THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II Empty
PostSubject: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 17:56

Blam. I've decided to add some friends of the Duke to this list and add some vital psyker defence, quick objective grabbers and the beauty that is the Warp Hunter...

It doesn't feel quite right, I've had to drop a lot more than I thought I would to squeeze things in but theres a basis there. I'm not confident with the Reavers but they have the potential to be amazing if I learn how to use them. Please pick and tear this apart.

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances, 86pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances, 86pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Dark lance, Splinter racks, Enhanced aethersails, 75pts

5 Kabalite Warriors, 45pts
Venom, additional Splinter cannon, 65pts

5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, 60pts
Raider, Dark lance, 60pts

Ravager, 3 Dark lances, 105pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Dark lances, Flickerfield, 155pts

~

Farseer, Divination, Runes of warding, Runes of witnessing, Singing spear, Spirit stones, 3 Psychic powers (Mind war, Eldritch storm and Guide), Eldar Jetbike, 183pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes, 66pts

Warp Hunter, 125pts

Duke Sliscus, 150pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters, 81pts

3 Kabalite Trueborn, 3 Blasters, 81pts

9 Kabalite Warriors, 81pts
Raider, Dark lance, Splinter racks, Enhanced aethersails, 75pts

Raider, Dark lance, 60pts

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters, Arena champion, Venom blade, 258pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, 2 Dark lances, Flickerfield, 155pts

~

Farseer, Divination, Runes of warding, Runes of witnessing, Singing spear, Spirit stones, 3 Psychic powers (Mind war, Eldritch storm and Guide), Eldar Jetbike, 183pts

Warp Hunter, 125pts

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Fri Mar 15 2013, 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 19:09

I know you love your trueborn, but I would drop both of them and replace them with more warrior venoms. 4 Troops at 1850 is low... Other than that, I like the list overall, although I feel your AT T1 is lacking Maybe switch a razorwing to a void raven so you have some extra AT when it comes out???

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 19:43

How about my new set up?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 00:14

Hi, I have a few ideas that I have brainstormed just now.

I guess the Duke is an automatic choice for you, since your feelings for him are clear for all to see Wink Lucky he's a useful HQ then!

The razorwing feels a bit like a token flyer to me.... as an AI ground attack vehicle it's fine, but it'll probably lose very quickly to enemy flyers. A 3rd ravager (perhaps with disintegrators) would be cheaper & starts on the board turn 1.

Good troops. Will Sliscus ride with the warriors or switch to the wych unit in the raider? If its the latter, you could bulk up the wych squad a bit, add a hekatrix upgrade and give your warlord a little extra protection.

I assume you have a specific plan for the aethersails? They just look a little odd on a gunboat!

Your farseer is looking pretty expensive - not that far off from Eldrad's point value, and aside from better mobility, nowhere near as effective. It looks like you're swapping out the codex powers for divination/telepathy powers. If so, which ones are you hoping for? If you just want a farseer for psychic defence & to fire off the odd doom or prescience, he could be a lot cheaper.
Eldrad could sit with some pathfinders and buff the trueborn/ravagers/warphunter (i suggest him because you are obviously not aversed to taking named characters).

With so many DE troops you could also afford to drop one of the jetbike units. Aside from objective grabbing their contribution to a game is minimal. Unless you shell out for shuri cannons and use them to hop in and out of cover, sniping away at stuff.

Don't know much about warphunters, but I've heard they're pretty tasty! Forgeworld working hard to try and give Eldar a helping hand.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 11:36

For those uneducated about Warp Hunters they are superb for their points value, a large blast barrage that wounds everything on a 2 and is AP2, is like a better haywire versus vehicles AND can fire it like a hellhound too? They're superb and one of the few FW entries that fuel the anti FW brigade most likely.

I've pondered on the list a lot and think you're right that the Farseer could be a bit cheaper and doesn't need to be on a bike now, especially since the Reavers have gone.

The Aethersails are a WYSIWYG choice, check my project log - however I've had success reserving Duke and his warrior unit and boost across the board for the relic etc.

Am I right in my assumption of Lanceborn > Blasterborn nowadays?
Any ideas on scaling this down to 1500, with and without the Warp Hunter?

Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 14:02

Sky Serpent wrote:
For those uneducated about Warp Hunters they are superb for their points value, a large blast barrage that wounds everything on a 2 and is AP2, is like a better haywire versus vehicles AND can fire it like a hellhound too? They're superb and one of the few FW entries that fuel the anti FW brigade most likely.
Ok, sounds pretty deadly. Fairly cheap too. Nice.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Am I right in my assumption of Lanceborn > Blasterborn nowadays?
There is a shift toward using DL on trueborn, probably to do with the extra range combined with not having to rely on a transport to get where they need to be. Fortifications & allies might work better with the DL unit too. I've had some success with 'splinterborn' too, though that unit is obviously dedicated to AI work.

Sky Serpent wrote:
Any ideas on scaling this down to 1500, with and without the Warp Hunter?
To drop it down to 1500pts, I suggest taking out one wych unit, one jetbike unit & the razorwing. That comes to just under 350pts. If you then scale back the Farseer's point cost, you can play around with the spare points (like swapping the warphunter for the flyer if you're keen on keeping it). That still leaves you with 6 troops, psychic defence & plenty of killy stuff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II   SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKY SERPENTS 1850 REDUX II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: