THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..

Go down 
+4
Silverglade
Lay_Ayanesha
Kinnay
Brom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. Empty
PostSubject: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 21:04

Its apparant that the ball got dropped on the courts design, but can Urien still make them worthwhile?

Heres an example:

Urien- 190
7 Court- 2 medusae, 3 Sslyth, 1 Lhamaean, 1 Ur-ghul- 160
raider- 60 (upgrades to taste)

Total- 410

Pretty big investment obviously with the downside being the unit is not a troops selection. However the unit does have a bunch of strengths, namely 13 wounds at toughness 5 with FNP, Uriens clone field, regen and instant death attacks and 2 makeshift liquifiers which while random will be just as good or better than a liquifier 2/3 of the time. Throwing out potential str 5-7 flamers is nothing to sneeze at especially when they ignore mech saves 1/2 the time.

Also while not troops they dont contest Elites slots either plus they unlock a transport, small potatoes but still worth mentioning.

Lastly the Lhamaean allows the archon to upgrade his agonizer to poison (2+). This bit seems huge, for 110 pts you get an absolute beast against everything short of 2+ armour saves.

So any thoughts or experience with this build?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 21:26

Except that unfortunately, Agonizers are not poisoned and therefore cannot be improved by the Lhamaean's special rule. Sad

Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 21:35

At first, the Lhamae only buffs poisoned weapons. The agonizer will still wound on 4+.
I've never played a court on the table. Your idea is interesting. The alternative would be Urien with four grotesque (+Liquifier and champion upgrade) and a raider for 410 points.
Two wounds more, FnP plus furios charge. You're loosing one flamethrower, but gain more attacks with higher strength in CC. And you don't have to buy an archon to unlock his court.

Overall it is a nice idea, but imho Urien + Grots are a better combination for 410 points.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 22:08

Quote :
Except that unfortunately, Agonizers are not poisoned and therefore cannot be improved by the Lhamaean's special rule.
Aw jeez, well there goes that idea.

Quote :
At first, the Lhamae only buffs poisoned weapons. The agonizer will still wound on 4+.
I've never played a court on the table. Your idea is interesting. The alternative would be Urien with four grotesque (+Liquifier and champion upgrade) and a raider for 410 points.
Two wounds more, FnP plus furios charge. You're loosing one flamethrower, but gain more attacks with higher strength in CC. And you don't have to buy an archon to unlock his court.

Overall it is a nice idea, but imho Urien + Grots are a better combination for 410 points.
Unfortunately ya the grots win out even if only slightly. I guess the idea still has merit if Elites are heavily contested..
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 22:34

There is that...... plus the fact that Urien isn't an Archon so can't take a court of the Archon. Very Happy Vect and Malys are the only named heros that are Archons.

So to do it you'd have to take him as well as the Archon, and then deploy them with Urien.

And the Lhamean's only benefit their own Archon's poisoned attacks, not the HQ they are deployed with.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 17:05

your best bet if you really want to run a court is either maxing out the number of templates you can bring (so two medusae) or going for max slyth and add in a haemie to break up their average toughness, giving them T5

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
kingc1313
Hellion
kingc1313

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 18:25

on the topic of the court do we have to take one of each type

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 18:42

So it says in the codex

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Yllithian
Slave
Yllithian

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2013, 09:11

Are you sure? My friend says he always field three sslyth instead of incubi which he thinks are too expensive ( which I do not agree with but anyway)

EDIT: Read thé codex again, got it now :p

Double posts are against the forum rules, please use the edit button. Thanks. Very Happy - Mush
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..   Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urien Rakarth and Court of the Archon..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: