THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

doom scythe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 10:34

my son played a game last week against some crons, a doom scythe zoomed in 36 inches, he shot his icaris cannon at it got a pen, the scythe evaded the shot. he then targeted a doom ray (not sure if that's right) on the long fangs killing 3 and then causing 3 pens on a RB.

is the cron player pulling a fast 1 as IMO and from what i understand of the rule if you evade you can only snapshot, hence our birds cant fire missiles, as you do need to be able to roll a "to hit die". as this weapon just points to a spot and then hits something in a line of 12" can they still fire and auto hit and evade? this does not sound right or particular fair as we have to spend points for the save (flicker field).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 10:38

The BRB FAQ says:

Quote :
Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with Zooming Flyers and Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them. This includes weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and novas.

Not sure if that works the other way round though. Tricky one!

baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 10:45

yeah i read that 1 and im sure it should work the other way around too the whole evade then still able to shoot when everyone else suffers seems a bit broken especially for an army that can grow flyers on trees.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 10:49

Page 13 under snaps shots in the rule book.

Any shooting attack that does not use a ballistic skill cannot be fired as a snap shot.

Hope this helps from memory the doom ray does not roll to hit so it cannot be snap fired Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 10:50

that is a great find thanks
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 12:08

Yeah Ivan had the right rule. Any shooting attack that does not use a ballistic skill cannot be fired as a snap shot.

Probably coincidence but, the thing I have noticed is necrons more than any other race pull fast ones, maybe necrons just attract that kind of player. Either way that guy was breaking the rules and your son deserves an apology. Smile

... Necron Scum... (said in storm trooper voice)

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 12:40

Also be aware that the decision to evade is done after the hit but BEFORE the roll to pen... Thus is possible to be hit, evade then take no damage

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2013, 08:54

yeah he said that he just rolled too quick not giving his opponent the choice thus allowed the roll.

IME i do feel that the necron players are the ones pulling fast ones more of the time, i saw 1 jump to tyranids after his "unbeaten" crons got a good kick in from them lol. im sure i will see all 3 of them jump to tau shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

doom scythe Empty
PostSubject: Re: doom scythe   doom scythe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doom scythe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-