THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Star Eater Kabal

Go down 
+2
Jack_The_Ripper
John M
6 posters
AuthorMessage
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

1500pts Star Eater Kabal Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 20:07

HQ

Archon Vakel Drisharas - power weapon - ghost plate - soul-trap - combat drugs - shadow-field -
total: 135

Elites

9 Trueborn - haywire grenades - 4sharde carbines - splintercannon - blaster - blaster - shredder - dracon -: blastpistol - venom blade - -Raider Dedicated transport -: flicker field - dark lance

10 Wracks - 2 Liquifier guns - Acothyst -: Hexrifle -

total: 421

Troops

10 Warriors - shredder -splinter cannon -1Sybarite -: blast pistol - Agoniser -
raider dedicated transport -: -flickerfield -splinter racks - dark lance

10 Warriors -shredder - splintercannon - Sybarite -: blast pistol - venom blade -
raider dedicated transport -: -flickerfield - splinter racks - dark lance

15 Warriors- -shredder - darklance - Sybarite -: Agoniser - Phantasm grenade launcher -

total: 660

Fast Attack

3 Reavers - heat lance - Arena Champion -

total:176

Heavy Support

Ravager - flickerfield - 2 disintigrator cannons, 1 dark lance

total: 115

Overall Total: 1507 points

anyway that's my first go at a DE army any thoughts or suggestions I really doubt it's perfect, or even close to perfect.

Last edited by John M on Thu Mar 21 2013, 02:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack_The_Ripper
Slave
Jack_The_Ripper

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 21:13

Ok, I havent done an army list review in some time now but here it goes...(also, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk)

First, cut out all point costs (it's some sort of copyright infringement or something). Just leave the final point costs and you 'should' be fine.

Next, onto the army list itself. For the archon, if you want to run the soultrap I would honestly dump the power weapon for a huskblade. reasoning behind it is that a power weapon will only do one wound at a time and the soultrap will be harder to utilize as your character killing skills will be slowed down. With the huskblade its a simple cut from your many attacks and BOOM you're powered up.

Troops: your Kabalites are pretty equipped there where they really dont need to be...you seem to have ALOT of anti-infantry but very little anti-tank. I'd recommend going with a blaster over a shredder to at least make them all-purpose units. Also drop all gear on the sybarite, the blast pistol 'might' be worth it if you get really close but I doubt it. Kabalites should NEVER be close to the fight for them to charge (they'll die to almost everything else in the game). Also if you're going with splinter racks you want to keep them inside the raider to utilize those. So...strip the warriors abit.

Reavers: looks fine as is. You could make them one unit so that they are more survivable to shooting but that's a personal choice.

Ravager: I'd recommend turning it into either all disintegrators OR all lances, I havent seen anyone run a hybrid ravager and claim its a great success but maybe others here can explain that one better.

I hope that helped,
-Jack
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 02:16

Lots of feedback can only be good, you don't sound like a jerk.
I'll jump on the copyright thing fast.

On the Archon, reason I wasn't taking a Huskblade was because of fluffy reasons, probably best to take one. One of my friends in real life said that ghost-plate and a shadow field was over the top, any thoughts on that?

rest of the points seem pretty smart, with the warriors, I assumed it was best to give Sybarites a better cc. weapon, are you saying they should avoid combat, hence the cc. weapon is useless as well as blast pistol?
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 17:13

If the shadowfield doesn't save you, chances are you're dead already as its really unlikely to be small-arms fire that the archon's taking. Paying the points for a 6+ invulnerable isn't really going to help you out.

Re: the warriors -yeah. Basically, you don't want to be actively sending your warriors into a fight. 1) they're much better at shooting and will do more damage that way, and 2) we have wyches for that. So the only thing that'll be getting into combat with them is something your opponent wants to be in there, which is likely to flatten them. Assume something as humble as a tactical squad, very rudimentary math-hammer: 10 tactical marines vs 10 kabalites, even with the kabalites charging we get 10 hits, 3 wounds, 1 dead; marines strike back getting 5 hits, 3 or 4 wounds, killing 2. Lose combat by 1 even with every edge, and sticking around its only going to get worse in future turns. Against something that's actually geared for combat, your odds just get worse and worse.

Slave
Daemon of Distortion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 18:19

I think you should give the wracks a raider if u want them to do something apart from camping on a home objective or getting shot to pieces while trying to reach something to stab. Maybe drop some expensive cc gear from the sybarites since you really don't want them into combat anyway? And blast pistols are way too overpriced considering what they are able to do in most cases due to their pistol range.

Get the freaks a cardboard ride so they can at least leave the table with a big BOOMM!! : Dd

Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 18:44

Something I'm getting strongly is I spent far to much on the Warriors Razz , as for the wracks, they were basically going to sit on the home objective. But I suppose a raider couldn't hurt
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 23:18

John M wrote:
HQ

Archon Vakel Drisharas - power weapon - ghost plate - soul-trap - combat drugs - shadow-field -
total: 135
I'm really not fond of power weapons on Archons. They just feel so bland. They also don't overcome any of his weaknesses. He's still only strength three, so unlike with a venom blade or an agoniser, he'll struggle to cause wounds. While you can take an axe in the event you need to deal with 2+ armor, that sacrifices his ridiculous initiative, unlike a huskblade. Power lances have some potential in a squad of harlequins, though, thanks to Hit and Run. If you go with that, drop the soul trap. Also, ghostplate is only really a decent option if you have points left over.

Elites

9 Trueborn - haywire grenades - 4sharde carbines - splintercannon - blaster - blaster - shredder - dracon -: blastpistol - venom blade - -Raider Dedicated transport -: flicker field - dark lance
The thing about trueborn is that they need a dedicated role to be truly effective. That's why squads of three or four with blasters riding in a Venom are so popular. Generalist squads are not good at any of their possible roles, and should be avoided. A dracon is fairly pointless, as you don't want trueborn in assault and he doesn't increase their leadership.

10 Wracks - 2 Liquifier guns - Acothyst -: Hexrifle -
These guys need a transport. Also, never take Wracks as Elites. If you can fit a haemonculus in, they become Troops, a slot in which they're rather solid.

total: 421

Troops

10 Warriors - shredder -splinter cannon -1Sybarite -: blast pistol - Agoniser -
raider dedicated transport -: -flickerfield -splinter racks - dark lance
I'd drop the Shredder and let the Sybarite stick with his splinter rifle instead of buying expensive close combat equipment for him. Remember, warriors should never get in close combat unless you're fighting Tau. Thanks to Jink saves, Flickerfields aren't as useful as they used to be, but Night Shields are better than ever due to pre-measuring.

10 Warriors -shredder - splintercannon - Sybarite -: blast pistol - venom blade -
raider dedicated transport -: -flickerfield - splinter racks - dark lance
I'd drop the Shredder and let the Sybarite stick with his splinter rifle instead of buying expensive close combat equipment for him. Remember, warriors should never get in close combat unless you're fighting Tau. Thanks to Jink saves, Flickerfields aren't as useful as they used to be, but Night Shields are better than ever due to pre-measuring.

15 Warriors- -shredder - darklance - Sybarite -: Agoniser - Phantasm grenade launcher -
I find big, static warrior squads to be bad. Very bad. We rely on the speed and modest protection of our transports. 15 T3, 5+ armor models are incredibly vulnerable, and seem to just melt away even with a PT.

total: 660

Fast Attack

total:176

Heavy Support

Ravager - flickerfield - 2 disintigrator cannons, 1 dark lance
Again, specialization is your friend. I'm not sure you have enough lances, so stick with those. Ravagers shouldn't be static, so trade the FF for some NS.

total: 115

Overall Total: 1507 points

anyway that's my first go at a DE army any thoughts or suggestions I really doubt it's perfect, or even close to perfect.

Advice in cyan this time.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 23:55

Ok just a thought, if I was having my wracks sit on a home objective is it still best to include a Haemonculus?

very similar ideas coming across, will go away this weekend and have another stab at this.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 00:06

Well, they don't score without a haemonculus, so that's a bit of a necessity. Remember, the haemy can go with another unit.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 00:08

Archon Farath Mure wrote:
Well, they don't score without a haemonculus, so that's a bit of a necessity. Remember, the haemy can go with another unit.

facepalm, right yes.
oh well, room for Incubi then.
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 02:23

Another thing you might want to consider is more boats. as it stands your list only has four pieces of (very flimsy) armor. You should consider adding venoms, and probably more ravagers or flyers, to increase your dakka and prevent a heavy enemy alpha strike from robbing you of your mobility turn 1
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 20:42

yes, that's probably a good idea, walking after turn 1 would be so irritating.
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 23:38

And likely fatal! I hate recommending "more tanks!" to people because they're so expensive monetarily, but especially when it comes to DE they're a necessity. Venomspam is a popular slice of cheese because they're damn effective
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 00:50

Must admit I'm not a huge fan of venoms, but they do seem to be damn effective
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Star Eater Kabal   1500pts Star Eater Kabal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Star Eater Kabal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: