THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cuchulain84
Slave
cuchulain84

1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 18:10

HQ
Archon (Blaster)
75pts

Elites
4 Kabalite Trueborn (4 x Blaster)
Venom (Splinter Cannon, Night Shields)
173pts

Troops
10 Kabalite Warriors
(Sybarite, Blaster, Splinter Cannon)
Raider (Dark Lance, Splinter Racks, Night Shields)
205pts

10 Kabalite Warriors
205pts

10 Kabalite Warriors
205pts

Fast Attack
5 Scourges (2 x Haywire Blaster)
130pts

6 Reavers (2 x Blaster)
162pts

Heavy Support
Ravager (3 x Dark Lance, Night Shields)
115pts

Ravager (3 x Disintigrators, Night Shields)
115pts

Ravager (3 x Disintigrators, Night Shields)
115pts

1500pts

My previous list had Incubi and Wyches in and I'm sad to see them go but I really want to give Scourges and Reavers a go having not used them with the current codex.

What do you guys think?

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 19:02

Nice list, though now that archons are worth a slay the warlord victory point I think it would be worth trying to get a shadow field on him, venom blade comes in handy too. Especially seeing as he is sitting in a high priority target (aka the trueborn venom). The shadow field can be used to tank all the hits from the vehicle explodes result, which will help keep your blasterborn alive that little bit longer. I would drop all the Sybarites, you don't need LD9 on squads of 10 warriors. Another thing, do you need four blasters in the blaster born squad considering they are riding with the archon? Four blaster shots, one at BS7 should be more than enough to kill most things. I think five is overkill.

Hope that helps. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
cuchulain84
Slave
cuchulain84

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 19:42

Mushkilla wrote:
Nice list, though now that archons are worth a slay the warlord victory point I think it would be worth trying to get a shadow field on him, venom blade comes in handy too. Especially seeing as he is sitting in a high priority target (aka the trueborn venom). The shadow field can be used to tank all the hits from the vehicle explodes result, which will help keep your blasterborn alive that little bit longer.

You clearly haven't seen me roll a Shadow Field save before Wink

Mushkilla wrote:
I would drop all the Sybarites, you don't need LD9 on squads of 10 warriors. Another thing, do you need four blasters in the blaster born squad considering they are riding with the archon? Four blaster shots, one at BS7 should be more than enough to kill most things. I think five is overkill.

It does help, thank you!

Following your suggestions (Dropping one trueborn, dropping sybarites, adding shadowfield and venomblade) leaves me with 32pts to spend.

For 15pts I could get an arena champ with venomblade, but then I can't find any where to spend the last 17pts.

Maybe I could swap the Reaver's Blasters for Heat Lances and then I'd have enough points for a Cluster Caltropes upgrade?

Whadd'ya think?

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 20:03

Never take cluster caltrops and blasters/heat lances in the same unit. You only benefit from caltrops if you Bladevane, and you have to turbo-boost to do that, forgoing your chance at shooting. And given how expensive caltrops are, if you buy them, you are going to want to maximise their use, making the gun upgrades a waste.

Slave
cuchulain84

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 06:40

Hmm, okay, any other suggestions? I can't think of anything else.

PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 02:26

your elites cost at 183 pts, rather than 173 pts.

Mushkilla wrote:
Nice list, though now that archons are worth a slay the warlord victory point I think it would be worth trying to get a shadow field on him, venom blade comes in handy too. Especially seeing as he is sitting in a high priority target (aka the trueborn venom). The shadow field can be used to tank all the hits from the vehicle explodes result, which will help keep your blasterborn alive that little bit longer. I would drop all the Sybarites, you don't need LD9 on squads of 10 warriors. Another thing, do you need four blasters in the blaster born squad considering they are riding with the archon? Four blaster shots, one at BS7 should be more than enough to kill most things. I think five is overkill.

There's no kill like overkill in the dark eldar lexicon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar   1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts of Shooty Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: