THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
harry5518
Hellion

making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed Empty
PostSubject: making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed   making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 08:39

hello. my first models were the dark eldar kabalite warriors pictured here. im also getting a bunch of old metal out of production dark eldar, simply for the collecting and just having something different from plastic. im also getting a few dark eldar warriors from 3rd edition and putting their heads on 5th edition torsos and legs so they are the same size as the 5th edition dark eldar.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/18/18/00/75/89379310.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/18/18/00/75/89247510.jpg

any real size differences for the old and 'new' dark eldar minis?
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed   making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 09:02

No part of your query but make sure to weight your bases of metal models. If you already knew then sorry. If not then this is a necessary step if you play on anything but blocky terrain. The size difference I don't know how much but I am fairly positive the older models are shorter.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed   making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 14:08

I just compared the models I have and the 3rd Ed models are actually the same height as the current range. They're somewhat smaller in proportion, but they stand straighter than the newer ones.

The heads are of equivalent size, but the neck join is flat rather than the ball & socket, so will probably need greenstuffing to attach them. They should fit well enough though.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed   making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 22:21

Erebus wrote:
I just compared the models I have and the 3rd Ed models are actually the same height as the current range. They're somewhat smaller in proportion, but they stand straighter than the newer ones.

The heads are of equivalent size, but the neck join is flat rather than the ball & socket, so will probably need greenstuffing to attach them. They should fit well enough though.

fair enough. i dont have any greenstuff, but i have tamiya grey putty. could use the 5th ed warriors for trueborn i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed   making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

making my first dark eldar warriors, wanting to mix 3rd ed DE with 5ed
Page 1 of 1