THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing Empty
PostSubject: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 19:19

So i have an idea in my head for the bases of my army of a very Eldarish type temple flooring in a runied state.
Any ideas floating around of exactly what would look the part? im imagining some very eldarish runes kind of etched into the floor but that seems a bit bland in practice.
Just kind of crowd sourcing here, so any and all input would be great or links to something that may be along the lines im thinking.

Im using Sculpey( or attempting to use as this will be my first go with it.)
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 06:37

There are some resin bases base out there, which could work as an inspiration for you. Both are made by MicroArt.

Wraithbone
Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing B6cf645cba92640a95df3e149514e1b6

Destroyed Temple
Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing 53b779b1786a90241704e1bbff868f5f

if you really want to make sculpted bases by yourself for the first time I would highly recommend the blog of James Wappel. He made a lot of basing tutorials.
http://wappellious.blogspot.de/search/label/Basing%20techniques
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 07:46

I use wraithbone bases, painted grey with black stones with gloss varnish. And some sand. Looks really good.
Back to top Go down
LordAcheron
Slave
LordAcheron

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30 2013, 21:18

Might I ask, doesn't Sculpey need to be baked after mixing to harden? How do you use this for 40k modelling? Is it a different version of Sculpey?
Back to top Go down
ctadkins
Slave
ctadkins

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2013, 05:21

it does need to be baked so im basically making...base toppers...i f that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing   Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing
Page 1 of 1