THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Tau enemies

Go down 
+2
SebastionSynn
Archon of the shadow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon of the shadow
Hellion
Archon of the shadow

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 19:01

So I've been regularly fighting a buddy of mine who just started playing with his tau on 6th edition rules. I have had pretty rotten luck fighting him as he reads all my posts on here and looks up much tactica. Is there any tactics people can provide for doing a bit better. Lately i've been doing better against him. My models include:
HQ:
archon

Elites:
Incubi X5

Fast Attack:
Reavers X6
Scourges X5

Troops:
Kabalites X40
Wyches X10

Dedicated Transports:
Raiders X2

Heavy Support:
Razorwing jetfight/ Voidraven Bomber X1
Ravager X1

Any suggestion on models to get and how to use the models I currently have?
Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 19:37

Quote :
Is there any tactics people can provide for doing a bit better.

don't post a list on here that he can read, by him reading your posts and army lists he's tailoring his list to beat you, which is to my mind a form of cheating. he may not think he's tailoring his list but he is, for the info he has read is still cooking in the back of his mind when he builds his own lists, and therefore influences his choices.

the better option is to post what models you have and seek suggestions from others in a private message as to what tactics to use for your models, and then build a list offline from those suggestions. best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 19:56

So, I play both Tau and DE. I have read the new dex and played against it once. Tau can outshoot DE every time. They out range you and are always wounding on 2+. The best place to be when fighting Tau is to be in close combat with them. They can't shoot you if you're stabbing them.

With the models you have, here's what I would do. Use your Archon as Vect so you can (almost) be assured of going first. Put him in a raider with the incubi and put the wyches in the second raider. Take eather sails on your raiders and get in his face on turn one. Have the reavers zoom up too. He will shoot down your raiders so make sure that once they crash your guys are in a position to charge in their next turn. You'll have to make sure you can engage with him on turn two. Remember, he can only overwatch fire once, and he'll want to use his nifty supporting fire rule, so you'll have to choose carefully who assaults first to soak up all that overwatch fire. Hint, it's the incubi. They have a chance of surviving (and Vect can soak all any low ap/high strength hits). Once the Tau has tried (or succeeded) in killing the incubi on overwatch, the reavers and wyches can go crazy killing everything else.

That's my thought.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 19:59

These should help:

BR21: The Black Buzzards VS New Tau
BR22: The Black Buzzards VS Tau (Rematch)
BR23: The Black Buzzards VS Tau Mech/Riptide

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Archon of the shadow
Hellion
Archon of the shadow

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 22:50

Send me messages via skype if anyone wants to suggest some things apart from the prying eyes of my friends. Also as we play often I can provide detailed lists on his army and does anyone have suggestions for what allies I should use with my DE. I have dark vengeance and an eldar army.
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 23:44

Eldar. It's kind of a thing. It works well too.

Kabalite Warrior

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2013, 01:46

You would really be helped by getting more transports. They make our infantry significantly more effective.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Archon of the shadow
Hellion
Archon of the shadow

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2013, 06:18

Thank you for the input. I planned on getting the new eldar when they are redone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Tau enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tau enemies   New Tau enemies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tau enemies
Page 1 of 1