THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Close combat Truebron

Go down 
+3
Archon Farath Mure
DominicJ
NiteOwl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

Close combat Truebron Empty
PostSubject: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:26

Yesterday I read the entry for trueborn and I asked myself: Why can you kit them for cc?

You can give them ccw and pistol, HGs and PGs. But why should you? Is there any reason at all? I mean a wych is better Razz

It seems unnecessary to me. Maybe I am missing something? Question

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 19:48

People would only moan if you couldnt Razz

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 21:03

It's completely unnecessary, yes, but I suppose it's nice to have the option.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 10:43

It lets you do some pretty weird things since you *are* paying for WS4 and I5 already.

If you tack two more men onto your splinter cannon team, and give the 3 extra jokers CCWs and Pistols you've got a unit that can probably beat four marines in assault, if you shoot them first. 5 Marines if you go Dracon and give him a nifty killy thing.

It doesn't fit the unit very well in most games, admittedly. Usually your fire support is either A) a major friggin target or B) is shooting from as far away as possible.

If your Trueborn happen to have assault weapons, and they happen to be in range of the thing you want them to trash, they do a tad better in shooting + assault than in just shooting. Unlike Kabalite Warriors, who are always strictly better in shooting than in CC, unless the number of assault weapons & CC dudes is greater than the number of dudes with splinter rifles.

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 12:57

I think they would be a decent choice for overwatch absorption. Although Wracks and Grotesques are naturally more suited to it. That being said, unlike Grotesques and Wracks you could still put some blasters in the squad and use them to perhaps crack transports, charge the unit inside, take the overwatch so your Archon and his boys could get in without having to deal with overwatch. With those blasters they'd actually be decent at range while in their transport as you position your army to assault allowing them a little more versatility than the Grotesques and Wracks. I actually think it'd be fun to try out.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 13:44

never do it... that is all there is to it

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 14:50

No.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close combat Truebron   Close combat Truebron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close combat Truebron
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-