THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers Empty
PostSubject: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 22:15

My DEldar Army exists, to counter punch.

I bleed you as you cross the board, I let you get into position, and then I wipe you out.
Or at least thats the plan.

The last few games, the enemy didnt make it across the board, and my counter punch had to rush forward to kill something before the enemy all died.

To create a more agressive jab, I want a Cronos and two Taloi.
But how do I offer anti tank in such a list?
Can 6x5 wyches with Haywire really manage it?

Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 23:02

I hate to say this, but your awser could be in the fast attack section with scourges or reavers.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11 2013, 23:47

What about a mix of 4 blasterites and wyches, then 2x6 reavers for things you need dead quicker. The wyches and taloi can handle AT up close, the blasters at mid range. You could also out some units in lance raiders.

Also consider the value of the chronos for making tokens vs just taking a 3rd talos. I think another talos would be better unless maybe your running full wych squads.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 15:19

blaster reavers and lance raiders would be your best bet. You will basically be switching your AI from venoms and warriors in your troops to the taloi and chronos in your HS slot, and your AT to your troop slot and transports from your HS slots

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 21:04

Very few things in the game are better at anti-tank than War Walkers + Prescience. Vypers and Warp Spiders do an alright job as well at the whole "bleed them as they advance, then put them down" shtick.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 23:51

also lanceborn (3 trueborn w/ 2 dark lances) are a decent way to get some extra AT as well

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers   Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti Tank without fliers or Ravagers
Page 1 of 1