THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Power from pain ruling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nickray84
Slave

Power from pain ruling Empty
PostSubject: Power from pain ruling   Power from pain ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 16:23

Hey guys, I play 3 other armies but just recently started with dark eldar. Havent played them in a game yet but was wondering on the correct ruling of the power from pain rule in order to obtain pain tokens.

Questions:

If my warriors / wyches are in a transport such as a raider or venom, and the shooting from the vehicles finishes off an enemy squad, does the unit inside of the transport receive a token. Example: My 10 warriors are inside a raider shooting a dis cannon at 3 remaining space marines. All hit, all wound and the remaining squad dies. Do the warriors inside get a token because they are in a dedicated transport that destroyed the squad? If not, I guess it would be better to focus fire the transport at a squad first and then hope for the squad inside to do the rest, which would grant them a token right?

If my warriors / wyches are in a raider or venom that pops a tank, flyer, single character, m creature, etc, does the squad inside get a token for destroying a "unit" or do tanks and such not count as a unit?

Hope these are clear questions, I've only honestly played against D Eldar once or twice between 5th and 6th and did well enough to not get to see how the token system works out. If somebody could dumb it down for me, it would be greatly appreciated

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Power from pain ruling   Power from pain ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 16:42

#1 - No. The unit itself must destroy the enemy unit in order to gain the token. If the vehicle destroys the enemy unit then no pain token is earned.

#2 - No. Again, the unit has not killed the enemy so no pain token. Also, you would only get a pain token for killing non-vehicle units. Characters, Monstrous Creatures etc do count but not vehicles.

nickray84
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Power from pain ruling   Power from pain ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 18:44

Thank you very much. That's kinda the way I thought it went.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power from pain ruling   Power from pain ruling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power from pain ruling
Page 1 of 1