page 113). For example, a Desperate Ally would be classed as an Ally of Convenience. Battle Brothers are unaffected.

Any comments or criticisms on the above? Are the benefits okay?

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Campaign Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Rules   Campaign Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 22:56

I think your system is good and the benefits mostly are, too.

+1 to seize should be a bit expensive in my opinion and the 4 point bonus makes little sense to me. Just because I horribly tabled my opponent and got 4 points I would not change my list to benefit from the different allies rules. In fact if it worked that gread I'd not change my list at all Wink. The 4 point bonus should be something else. maybe free aegis, guaranteed pick on table sides and going first, you may redeploy up to d3 units or if going second anyway up to d3 units may make a scout move... something along the lines of that.

Good luck with your campaign Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Campaign Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Rules   Campaign Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 09:13

We tend not to play the same lists each game so the ability to choose an ally that you would not normally have access to would be quite tempting in our group but I'm also wary of unleashing some potentially unbalanced ally combos, hence the high cost. From a fluff perspective you could justify it as your reputation increasing due to your humiliating defeat of your enemies and therefore attracting potential allies to your cause.

Will have a think on the points cost of some of the abilities though.

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Campaign Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Rules   Campaign Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 13:47

My apologies, where I play campaigns usually use fixed list except when some sort of special event happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Rules   Campaign Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Rules
Page 1 of 1