THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th

Go down 
+20
Marquis Vaulkhere
Massaen
Phototoxin
Nepenthe
Finn
Hashmal
Rangrok1k
abjectus
Aroshamash
kargenetic
ashogunnamedmarcus
GrenAcid
Xelkireth
Nomic
Urien Rakarth
Gobsmakked
killfrenzy
Baron Tordeck
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 19:50

I don't believe that assault will come before shooting. The rumour state that it is bound to happen, but also they say that every codex after Tyranids has been written with 6th edition in mind (including ours). If so, toys like Archangel of pain were designed to be utterly useless, especially if you go second. GW may be morons from time to time, but not SUCH morons, I guess Smile

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 21:26

Well, they did that with Ork Boyz (fearless + 0-1 Hardboyz limit) and Daemons (AT? What AT?) Shocked

However I don't believe in that either, unless they give all units old Ork Warbikers rule (when You assault, You could use TL Big Shootas shoots as CC attacks with I 10)
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19 2011, 07:14

Well, the current rumor is that you can use pistols and assault weapons in combat, with some restrictions. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a special rule for templates, say 1d3 or even 1d6 extra attacks... But yeah, it would reek of changing things just for the sake of changing.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 18:48

Little bit of an update, of sorts, from Marik Law on Dakka, but of course completely unsubstantiated at this point:

First, http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/405881.page
Marik Law wrote:

Can't name my source, but this person is a fairly new source to me so please take this with a large helping of salt. I can't even be sure that I can trust this person 100% yet. We'll see if I can trust him if what he said actually comes to pass.

Codex: Necrons (Late October & all November)
Codex: Tau Empire (Early 2012)
6th Edition AND Codex: Legions of Chaos (Mid 2012)
Codex: Eldar (Late 2012)

The following are supposedly to be released in 2013, but I was not given a specific release order. With that said, the following is NOT in order of release.

Codex: Dark Angels (2013)
Codex: Sisters of Battle (2013)

He/She mentioned that there would be a third Codex in 2013, but couldn't give me specifics as to what it was (or was unwilling to at this point in time). He/She mentioned quite a lot of other things as well (6th Edition, narratives, etc), but I don't want to push too much out there when I don't know if I can trust this person yet or not. So again, please take this with a grain (or a spoonful) of salt

and then http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/405881.page#3487260
Marik Law wrote:

Quote :
What did your source say about 6th edition?

I hope that it was the rumors from long ago are wrong.

He/She wouldn't go into specifics, but said that a lot of what had been said online was true, some of it wasn't entirely correct, and some of it was correct but just worded extremely poorly to a point where it made the rule seem more complex than it actually was or made the rule seem somehow different. He/She said he/she had played games using the new rulebook and said that the games didn't take much longer to complete than they already are, if anything they were making a point that some of the more convoluted rules have been streamlined and some of the rules that were "too basic" got changed as well. He/She said that, if anything, the game feels much more strategic with the new rulebook, though he/she did say that some of the rules take "a bit of getting used to."

EDIT: Codex books won't be invalidated by the new rules apparently, but the new rulebook will come with an FAQ section for each already existing army to clarify any confusion or mix-ups in concern to the new rules.

Also, to those worried about the lack of Imperial releases, my source did say that new models and finecast were coming out over the next year for a few Imperial loyalist armies, including Imperial Guard, and that after Eldar we'd be, and I quote, "sick of Imperial releases."

As for why they chose certain armies over armies that needed it more (Dark Angels, Black Templars, etc), it was apparently due to lore/fluff reasons. Chaos is going to be a major threat come 6th Edition to everyone, not just the Imperium, and apparently they (Chaos) will have a front against the Tau Empire, hence why Tau are getting a release before-hand. The perspective/narrative is also changing apparently and it won't be only or heavily Imperial, he/she said that GW wanted to make some of the other "good" races (Tau Empire, Eldar) feel just as important as the Imperium when it comes to lore/fluff and the fate of the galaxy. This was apparently some of the reasoning behind why Tau Empire and Eldar are getting books before armies like Dark Angels and Black Templars.

As for the actual Tau Empire rules, all my source was willing to say was that a good deal of the rumours currently on the internet about Tau are true, but that some were false or just poorly worded, and that he/she couldn't give out or confirm/deny specifics as he/she "might get in trouble." Apparently, some GW staff are allowed to leak certain details to the public via the internet, but are very specific as to what is allowed to be said by who.

Again, take with a grain of salt.

insterspersed with:
ghost21 from Warseer wrote:

Quote :
The starter set(s) are Chaos and Dark Angels.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's not Dark Angels.
(...)
The first thing I have to say is that there are 2 chaos books planed.
One more renegade based, the other legion based. The legion one will be that, dudes who are 10000 years old kicking ass n taking names.

There "may" be an inquisitor who hass gone bad but really expect new guys in the renegade one.

It's lost and the damned influenced... but it has other options....

also 2012??...maybe at a push

and finally, http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/405881.page#3490169
Marik Law wrote:
Just asked my source about the two Chaos books ghost21 mentioned. He said that Legions was coming first and that Renegades would first get a WD article soon after that and that a new Codex would come out later (about 1-2 years after the WD article).

For those worried that Tau Empire aren't going to be as mean as a post-6th Edition Codex, fear not. From what my source said, the last several Codex books are going to have "the shortest FAQs in the rulebook" as they were "designed with the 6th Edition rules in mind."

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 12:15

Looks more melee based - like 3rd and 2nd edition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 07:36

Going back to assault before shooting is 2nd ed and that game (while very fiddly) was a heap of fun!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 05:05

I have very little to say because I am at a loss for words... I am somewhat frightened and somewhat exited. I am afraid and exited for the next edition and the new codex's.

lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 09:45

I would welcome charging from deep strike but loosing cover save from turbo boosting scares me!

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 14:05

I always try and take all interwebz rumours with a pinch of salt myself. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. I'm a patient man, i can wait.

That being said though, I find myself rather looking forward to these changes if they're not complete heresay - They shoot themselves in the foot if they make it all too complicated, so i'm sure once everyone gets in the swing of it we'll really be able to pass informed judgement. Overall, i see a move back to second edition 'feel' without some of the convoluted crap in there - as a grumbly old long in the tooth TTer i rather like that! Smile

I do REALLY like the to hit mod being introduced, as has been said already a lot of other systems have this and in my eyes makes a welcome return. I'm not too worried about Herohammer as almost eveyrthing is wounding on a 6 up now, so +/++ might add a bit more durability, but (hopefully) not an amped up Herohammer.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 15:22

So looking at the army deals coming out in Dec we have for the fantasy side Skaven and High Elves. For the 40k side its SM and DE. Since the newest starter set for fantasy (Isle of Blood) was HE vs Skaven It makes me think that there is the possiblity of 6th editions starter set going the way of 3rd and being SM vs DE - discuss

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 16:52

I'd say better chance to be shilling for a new release - the CSM talk strikes me as most likely

Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 14:41

I heard from a "quite acceptable" source that Tau would be one of the armies in the 6th edition starter.

C: CSM vs Tau?

That would be quite surprising....
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 16:46

I have heard no rumors and have no inside sources.

One of the two armies in the starter will be Space Marines.

This is fact. Wink

Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 08:13

Thor, what I've heard is only that:

- There will be a Xenos army in the starter, probably Tau

- That the box will be "AMAZING". He probably meant the quality and quantity.

Many new players don't realize how hard it was say 5 years ago to get cheap terminators.

Now they despise the monopose Black Reach...but 5 terminators, 10 marines and 1 dread for 30 euros? The terminators alone cost more!!

- AFAIK (3rd edition), we've always had a SM army in the starter. But maybe the above point made GW think...

We want people to buy the starters...but we make a living out of SM. So...lets pull them away from the starter, so people have to buy battleforces.

This is totally my opinion

TL;DR: we'll see in a few months Smile

Good Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th   6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Edition Rumours - small update Oct 25th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2