THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

40k Fight Club

Go down 
+5
Azdrubael
Niiai
RabbitMaster
Dogmar
inorexia
9 posters
AuthorMessage
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 08:02

So my FLGS has started a weekly event on Sundays called 40k Fight Club. The rules are:

1 HQ
1 Troop
1 of anything other choice
No points limit

No points limit is good for our Archon, but not so great for troops! What would you take? Currently I'm thinking:
Uber-tricked-out Archon
9 Wyches, HWG, Shardnet, Hekatrix with ?, Raider with DC and all the trimmings
ALL THE REAVERS (with heatlances, caltrops and a champion, natch)
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 12:51

one thing to consider:

Kaldor Draigo with 10 tricked out Paladins and a Stormraven. You said no points limit? Well, there you go. Sounds imbalanced to me.

I'd probably go with a full 10 girl wych squad with a lot of upgrades in a raider with a lot of upgrades and then kitted out archon in a 9 man squad of incubi.
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 21:08

Yes it's a pretty imbalanced format but we have some fun things to do. For example :
Quote :
Vect with his dais.

10 warriors with :
- splintercanon
- blaster
- badass sybarite (ghostplate, PGL, blast pistol, agoniser/venom blade)
- full-option dissie raider (we can have them all Very Happy )

9 trueborn with :
- 2x splintercanons
- 4x blasters
- 2x shardcarbine
- badass dracon (ghostplate, PGL, blast pistol, agoniser/venom blade)
- plasma and haywire grenade for all
- full-option dissie raider
Given the insane amount of AP2 firepower (with lots of S8), even the 10 paladins should have some trouble with this Very Happy If you prefer CC, go for a 9-man squad of incubis. Coven lists should also be fun with a big squad of 10 grots with Urien.
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 02:07

Does not some of the codexes not have a max unit count?

Anyway, death company goes to an insanly high number an use the troop choise. Give them the jump packs and the HQ that gives them re-roll to hit and wound and take a blood raven as your other units. The best there is.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 04:13

1)Vect with warriors in the Dais
2) 10 man decked incubi in raidet.

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 01:02

Some friends and i pulled together some army lists for interest sake that was similar set up.

And grey knights are insane! We said 1HQ and 2 troops no limit. The grey knights player got to over 1900 points!

Here is how i would play it to max out:

Vect in the Dais

1 court of the Archon (with everything) mounted in a tantalus (which is a dedicated transport for your court)

1 squad of 9 wyches in a raider with ALL of the upgrades.

You'll have to deploy the wyches in the Dais with Vect, but it is a legal list that gets you 3 vehicles in your limited 3 options of what to take.

For your final choice, go for an addiitional HQ.

Take a fully decked out Archon, with an ADDITIONAL court of the archon (maxed out) mounted in an additional Tantalus. Tell me that won't blow their minds when you roll out onto the battlefield!

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 09:30

Silverglade wrote:
And grey knights are insane! We said 1HQ and 2 troops no limit. The grey knights player got to over 1900 points!

Meh, I'm at 5975 so far with 1 HQ and 2 Troops for Blood Angels Smile

inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18 2013, 13:45

I'm going to ask them about adding a rule disallowing special characters, I think it would be a bit more fun/less cheesy that way.

It's also full WYSIWYG and painted models only, which should curb the infinite death company (!) and some of the more crazy builds - however that does prevent me from taking a tantalus! Or maybe it just finally gives me a reason to get one...

Hellion
inorexia

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 04:11

So they did the first one last weekend - I wasn't in attendance (out of the country) but read the blog post. Seems the WYSIWYG rule has kept things in check quite well - the worst thing on the table was Mephiston! They also have some secret objectives, ranging from 'kill the opposing HQ in a duel' to évery unit has to run at least once'.

Think I'm going to go with:
Archon - Venom Blade, Huskblade, everything but a clone field
Court of the Archon - 2 Sslyth, 1 of everything else; in a tricked-out Venom (see what I did there? Bonus unit!)
9 Wyches - Shardnet; Hekatrix with Agoniser, blast pistol, PGL; in a tricked-out raider with dark lance
10 Reavers - 3 Heat Lances, 3 Cluster Caltrops, Arena Champ with Power Lance

This will give me a good excuse to finally buy and kitbash some court models, which I've always liked the fluff for! Besides that, I actually have the rest of these (which helps).

Wych

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 13:49

The first and second rules of fight club apply to 40k fight club....

inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 13:58

Wych

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 14:33

You do not talk about fight club
You do not talk about fight club

Smile

inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 15:12

I am familiar Razz

My previous post was me not talking about fight club.

Hellion
Veritas

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 20:14

1 HQ = IG Company Command Squad with all the fixin's. Creed and Kell and Ogryn Bodyguard for giggles.
1 Troops = IG Platoon: Platoon command squad, 5 platoon squads, 3 special weapon squads, 3 heavy weapon squads. Plasma guns and lascannons all around.

Chimeras for everybody!!!

and:
1 FA = 3 valkyries/vendettas squadron
or
1 HS = 3 Leman Russ variants squadron

~3000 points either way, if you crank out the upgrades. 74 men and 10 vehicles. Borked!

As for doin' DE style, I like what you made there, so go with that.

Potato. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40k Fight Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Fight Club   40k Fight Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k Fight Club
Page 1 of 1