THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus    Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 17:34

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus has been announced on FW's web site and in a press release. It will be previewed at FWOD with all the designers and artists on hand, and no doubt it will be available for pre-order then or shortly afterwards.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/120/506352.page

A teaser video for IA12 was briefly available on Youtube yesterday before being removed, apparently featuring Necrons, Death Korps of Krieg and MInotaur Terminators. Some Necron terrain was visible but not sure if it is just for display, and a new Necron Pylon which was mentioned at Games Day.

For myself, I am really looking forward to this release.

EDIT - video (typical GW teaser) now back up @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLorOuFnX8&feature=youtu.be

EDIT EDIT - re-posting some pics of WIP Necrons from Games Day UK 2012, courtesy of Spruehammer and Faeit 212. The units mentioned were Necron Sentry Pylon, Necron Tesseract Arc[Ark] and Necron Night Shroud Bomber.

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus 8016328079_11efe617a8_z_zps5137fe9f

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus 8016330953_ca57d5bdb9_z_zps8ed1dacb

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus NecronSentryPylon_zps5494d983

And of course the Canoptek Acanthrites were released earlier last year:

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus Achanthrites

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Mar 09 2013, 00:40; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus    Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 18:38

Anything that even rumours Death Korps has me excited! I look forward to seeing what they have to release!

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus    Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 01:18

Interesting "teaser" in that it didn't show anything new? Mad

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus    Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 16:49

Pics are up now of the new Night Shroud bomber and Realm of Battle Necron Tomb Citadel terrain board. Both are nice, but hugely expensive at £70.00 and £90.00 respectively, especially if you go for four of the terrain pieces connected together.

via Swara on Dakka:
Forge World wrote:

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus CPKNPMK
 Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus Hw6KbYZ
 Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus UmGCB01

he Night Shroud is a dedicated bomber that is larger than the more numerous Night Scythe and Doom Scythe craft, alongside which it operates, whose origins date back countless aeons to the lost battles of the War in Heaven.

The Night Shroud was built to carry a relic of that ancient and apocalyptic conflict, so-called Death Spheres, containment vessels that imprison the merest fragment of anti-matter. The Death Sphere's potent warhead is kept out of phase with the material universe until the sphere detonates, when it unleashes an energy blast capable of annihilating anything it touches.

The Necron Night Shroud Bomber, designed by Daren Parrwood, is an imposing battlefield presence. This complete resin and plastic kit is packed with detail, and its sinister, elongated profile makes for an impressive centrepiece or painting project for any Necrons collection. Full rules and background for this construct will be included in the forthcoming Imperial Armour – Volume Twelve: The Fall of Orpheus.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/NECRON_NIGHT_SHROUD_BOMBER.html

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus 9VuT3o0
 Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus Wi9veWL
 Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus K53XSZn

The stasis-crypts of the Necrons are protected by great defensive structures; near-impregnable fortifications designed to stand against the ravages of eternity, hostile action and deadly environments. Tomb Citadels often stand on the outermost borders of a wider complex. They act as watchtowers and outposts that are often the merest tip of the iceberg; the fathomless depths of silent galleries and stasis-chambers that make up the nameless cities of the Necrons extending far below them.

A Tomb Citadel is far more than an inert relic of strange aeons past, however. Each is a near-living war machine in its own right, and Imperial combat records record these brutish structures rising from the very earth, or phasing strangely into existence in the midst of a Necron assault. If not quickly destroyed, these dread ziggurats will form a beachhead from which the undying legions pour forth to destroy their foes

The Realm of Battle Necron Tomb Citadel, designed by Blake Spence, is a 2' x 2' (609mm x 609mm) tile which can fit onto a Citadel Realm of Battle board.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/REALM_OF_BATTLE_NECRON_TOMB_CITADEL.html

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus    Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Armour Volume 12: The Fall Of Orpheus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: