THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need Help with dealing with a certain list...

Go down 
+7
Massaen
Mushkilla
Thor665
Silverglade
commandersasha
Archon Farath Mure
Archon of the Ten Towers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon of the Ten Towers
Slave
Archon of the Ten Towers

Need Help with dealing with a certain list... Empty
PostSubject: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 04:56

Hi there folks. I've been reading dark city for a while now but something has happened in the real space that has me concerned. So we have a big tournament coming up and the same list is causing alot of problems. So this is me asking for help from you guys and gals on the best list to fight something of this nature.

First the tourney is 1000pts no hq over 200pt all other units cant go over 300pt transports are not included in that total. Flyers are allowed as well as 150pt of fortifications.

So here is the list we can not take down. I know it's not a fluffy list but it's being played by a power gamer.

Tyranids

HQ- Tervigon x2
Elites - The Doom of Malan'tai
Troops - 10 Termagants Broods x2
Tervigon x2 again

Yeah that's the beast. So if your not familiar with the tervigon it has the potential of creating up to 24 termagants a round. Now it does have one down side and that is when its killed it can take a good bit of those termagants with it. But then we still have the doom to contend with.

So my initial thoughts on dealing with this list was alot of splinter fire and what not. Here is my sample list that I was planning on taking to the tourney, but I am open to ideas because I feel like the nids list may pose a problem to my pathway to victory haha.

HQ- Haemonculus to go with the wyches
Elites - Trueborn in a Venom or wracks in a venom
Troops- Warriors in a raider
Wyches in a raider
Fast- Reavers with blasters
Heavy- Voidraven

So any thoughts or ideas on how to combat this list and still be competitive to the rest of the tourney would be great. Thanks in advance and you have an amazing site and community here.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:43

Venoms and Warrior gunboats. Lance Ravagers and Blasterborn can also help with MCs, and you'll need them for the rest of the tournament. The Doom can't hurt anything in a vehicle, and it's T4 without Eternal Warrior. The lances and blasters should bring it down turn 1. Focus the poison on the troop tervigons first, and then the other two when they go down. After that, mop up the termagants. Pretty easy matchup for an all-comers list.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Archon of the Ten Towers
Slave
Archon of the Ten Towers

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:45

Okay so you would pull the wyches for another gun boat?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:47

Hi, I'm a Tyranid player (well, Skaven-counts-as-tyranid anyway!); what you are facing is a 1,000 point version of THE netlist that is Tyranids only strong build, Tervigon spam. Often seen with a dakkaflyrant, and some Hiveguard for popping tanks.

My advice: stay in the truck and shoot poison! Against 4+ poison, Tyranid MCs are the same as Marines, so 36 hits, 18 wounds, 6 failed saves and she's gone, usually taking out most of the local gaunts with her, and the few remaining have lost their synapse, so fail morale tests and run off.

Doom can't target you whilst your in a transport (magic windows I guess!, so make sure you are embarked on his turn 2, and if necessary turn 3. If Doom can't get that first hit in, he goes down to the same poisoned fire, but this time re-rolling wounds.

Above all, DON'T ASSAULT. That's what Tyranids do best.

Happy bug hunting!
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:51

Probably. I find that warriors shooting an infantry unit often does more damage than wyches assaulting it. However, you can use a small wych squad to get another venom in, and while I'm not a fan of such small wych squads due to the fact that they're only really useful as a suicide haywire grenade squad, termagants are weak enough that even a 5-girl squad should be able to hold them up or even destroy them. But the tervigons are the main threat once the Doom is down, and Venoms and AI specialized Kabalites make a mockery of MCs.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 06:29

When dealing with the bugs, it is venom spam all the way!

Take as many troops and elites with venoms as you can. Trueborn with splintercannons in a venom are rock stars versus nids.

you'll rip him to pieces!!!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 07:02

Lances and Blasters are also not shabby versus Nids, and will help you overall in the rest of the tourney - I would say any well balanced skimmer-centric shooting DE list should be able to eat the Nid spam easily enough without needing to build for it.

What is your current list, and why does it have issues?

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 09:51

commandersasha wrote:
Tyranids only strong build, Tervigon spam.

I think double hive flyrant with twin brain leach devourers is the new tyranid netlist, so they have two strong builds now. That's like 100% more options for tyranid players. Wink

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 11:40

@ the OP - just so you know... Tervigons spawn on 3d6 for a max of 18 gants per spawn and any double when spawning stops them for the rest of the game...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Archon of the Ten Towers
Slave
Archon of the Ten Towers

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 13:14

Alright so I have read what ever one is saying and I think the new list I'm gonna take is something like this:

Archon
-shadowfield
-agoniser
-blaster

trueborn x4
-blaster x4
-Venom
-dual cannon

Warrior x10
-splinter cannon
-raider
-flickerfield

warrior x10
-splinter cannon
-raider
-flickerfield

reavers x6
-blasters x2

Voidraven
-flickerfield
-shatterfield missiles x2

I hate the fact that I need a flyer but I need something to combat other flyers. But that's what I was thinking. So trueborn and archon can roll around shooting blaster fire at the doom and then terv. and the warriors and the reavers can shoot the terv. Still open to ideas if you all see something better that I should do. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 14:02

I would suggest to swap Flickerfield for Nightshield. While they are near to useless against Tyranids, they will prove more useful for the rest of the tournament.

You don't /need/ a flyer. There are 2 way to deal with flyer. First is fortification/flyer and the second is mobility. De are fast enough they can manage to position themselves to limit the target any flyers (beside the hellturkey) ca shoot at. Also, if Voifraven arrives on the map before the enemy flyers (especially vendettas) it will die horribly. You would get much more bang for the buck with a Ravager.
Back to top Go down
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 14:44

Try to find a way to get splinter racks on your warrior's raiders - maybe drop the shatterfields?

Slave
Archon of the Ten Towers

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 16:33

Oh I forgot to add splinter racks to the list but yes they are on there. As far as the Flyer goes: I see what you mean as far as the mobility thing but yeah I might have to kick around the idea of Ravager just for first turn hits and what not. Great advice please keep it coming
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 18:32

I'd want to replace those Blasters on the Reavers with Heat Lances, if only so they make a better distraction. Your mileage may vary, either is solid.

If you dropped 1 blasterborn, downsized most of the Archon's upgrades, skipped the shatterfield missiles (maybe go Razorwing to keep some missiles around?), and traded out the Flickerfields you'd be able to fit in a Ravager.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 21:31

Take an archon with husk blade soul trap, once he has killed his first tervigon the others will be easy to take down.
Also take a haeme so wracks count as troops.

Archon, soul trap, husk blade, shadow field.
Haeme, liquifier gun

3 x wracks in venom dual cannons archon and haeme with these guys.

2 x 5 wracks, liquifier. Venom dual cannons

2 x 5 warriors, blaster. Venom dual cannons

2 x ravagers with DL

5 troops at 1000 pts and 3 flamer in the list, you need the flamers for removing the gaunts from the objectives.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with dealing with a certain list...   Need Help with dealing with a certain list... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help with dealing with a certain list...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: