THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

is a infantry heavy list viable?

Go down 
+2
colinsherlow
usernamesareannoying
6 posters
AuthorMessage
usernamesareannoying
Slave

is a infantry heavy list viable? Empty
PostSubject: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 01:00

its been a good while since ive played and i was wondering if an infantry heavy army has a chance.
i was thinking about 60 warriors with either 3 ravagers for anti tank or 2 razorwings and a ravager with a beastpack sprinkled in for support.
do you have to sport raiders/venoms to survive?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 01:07

Well I play a fairly heavy infintry list and it does well. I take 3-4 venoms for trueborn or warriors. a giant beast pack with the Baron. 2 small units of reavers to help contes the back objectives and 2 ravangers and a void raven bomber. the army has done quite well so far.

however I think that 60 warriors would be too many. dark eldar thrive off of mobility and with all warriors on foot you lose that. the game in mainy won by proper movement. and that is being sacrificed for a few more bodies. you can deff have lots of foot units. But I do think that some transports for DE are very important
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 06:51

Welcome to the Dark City usernamesareannoying!

Dark Eldar are built around their transports. If you don't take the transports you might be better off playing guard.

Despite that infantry lists can work but they tend to be of the coven variety and involve scoring troops coming out of a webway portal. At least in my experience.

Last edited by Mushkilla on Thu Apr 11 2013, 09:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 09:33

There's an infamous net list going around right now that has zero vehicles. Beasts + Eldrad (hopefully with invisibility) + Baron + Vect is the formula for that deathstar. Though Tau has the tools to make that list cry.

Most DE units rely on either transports or cover. So if you skip most of your transports, you'll want fortifications. Potentially some beefy allies to eat bullets instead of you.

Perhaps some elements of Footdar? Like an Avatar of Khaine, 2 squads of dire avengers, a wraithlord, and some wraithguard backed up by some dark eldar shooting and coven dudes?

It's doable. Just more than a little offbeat.
Back to top Go down
usernamesareannoying
Slave

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 12:19

Thanks very much all. Being ex-guard I guess this is why I’m trying the same tactics =P
My logic was with BS4 I could just do a lot of damage through sheer volume of fire.

Maybe the better question would have been what can I do with what I have?
40 warriors, 4 raiders, a ravager and 2 razorwing fighters.

Being as fragile as they are I wasn’t sure what 4 units of 10 warriors in raiders would really achieve so I kind of disregarded that match up.
Am I being too hasty?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 13:35

Its all what you want to do and who you face.

I mean, competitive play you dont really got many options in my experience.

But if you are just out to have fun, then bring whatever you want to the table is my advice, even tho you wont win much with all foot but that depends on oponent and gaming group. Heck I play some idiotic lists at times, just because they are more fun to play than the highly competitive venomspam lists.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 05:22

Well, with those models...

I'm thinking we can covert 1 Kabalite Warrior into an Archon, run him with some Trueborn in a Raider, take two squads of ten Kabs in Raiders and then two 5 man squads of Kabalites to grab backfield objectives.

1,000 points

1 Archon Not to exceed 270 points
Some Trueborn with nifty guns
+ Raider

10 Warriors 185
+ Splinter Cannon, Blaster
+ Raider, Nightshields

10 Warriors 185
+ Splinter Cannon, Blaster
+ Raider, Nightshields

5 Warriors 45
+ No upgrades, probably start in reserve.

5 Warriors 45
+ Ditto,

Ravager 115
+ Nightshields

Razorwing Jet 155
+ 1 Upgrade
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 13:34

Yes, but mechanised infantry.
The problem is 100pts of guard or tau will beat 100pts of DEldar in a shooting match.

With transports, you can make that 400pts of Deldar against 100pts of Tuard, four times.

Personaly, I'd say you made a bit of a boo boo with your purchases, but you have what you have.
A Ravager, two Razors, with lances and stock missiles, supporting 4 raiders with lances, splinter racks and ten kabalites with a splinter cannon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is a infantry heavy list viable?   is a infantry heavy list viable? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is a infantry heavy list viable?
Page 1 of 1