THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to Dark Eldar

Go down 
+3
Crazy_Ivan
Mushkilla
Selvhan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Selvhan
Hellion

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 05:51

Hello guys !

I'm new to 40k and I have a few questions about the Dark Eldar !

1- Our transport are Fast Skimmer Open Top ( Assault Vehicle ). They can move 0-12". At 12" inch, they can disembark their passengers whitin 6" and they can shoot and charge ? ( If it's not the case please tell me why )

2- If a venom/raider move 12" he still can fire all his weapon with full ballistic Skill, and their passengers can do the same ( except Hvy weapon who can only do snapshot )?

3- Why does nobody seem to use the grotesque ? EDIT : ( I just realized it's 30$ per model.... )

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 10:44

Welcome to the Dark City Selvhan!

Selvhan wrote:
1- Our transport are Fast Skimmer Open Top ( Assault Vehicle ). They can move 0-12". At 12" inch, they can disembark their passengers whitin 6" and they can shoot and charge ? ( If it's not the case please tell me why )

Passengers can only disembark if their transport moves 6" or less (see transport rules BRB page 78). The passengers can disembark within 6" however this counts as their move (and can be affected by difficult terrain). They can then shoot and charge, however they will only be able to charge if they didn't fire any heavy or rapid fire weapons (as firing these prevent you from charging).

Selvhan wrote:
2- If a venom/raider move 12" he still can fire all his weapon with full ballistic Skill, and their passengers can do the same ( except Hvy weapon who can only do snapshot )?

Venoms and raiders can move 12" and shoot all their weapons at full BS. However the passengers can only fire at full BS if their transport moves 6" or less (see transport rules BRB page 78).

Selvhan wrote:
3- Why does nobody seem to use the grotesque ? EDIT : ( I just realized it's 30$ per model.... )

People do use grotesques. As a new Dark Eldar player you should check out this thread:

Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 12:09

I love grotesques!
I put 4 of them with my archon plus a PGL and sometimes a haeme with another liquifier.
If you run them like this they have furious charge from the outset and makes your archon T5 and makes him immune to instant death until the squad is dead.
I normally go flat out with straight into the enemies lines, they draw so much fire and can take a real beating, if their transport gets blown up you have the crater for cover or use the vehicle hull as cover if it gets wrecked.
Back to top Go down
Selvhan
Hellion

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 17:15

Well thx for the answers guys, it helped a lot.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 20:32

I think you will find many people make their own grotesques rather than buy the GW one, mine are made from the fantasy crypt horrors and Minotaur boxes with Tallos parts and masks. Ultimately not really much cheaper but more options. Many people use rat ogres which I think would be cheaper.

Hellion

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 06:25

Yeah, the rat ogre are a fantastic Idea I think. I got 2 of them already from a Island of blood box.

I'm just wondering what will I use for the head.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 08:22

Thought you would want to see this: http://eyeoferror.blogspot.fi/2011/12/dark-eldar-grotesque-conversions.html

Great idea, and they look much like wracks, but bigger.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 10:45

The problem with grots is they need to be baby sat
I have seen a Deldar player with three full sized foot slogging Grot units, but I didnt see how it played.
I'm planning of running 4 with an Archon or Succ in a Raider.

sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 19:20

Seshiru wrote:
...Talos parts and masks.

Seconded.

Hellion

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 19:32

From what I have seen, you have like 4-5 Talos mask in a single box. That would allow us to make 3-4 grotesque. Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar   New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1