THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex

Go down 
+60
DEfan
Elzadar
RetroGamer1224
Dalamar
joe twocrows
fuhrmaaj
LSK
clively
average joe
ravenizer
Eldritchwarmaster84
Shadowharte
HERO
Bibitybopitybacon
Haemonculus
infamousme
Thor665
Vasara
shadowseercB
doriii
GKP
Archon_Demetrious
The_Burning_Eye
bklooste
MongooseDog
Mandor
Yllithian
Archon Farath Mure
darthken239
wanderingblade
Archon Darkanis
commandersasha
Talos
Skizzik_NZ
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Balisong
Jehoel
Cavash
Cavalier
Azdrubael
AvInNebr
Skyboard surfer
Selvhan
Tony Spectacular
Devilish
Sulphunet
Tiri Rana
Massaen
Hijallo
DominicJ
Nomic
Mushkilla
Darklight
Barking Agatha
Sky Serpent
sgb69
leinmann
stapebren7502
64 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex Empty
PostSubject: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 02:12

The way GW is spitting out codex.Mind you I know there are still older codexs that need newones. Me and my friends were thinking one of the reasons we havent got the rest of are models could be that they could be updating are book. Before everyone replys think about it. GW could want all the codexs in line with 6th. Cause the way it is now, it works but it could go sooo much better with 6th in mind. Laughing
Back to top Go down
leinmann
Hellion
leinmann

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 02:25

nah, i think the current dex is actually written with 6th in mind, and is pretty well balanced tbh, imho. i loved the previous one though, and i think all in all they'll most likely update the craftworld dex to be more like ours than anything. i'd also say that IG and nids are going to get new dexes though, as they seem to get a new version every new ruleset. but i'm happy with the current codex, even if all of the models aren't quite out yet, and a few pieces have to be modified to go in line with the current rules. just my 2p.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 02:42

I'd say nope.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 03:06

It depends if 6th is like 3rd and a longer edition as was rumoured, it just depends on what needs doing, what armies need it first but also the bigger picture of sales.

A new Dark Eldar codex would be easy to do, just rejig the rules around a bit with some new fluff, plastic coven, a new vehicle, a new coven beast and a character and done.

Personally, I think we won't see a codex until early 7th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 05:51

I think so. There are only 15 armies and they are averaging a new codex every two and a half months. If they keep that up they'll eventually get to all of them in about three and a half years, including the Dark Eldar, just in time for a new edition.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 06:27

I doubt it.

But if a new codex comes, then dont expect a complete overhaul like the last time. We needed that because of our horrible units tbh, same was with Necrons.... If it comes it will be more like the CSM, Demons etc update.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 06:43

Daemons was a complete overhaul as far as i'm concerned.

But I agree this codex is very solid and has set the style so to speak. So I see us getting an update similar to tau, where generally things stayed the same (plus a giant coven monster).
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 07:03

Mushkilla wrote:
(plus a giant coven monster).

No, a giant floaty mandrake lord of shadows that makes it always night-fighting by blocking out the sun.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 08:05

With the rate they're currently pumping out codices I wouldn't be suprised if they managed to update every codex into 6th edition before edition change.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 09:22

I'd be amazed if they keep up the current pace, what with warhammer still existing, and the hobbit being main effort over christmas for another two years, at least.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 14:52

There's a proof to statement that DE is 6ed codex.

Somewhere in the background section, there is a description of battle over some forgeworld, where Inquisitor precognised raid would happen. It states "many quad-guns and Icarus lascannons met arriving dark eldar forces".
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 15:01

The weapon names mean nothing, those were part of planet strike in 5th ed
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 15:13

If 6th stays for a couple of years it is totally possible that we'll get a new codex for 6th edition.
I don't think that we'll have to wait another 10+ years for a new codex, but I'd rather have a new codex in 7th than one of the last codices of 6th.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 18:20

DominicJ wrote:
I'd be amazed if they keep up the current pace, what with warhammer still existing, and the hobbit being main effort over christmas for another two years, at least.

There are also 15 armies in Warhammer, and 8 of their 8th edition books are already out. At this pace, they'll update every Warhammer book before the next edition and every codex before the next edition of WH40K.
Back to top Go down
Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 20:57

Everyone has had good points so far, so I think the only thing we can do is wait and see what will happen.

Besides, I'm not hoping for a new codex for Dark Eldar. I'd rather a new one for the Sisters of Battle, the White Dwarf article is not good enough in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 21:21

What I'd like is for GW do make DE and other 5.75 codexes their own warlord traits.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 02:45

The strongest factors, in my mind, in favor of our getting a new codex are the ever maligned mandrake and Khadrblah. With GW's oh-so-subtle trend toward hyperbuffing units which have previously been useless or way overcosted to promote sales I think we stand a chance. Add in new HQ models, a warlord table, a fancy twist or two, et voila.
Back to top Go down
Selvhan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 04:52

I agree that they could add a couple of things to our codex. We do not have any tank. We do not have any psyker. That is 2 new models they could add. We have some units that really need to be adjusted.

But do not dream, GW will most likely update his freaking space-marine codex before....
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 06:49

Selvhan wrote:
We do not have any tank. We do not have any psyker.

Tanks and psykers are anathema to the Dark Kindred. Hopefully it will remain so.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 09:57

Mushkilla wrote:
Selvhan wrote:
We do not have any tank. We do not have any psyker.

Tanks and psykers are anathema to the Dark Kindred. Hopefully it will remain so.

hear hear! no to metal boxes.

A bit more anti-psyker stuff might be nice though.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 10:27

Remember the Tantalus is a 'tank', if we were to get something bigger than a Raider it may be a 'tank'.

God no psykers, don't see us getting ay anti-psyker stuff either really, maybe anti-psyker in an offensive form.

Also Fantasy will be out next year and will hit like a freight train; if you believe what the internet says then Fantasy is massively flagging behind so that might get a lot more attention. Does anyone believe that this onslaught of books will continue? It feels more like a cover up for the flops of Dreadfleet and Hobbit. The real telltale will be if anything is released over the traditional wave summer months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Selvhan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 15:22

I'm pretty sure they will continue. If they release codex, that mean people will buy stuff. Since they put price really high, especially for people that do not live in the US, they have to release more and more to keep the veteran and the new player as potential buyer.

So yes I'm sure they will continue.

Maybe we do not need a tank, but 10 plating on raider is pretty low. He is vulnerable to any bolter ang god know there is a lot around. Maybe an option to upgrade to 11 would be interesting...

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 15:28

The definition of Dark Eldar has always been that of a glass cannon. Hard to do that without being made of glass.

Anything that is tough in our codex tends to be considerably slower (coven units).

Maybe something sneakier like night fight manipulation. Something that builds on the night shields (man i wish those things treated firing models as if they were shooting night). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 18:46

I like most am pretty happy with the current codex and don't need a new one right now. I would like to see an "addition" or "update" to the current though that would do a few things, many already mentioned. The biggest two would be a warlords trait for them (all armies should have one honestly and that'd be something easy enough to do for all armies without doing new codices) and making mandrakes more usable (maybe as simple as starting with a pain token???). Otherwise I think we're good for a while...
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 19:13

Quote :
It feels more like a cover up for the flops of Dreadfleet and Hobbit.

How can dreadfleet be a flop?
It was always a one off.
Or was space hulk in some way different?

The hobbit seemed to sell like mad over Christmas as well, thats always going to be driven by the film than anything GW do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next