THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?

Go down 
+3
commandersasha
DominicJ
Mushkilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? Empty
PostSubject: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 19:59

The rules for monstrous creature say:

Quote :
Monstrous Creatures can fire up to two of their weapons each shooting phase - BRB page 48

I take it that means a talos with splinter cannons and a liquifier can only fire one or the other during overwatch. Am I correct? Or did I miss something.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:21

It doesnt say anything about overwatch?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 21:57

The wording is "An Overwatch attack is resolved like a normal shooting attack..." BRBp21"...and uses all the normal rules for range,...and so on".
A multi-model infantry unit's shooting attack can contain multiple shots, of different weapons, therefore so can an MC's.

I can see the query, but I'd say I fall into the 2 guns in Overwatch camp.
If you charged my Dakkafex, I'd expect to shoot 12 shots at you!
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 22:24

I agree with commandersasha, his quote is spot on. Therefore the talos would be able to overwatch with the Liquifier and the second weapon (cannon, HWB, HL).
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 07:02

Agreed, but this argument has come up in my store. And I'm sure it will come up even more with the wording of Tau multi trackers being the same. Those suits can only overwatch with one weapon! etc etc...

Sigh, for the love of the muses playtest! Or at least react to the FAQ emails GW!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 10:04

...or have the game designers and Official Rules Publishers on a forum!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 15:56

yah I would agree that suits and other things that can shoot two weapons (like MCs) can fire both. Overwatch uses all shooting rules, and even says treat it as a shoot phase. So multiple shots here we go!!!

Its not playtesting... its laziness. They copied and pasted it from last edition where there was only 1 shooting phase and nothing else. Plus remember in GW land everyone uses common sense and there is never a difference in oppinions or interpretations
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 16:01

Shadows Revenge wrote:
Its not playtesting... its laziness. They copied and pasted it from last edition where there was only 1 shooting phase and nothing else. Plus remember in GW land everyone uses common sense and there is never a difference in oppinions or interpretations

And if there is, they just roll a dice for it. Saves having to write decent rules!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 16:24

Mushkilla wrote:
Agreed, but this argument has come up in my store.
Sigh, for the love of the muses playtest! Or at least react to the FAQ emails GW!

Or, tell the rules lawyers to shove it! Razz I agree with the consensus here= 2 weapons.(Of course, I do play Tau... Suspect )
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 16:46

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Of course, I do play Tau...

What treachery is this?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 17:13

Mushkilla wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:
Of course, I do play Tau...

What treachery is this?

Traded and old Dwarf army for a Tau one a few years back. I play 6 different 40k armies...I've been at this for a while Razz Dark Eldar are my babies though!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 17:37

To be fair I have 2k of tau in a box somewhere including a forge world baracuda I managed to buy for $10! But in that box they will stay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 00:30

Evil Space Elves wrote:
...Dark Eldar are my babies though!
I bet you say that to all the forums...! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?   Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monstours Creatures can only overwatch with one weapon!?
Page 1 of 1