THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

One brave wych

Go down 
+14
Creeping Darkness
Mushkilla
Archon Darkanis
Barking Agatha
GKP
Jehoel
Nomic
John M
Siticus the Ancient
RabbitMaster
Archon Farath Mure
Mngwa
Skye26
PaulT
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 02:34

I was battling Chaos space marines last weekend and one melee was almost moving. It may not be to the letter of the rules but the narrative makes up for it. A ten strong wych unit got hammered by an incoming barrage blast. Took the unit down to one lone wych, I rolled a double one so she got her insane heroism and stood her ground. There was a whole unit of Chaos terminators very close to her. In the next charge faze she charged them.

My opponent chose not to over watch just to see what she could do. I could see it played out if it were real. She drags herself up off the ground, and staring at her were a group of Chaos terminators. The front one cracks a hideously evil smile and puts his bolt gun down and hits his corrupted armored chest and says in a deep guttural voice “come on wych” With a tear glistering in her eye knowing she wont be retuning home this time, she charges them. Slamming into the front terminator She kills him and smiles back at his dying gaze as the others tear her limb from limb.

Yep she wounded him and he rolled a one and failed his save, How cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skye26
Hellion
Skye26

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 10:53

Absolutely love it!

There will be slaughters in your name sister

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 14:09

Grats for that wych! Make a Hekatrix out of her before terminators decide something else geek

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 18:29

Fortunately, we can bring back the dead.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 19:02

I love such impressive moments (espacially when the opponent is confident). And it remembers me that in my last tournament (3 games in 1 day) I had such an awesome wych !

I played Vect with an haemonuclus and 8 wyches in his Dais. Turns out that the hekatrix (with a venom blade) killed :
- the necron destroyer warlord (with 2+ armor and scythe) in the first game
- Kaldor Draigo in the second.
She killed both while in duel (Vect had other things to do at the moment, like slaughtering some scarabs/paladins, so he sent her to do the dirty job). In the end, I think she wanted to show Vect that he should make her the newest Succubus in town Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 20:51

In my last game, I had a case where my Kabalites were stranded out in the open, and were being shot to pieces by War Walkers. Only one warrior survived, hidden behind a rock and sprinting forward, the enemy objective in sight. To my surprise, it was the same heroic female warrior that had survived the onslaught of an ork boyz mob shooting up the squad's Venom, running away from the wreck, then getting herself together on a roll of snake eye regroup test and running back into the fray.

Unfortunately, I rolled three on whether there would be a sixth turn and my brave Kabalite once again would awaken in the haemonculi chambers.

John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 02:40

epic, if your going down, may as well go down swinging
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 20:48

I had a couple of awesome moments in the trounament I played at (as well as some embarassing ones; the Baron failed his ld check from causalities and ran away just when his unit was close enought to assult twice in the same game).

One was a 5man Warrior unit that held and objective in a game against Tau. They were shot for several turns by 10 Firewarriors and 4 Battlesuits. The first 3 died pretty quickly, but the last two survived better, with one dying on the last turn. The final Warrior proceeded to pass about 6 save in a row and kept holding the objective untill 5 Wytched thta had walked across the board after their Venom blew up finally got there, charged a Battlesuit unit that had jumped in to contest it and wiped it our, rescuing the Warrior. By holding that objective I managed to get a draw (This was the same game where Baron completely failed his assaults, so I didn't really make much of a dent to the several units of Firewarriors and a Broadside team holding two objectives in 4+ cover in hsi deployment zone).

The other was against Space Wolves. A unit of Thunderwolves with a Wolf Lord had been walking through the field for msot of the game, getting shot by several Venoms. I managed to position them so I could actually hit the rest of the unit before the 2+ save Lord most of the time, so by the time they reached my deployment zone (short table edges deployment) only the Wolf Lord and a single Thunderwolf remained, both at 1 wound. They broke off to attack two different targets, the Lord going after a unit of 5 Wytches and the other one going after a Venom. The Wolf Lord threw a grenade at them, killing only one, and the charged. I overwatch, dealing one hit. Wounds. He rolls a 2+ save. Fails. I can just see the Wytch calmly levelling a pistol at the giant wolf charging towards her and shooting it right between the eyes. One shot, one kill. (as for the other Thunderwold, he tried a long charge to reach the Venom, failed and got hit by a lance the next turn).

PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 05:36

That's awesome I almost feel sorry for the two Space Wolves, they were pretty brave. Almost feel sorry for them but not really, go Go the Eldar that are dark..... I must say Dark Eldar are extremely rewarding to play because they are quite difficult to master. We need to be so tactical, we don't hide behind 3 and 2+ armor saves and 12 to 14AV tanks.
I'm still learning them and how to best play them so I lose far more than I win at my level but wow when I do win that dopamine shot from my brain gives me an awesome natural high.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 13:25

In my last game, my group of wyches got shot to pieces by massive boltgunfire as their transport was shot down and 10 battlesisters unloaded upon them.

one wych remained (see a patteren yet)
She proceeded to assault the HQ's rhino transport with a single haywire grenade, and rolled 2 six'es destroying the vehicle. 4 sisters perished, but the wych survived the explosion. In the following round the sisters attacked her but she managed to kill 2 before she was brough down in a fury of swords

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 14:07

This thread has now convinced me to use wyches in my army
Back to top Go down
GKP
Hellion

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 02:26

Not a Wych, but a good tale regardless. I noobishly allowed my raider to be charged by 7 Blood Angel Assualt Marines, and I was ready to lose it, as I figured that 21 attacks would finish off my hull points. Lo and Behold, not a single attack hit. They all missed, allowing the Raider to disembark the Wracks inside, and Liquify the BA quite nicely, killing five, before venom blading the rest. God I love Liquifier Guns, I rolled AP1
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 03:33

John M wrote:

It's convinced me that I need to roll more sixes!
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 03:42

Yeah Dark Eldar need luck on their side a tad more than other armies I think. I really want to play necrons so I can use a quote from the movie 300. "immortals well we'll put their name to the test"
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 18:41

Barking Agatha wrote:
John M wrote:

It's convinced me that I need to roll more sixes!

lol, that too
Back to top Go down
Archon Darkanis
Hellion
Archon Darkanis

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 22:02

Lol it's funny how things happen in the wierdest moments but never when you need them to lol. Something that the gaming group I play with do when there's something that stands out during play is the victim will give the other player a bit from their bit box (helmets, weapons, & etc.) then we add them to our models to show what that model did during that battle.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 07:06

PaulT wrote:
Yeah Dark Eldar need luck on their side a tad more than other armies I think.

Not so much, with S3 and 5-6+ saves I find as a dark eldar player you assume your armour will fail and that you won't be able to wound much in assault and plan accordingly. Whereas marines rely on that 3+ save way too much. I find I do a lot better with the paper thin armour armies as my expectations are a lot more realistic.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 02:23

I love these stories! It's the little things like this that make our game so cool.

Maybe wyches are subject to Conservation of Ninjitsu? They get deadlier the fewer of them there are?

A non-wych story... a while back, 4th ed I think, I was giving my mate's Necrons a good kicking. They must have been close to phasing out (man, that old rule was an albatross around the neck), but before they went I wanted to get the general, the Necron Overlord who was currently by himself.

I had a spare squad of warriors, and my Dracon; he didn't have many wounds left. Since it wasn't going to make a difference whether the squad moved or not, I arranged them into a firing squad. Complete with dracon off to the front and side to give the word.

"Fire!" Down he went.

Necron vengeance was sworn heavily that day Laughing (he did get his revenge a few games later, returning the favour to my leader)

Last edited by Creeping Darkness on Fri Apr 05 2013, 01:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 09:00

Creeping Darkness wrote:
Maybe wyches are subject to <i>Conservation of Ninjitsu</i>? They get deadlier the fewer of them there are?

I think my first 10 battle reports with wyches can attest to that, they generally involved the squad getting obliterated and the surviving hekatrix and succubus taking on the rest of the enemy army. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 17:46

Somewhat an old tale but still here goes:

Had a game against Tau and wanted to test the Hydra gauntlet for the first time. After getting stuck in the wych squad nearly entirely whiffed and was then cut down by firewarriors to the last wych which happened to be the one with the HG - glorious!

But be it through conservation of ninjutsu or just awesome dice-fu, that lone wych rolled a 6 for the next hydra gauntlet attacks, killed lots of FWs, ran them down in their turn, then charged a bunch of crisis suits with HQ and over the course of the game killed that whole unit as well and ended up surviving. Needless to say she got promoted to be a succubus (without hydra gauntlet then though)
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 22:50

Dogmar wrote:
Somewhat an old tale but still here goes:

Had a game against Tau and wanted to test the Hydra gauntlet for the first time. After getting stuck in the wych squad nearly entirely whiffed and was then cut down by firewarriors to the last wych which happened to be the one with the HG - glorious!

But be it through conservation of ninjutsu or just awesome dice-fu, that lone wych rolled a 6 for the next hydra gauntlet attacks, killed lots of FWs, ran them down in their turn, then charged a bunch of crisis suits with HQ and over the course of the game killed that whole unit as well and ended up surviving. Needless to say she got promoted to be a succubus (without hydra gauntlet then though)

epic win
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 01:05

Awesome! Don't mess with the Hydra Guantlets Smile

Really, the tricky bit is getting them down to exactly one wych left. All too often I seem to go from 5-6 to 0 in one hit Sad
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 10:33

That was the only time in all of my games so far. Normally they either grind something without accomplishing much, vanish instantly or dominate so hard they hardly lose anything. I still like my girls even in 6th.

That event against Tau was in 5th btw.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 11:20

This a tale from five ed, and nids not D.E. But epic story. One of my first games. I had modeled a full squad of Dual Bone Sword and Scything Talon Warriors, and a 20 hermigaunt squad. They were caught out in the open both squads, due to a bad Run roll. They were trying to get to a IG heavy weapon line (multiple squads behind a wall) Well one the Warriors get wiped out all except one and same with the hermigaunts. They then charged different squads and spent the rest of the game eating the gun line. My IG friend was so mad little hermi was makeing every single 6+ armor save, or his terrified IG were running away, and getting shot by their commisar. All from a dog. The melee warrior he just shook his head at and resigned the squad to food. Last turn off the game he caught them both out in the open again, from a tank. Killed the warrior, and wiffed on the gaunt. Little gaunt was just chilling on a MEGA sized pile of Biomass. All by himself. At least on that side of the board.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 14:50

Yesterday i had one lone trueborn standing out in the open. I had picked down a squad of hive guard down to one with a single wound left. He had had enough and charged. The battered trueborn raised his blaster in a final moment of defiance and let loose a single shot from him unstable blaster and downed the beast only a few feet before him.

One brave wych  Empty
PostSubject: Re: One brave wych    One brave wych  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One brave wych
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: