THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TTIO
Slave
TTIO

Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) Empty
PostSubject: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 12:19

So, I don't really have that many models. As such my list kinda sucks, but here it is anyway:

HQ:
3x Haemonculi, one with a liquifier gun and one with a shattershard (175points)

Troops:
10x Warriors with a splinter cannon (100 points)
10x Warriors with a splinter cannon (100 points)
8x Wyches on a Raider (80 points + 60 points)

Fast Attack:
4x Reaver Jetbikes with a Blaster (103 points)
6x Reaver Jetbikes with 2x Cluster Caltrops (172 points)

Heavy Support:
Ravager (105 points)
Talos with twin-linked liquifier gun (105 points)

For a total of 1000 points.

Severely limited by the models I own. In addition to those models, I also have 6 hellions and 9 mandrakes (though apparently mandrakes are not so great, so I'm using them as haemonculi in this list). Any thoughts on how to improve this with the models I currently have? Long term I'm planning to get many more transports, but I don't have money atm.

Thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 12:23

Well, the list would work great with a webway portal. Maybe add one for a haemi? How to free up points for that, you could perhaps put up a 9 man reaver squad with less special weapons. That would leave points for some venomblades too!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
TTIO
Slave
TTIO

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 12:29

Okay, so getting rid of the specials for the reavers and adding a wwp to the haemonculus (probably the one going with the wyches, I guess), I have 20 points left.
I do like cluster caltrops though :p
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 12:54

Welcome to The Dark City TTIO!

I would recommend making the reavers into a single squad of 9. As for the rest of your list. I wouldn't run with a webway portal, it takes a lot of effort and a very specific list, so best stay away from it for now. Here is what I would do with what you have:

HQ:
Archon, shadowfield, venom blade - 95 <- goes with the wyches
Heamonculus, venom blade, liquifier - 65 <- can either give the reavers a pain token at the beginning of the game or join the archon and the wyches.

Troops:
10 Warriors with a splinter cannon - 100 <- keep them in area terrain
10 Warriors with a splinter cannon - 100 <- keep them in area terrain
7 wyches, haywire grenades, hekatrix, venom blade, PGL - 109
Raider - 60

Fast Attack:
9 reavers, 3 blasters, arena champion, venom blade - 258

Heavy Support:
Ravager - 105
Talos with twin-linked liquifier gun - 105

Total: 997pts

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Sat Apr 20 2013, 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TTIO
Slave
TTIO

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 14:12

Hi Mushkilla, and thanks Smile

Why do you say to only take 7 wyches?
It does seem more reliable than the other list though ^^
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 14:24

TTIO wrote:
Why do you say to only take 7 wyches?

It was mainly for points. Also each wych has a 55% chance of dying if their raider explodes so taking a full size unit of wyches is rarely worth it.

I would advise getting transports for the rest of your force as soon as possible, though that list should do ok for you in the mean time.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
TTIO
Slave
TTIO

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 14:39

Fair enough.

Yeah, I'm trying to get some more venoms, at least, if not more raiders too.

Also, have I done something wrong or is that not quite the right number? I'm getting the wych squad to be worth 97 points, not 109. Which gives me an extra 15 points to play with, so I'm not complaining ^^
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 16:22

It's 109, you need to buy haywire grenades for each wych so that's 14pts for 7. I think you only added one.

Hope that helps. Smile

Back to top Go down
TTIO
Slave
TTIO

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 16:25

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I always read it as 2 points for the squad (which would be much better :p )

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)   Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty horrendous list ^_^; (1000 points)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: