THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to use a WWP?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cox61171
Slave
cox61171

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 12:21

Hi,

Ok seeing as how I am totally new to Dark Eldar (haven't even got an army together yet!), can you guys please explain how a WWP works?. Is it really that the guy using it has to pop it out then stand around for a turn getting blasted to bits?. If so how do you get around this?.

It sounds great and the element of surprise if you have 2 of these would be great but the idea of my Archon doing this then dying seems pretty pointless to me.

The other point is that I have read that my opponent can surround the WWP and stop me from exiting with all but models that can fly out of it, but also that he could park something on top to stop ANYTHING from coming out?. Is this correct?.

Any help at all with this would be great as I don't want to base my army around this only to find that it is pretty useless to me.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 16:20

First- Haemonculus. Or two actually since You want two Portals.
Second - one MUST land somewhere in turn 1. Best is to deploy on deployment line sideway, pivot gaining few inches, move 12", disembark 2.99" and place it (+3"). This may push Your board edge over 30" forward. If You start first You may totally do that. You should take Raider. You sit in Raider wreck in Your deployment zone? Dump it anyway.
Third - unit. In case Your WWP Raider would be blown up, You must have biggest unit possible. Best if it have decent save and may benefit from Pain. Note You WILL get shoot since Your stuff is mostly in reserves.

Surrounding Your WWP may prevent You from entering so try to keep something that may either tank shock or engedge thing in CC.

However if someone would try to pull crap with flying over it... I'm not sure if you can land with skimmers etc. over impassible terrain if You CAN'T place model (and you certainly can't with WWP Vortex marker.).
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 17:05

I have only used a WWP once.

Threw it down infront of a Terminator Lord who suddenly could not charge because he had to move around the new Impassable Terrain.

cox61171
Slave
cox61171

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 17:26

Thanks for those replies, the biggest problem seems to be that some tournies will not alow you to use a GW WWP Marker, you have to use the blast template as this is flat, therefore letting things land on top of it - so the question remains can this stop things from exiting?.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 17:33

I have recently heard about the land a skimmer on top of the wwp marker (assuming you are using a small blast template) to block all the egress from it. I suggested if someone did this you would be well within your rights to take him outside and tickle him with your fists for being a douche. If you are worried about this happening and have missed out on buying one of the ltd ed markers and don't want to pay the ridiculous price they are going for on evilbay then I suggest you model your own.

As to it's use one has to be placed turn one and you should have one troop unit in a transport in your army with space to carry your chosen portal bearer, this allows you to be effective in Dawn of War scenarios.

Sybarite
Tiri Rana

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 17:35

In my opinion it is stupid to hover over a WWP while denying Infantry could walk below, but
the problem with hovering above a WWP is that Jump Infantry, Jetbikes and Skimmers can land on top of impassable terrain, if the model can actually be placed on it.
No you do not have to agree, and it's not optional.
So if you repeatedly encounter opponents trying to pull that off, or just want to be sure about it take a marker a model can't be placed upon.

If an opponent tries to call out wobbly model just remind him that special>general. So if the skimmer rule specificaly demands a model to be actualy placable you can't claim it using wobbly model.
Besides that wobbly model needs reciprocal agreement.

Personaly I think it's the best way to agree, befor play, that a WWP is unhoverable.

Sponsored content

How to use a WWP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use a WWP?   How to use a WWP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to use a WWP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: