THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Reaper: Discuss

Go down 
+16
Ophidian Vane
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
SirTainly
Anggul
Xelkireth
Fletch
abjectus
Nomic
Radium
GrenAcid
The Strange Dude
Gobsmakked
Tiri Rana
Local_Ork
Rangrok1k
Sorrowshard
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 19:50

I'm experienced in writing letters to FW, It's in hand .

Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 01:06

And the letter is away !!

I'll post any response (if I even get a response) here.

Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 18:06

Forgeworld responds:

"Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail. One of the reasons that we put experimental rules up for download like this is exactly so that our 50,000 or so Newsletter subscribers can try them out either with proxy models or with the miniatures themselves. As you can imagine this level and intensity of playtesting far exceeds anything we can achieve ourselves, and as we have no plans for a Dark Eldar-focussed Imperial Armour book this year you can rest assured that these rules will change as we begin to receive constructive feedback.

You mention that you have had unsuccessful playtests with the reaper – can you possibly elaborate on this? Remember that our focus when writing rules is not to ‘please’ players as you put it, but to add depth and different options to the army for which the unit is designed. You may rest assured that nor do we simply power up Imperial units and power down xenos units out of some imagined preference! We generally playtest in the context of armies, not simply rolling dice with an isolated Reaper fighting against different tanks as this is not representative of either army selection or tabletop situations.

We do monitor the various forums for ‘first impressions’ of our kits and rules, and we always read and consider any constructive feedback we receive, but as no unit works in isolation in a game, no unit is playtested in isolation. We look forward to hearing more from you with regard to the results of your games, so please don’t hesitate to contact us".

There you have it folks, I will reserve comment at this stage and let you guys discuss, the thing to take away here is that you should playtest it a bit and send FW some feedback.

One thing I will say is that I am impressed that FW seems to at least welcome a dialogue, they want constructive feedback, then they shall have it !!

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 18:28

Sorrowshard wrote:
One thing I will say is that I am impressed that FW seems to at least welcome a dialogue, they want constructive feedback, then they shall have it !!

Wow, that's a fast and thoughtful response. Again, thanks for doing that Sorrowshard.

And yes, we should always do our damndest to make sure that we maintain healthy dialogues over new rules and models and provide only constructive feedback. So that this forum remains the best Dark Eldar resource around and we continue to be as relevant to the developers as to the gamers.

Unlike some others.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 18:48

I'd wager this is a thought out cut and paste email response. Any software company that does beta tests and opens them to the general population does something very similar. Nevertheless, I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
Wulfvin
Hellion
Wulfvin

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2015, 15:54

Does anyone have/know where to get the rules for this anymore? The previous links I found don't work anymore. Suggestions? Just trying to research some FW options.

Thanks

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2015, 15:58

Latest rules are in Imperial Armour Apocalypse (2013)

Wulfvin
Hellion
Wulfvin

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2015, 16:01

Thanks. Appreciated.

Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 09:18

Well The Reaper and the Tantalus both need updated rules.

The main problem with the Reaper as I see it is the one weapon and one shot combo. In the description the Reaper is a glass cannon. Staying alive because of speed and maneuverability. But shooting a all destroying shot from its electromagnetic wave cannon. Well in 7 or 7.5 edition a large blast str 5 ap 4 even with haywire or a single str 7 ap 3 with instant death and 3d haywire is not that great. The range of the cannon sucks too.

The Reaper has the same problem as all other tanks in the game. Four guys with heavy weapons can have more and better firepower and always shot a full BS.

If they really wanted to make the Reaper good. The gun need to be something like: Blast: str 5/6 large blast (or bigger) ap 3; Beam: str 7 ap 2 with 3 haywire hits (not d3) and instant death.

Or the cannons beam should just be a destroyer weapon.

Or even better just copy the rules from the Warp hunter from the same books for eldar. The is a better tank for 10 points more. It shots 3 blast barrage with the distort rule (now properly just 3 D-weapon barrage shots) or template flamer with the distort rule...
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 13:41

The Reaper also guys Night Shields, Flickerfields, and TGLs at 5th edition prices, which is definitely in the plus column.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper: Discuss   The Reaper: Discuss - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reaper: Discuss
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2