THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Grotesques

Go down 
+7
Ciirian
Lay_Ayanesha
Dogmar
Kinnay
Evil Space Elves
Mngwa
VanSan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VanSan
Slave
VanSan

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 06:37

Time to say hello! Some of you might know me from warseer or perhaps some German Forums. But now, after i got an Invitation on warseer, i finally reached the Dark City Smile
In contrast to the other Forums where I normally have project logs i decided that I am going to start different threads to different topics here to present my work.

In my first one i am going to Show you my latest work my Grotesques. They are built out of warhammer Vargheists combined with Talos Bits. I used one winged arm per model, because in my opinion the style fits very much to the "DE asthetic".

My Grotesques 0ee7b9bc1e582a0588420ffb54ed5940
My Grotesques 399898b95ee5aff0adc77b52be138801
My Grotesques 8ac670dad34afd02a19784de930fdabd
My Grotesques Ca9cd355e5b20e7f848e68b9faff2b5c

and primed
My Grotesques IMG_7466_zps9f50505b
My Grotesques 4-4_zps7b1bce42
My Grotesques 3-5_zps39574e0d
My Grotesques 2-18_zpsf2121b71

and finished
My Grotesques 1-24_zpsec31a5ab
My Grotesques 2-18_zps52673dc8
My Grotesques 4-4_zps96e43be9

My Grotesques 6-1_zps186b5c26
My Grotesques 8-1_zpsafffd849

My Grotesques 9-1_zpsfea32970
My Grotesques 11-1_zps643ed434

My Grotesques 12-1_zps52c88596
My Grotesques 13-1_zpse09795cc

and together with some of my wracks
My Grotesques 15_zps28a3d595
My Grotesques 16_zpsf6c33a3a
My Grotesques 17_zps83f55587

Hope you like them and if you have any question just ask Smile
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 08:56

Winged grotesgues? Now thats cool, and evil-looking Twisted Evil
The creepiest thing in one of those are those legs, look like they are from a bird!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
VanSan
Slave
VanSan

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 10:15

Mngwa wrote:
The creepiest thing in one of those are those legs, look like they are from a bird!
This was the aim. I wanted to built a fourth mini Out of the box so i made a Green Stuff stamp for one half of the body. The legs are actually Talos arms with Parts of old metal wrack arms.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 12:30

These are quite the thing. Well done sir!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 13:53

Glad you made it over here, VanSan. Did you receive my message on WarSeer? You say you've been invited, but haven't replied to my invitation from months ago. Did somebody else invite you, too?

That being said: absolutely stunning models and an inspiration to us all. You should definitely add your units to our apothic gallery!

VanSan
Slave
VanSan

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 14:11

Yeah it was your Message from end of february on warseer. Sorry that i didn't answered but i read it quite late (i didn't check my pms often). But your message came to my mind when i decided to play the next tournament with my DE and after reading some Threads here i decided to join. Thanks again for inviting me and sorry that i didn't reply.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 14:30

Great job on the grots, very unique conversion you've got there, I haven't seen a similar one on here before.

I've seen your DE army on warseer, it all looks great. You've put a lot of effort in that army and the colour scheme is simple, yet stunning. Oh and just for your information: I just had to steal your DE flakk-cannon idea - so much awesome. I'm currently in the building process.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 19:56

You should post some pictures of your units in the aphotic gallery - http://www.thedarkcity.net/f25-the-aphotic-gallery

I like the whole style of your army and the grotesques look very good. I'm looking forward to see more of your Dark Eldar project.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2013, 19:58

These Grots look awesome, maybe they were planned to be Scourges with their steroid tubes left in too long. I saw another picture you posted from another post, would love to see more of your army as it is very nicely painted and converted. AND looks like from the pictures you have good photo taking skills too, so would love to see more if your up for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 14:11

Amazing result VanSan. The best part about it. is that it appears to be done without green stuff (to which I bear no love).

I actually went out and bought some Vargheist and am polishing my talos bits of as we speak because of this post. This is the first time I have a good feeling about doing a grotesque. Wish me luck...

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion
Tangentical

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 09:15

Wow, that's a kinda cool original take on the Grotesque conversion!

My Rat Ogre modifications feel a bit 'standard' now!

Wych

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 09:59

Argh!!!
Thats my plan Smile

Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 17:12

They look spiffy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Grotesques   My Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Grotesques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion