THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

800 pts for doubles Tournement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

800 pts for doubles Tournement Empty
PostSubject: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 21:10

I have a doubles Tournement coming up, my partner is an Eldar player, I haven't had his final list yet, but it will be something like
Farseer on bike
6 Guardian Jetbikes
5 Pathfinders
2 -3 Vypers with Dakka
3 Dark Reapers
Rules for the Tournement is 800pts per force (so 1600pts per team), each force must be built using a separate standard FOC (not a combined one across the team) the only additional limitation is no special characters allowed.

Opponents are likely to be mostly MEQ including codex marines, CSM and grey knights, probably one SW player, one other DE player, possibly a couple of Necrons as well and a couple of Tau players, though I have no idea what the pairings will be among the other players.

Here are a couple of lists I am considering to take to complement the list

List 1
HQ
Haemonculus; venom blade & Liquifier (joins Wyches)

Elite
5 Incubi w/ Dakka venom

Troops
10 Warriors; Splinter cannon, Shredder, flicker raider
9 Wyches; Hekatrix w/ Agoniser, 1x Shardnet, Raider

Fast Attack
3 Reavers w/ heat lance

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ DL & flicker

List 2
HQ
Archon: Huskblade & Soul trap, Shadowfield

Elites
4 Incubi in Dakka venom

Troops
10 warriors in flicker raider w/ shredder and splinter cannon
10 Wyches in flicker raider w/ 2x Shardnet & Hekatrix w/ agoniser

Heavy support
Ravager w/ flickerfield

Any comments?
I would generally reserve the Wyches unless I was going first so a flicker on their raider seems pretty superfluous, I'm not sure how useful the trio of bikes will be, but I didn't know what else to do with the 70 odd spare points in the haemy list.

I know the archon is expensive, but the ban on SC means there won't be much EW on the table so the Huskblade should really shine, onl the other hand I've been wanting to try the haemy with Wyches for a while and this seemed like a good opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeSun May 05 2013, 18:19

Just wondering if I can get some feedback on this guys as the Tournement is in a couple of weeks and I still need to paint a raider (and possibly buy a haemy)

If you have any suggestions for my Eldar partner too, that'd be much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeSun May 05 2013, 21:10

A couple of thoughts;

1. How do you plan to answer to fliers?

2. I would not field Incubi without a PGL with them.

3. What other models/units do you even have? We can make an infinite amount of suggestions, but without knowing what you could field it's hard to make any that are actually useful to you.

I like list #1 slightly better of the two.

Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 16:26

Ok, here's my current collection

Archon (Huskblade/soul trap, PGL)
Haemonculus (I decided I liked the model so much I'd buy him anyway)
Lelith Hesperax

10 warriors (shredder, sp cannon)
10 warriors (still on sprues)
10 Wyches (Shardnet, hydragauntlets, Hekatrix w/agoniser)
6 Reavers (2 heat lances)
10 Helions
2 Raiders w/ dark lances
1 Venom w/ dual cannons
1 Ravager with darklances
1 Razorwing w/ disintegrators

Buying power at the minute is pretty limited

Flyers will potentially be difficult I admit, although our club meta is pretty flyer-lite, there is a possibility we would face a storm raven, a couple of talons (in different lists) and *maybe* a helldrake. We could probably bring down the talons with weight of fire from the scatter laser vypers, but either of the two A12 flyers would be a big problem.

EDIT: no helldrake it seems, our resident CSM player is bringing his daemons instead

I could equip my archon with a PGL, but I'd have to strip quite a lot off to get the points for it.
Back to top Go down
XLIMil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 19:10

I too like the first list more than the second, but knowing that your meta is flyer light and that your team will have few answers to them shouldn't you take your flyer?

Something like:

[105] Archon w/ SF, Blaster

[161] Warriors (9) in Raider w/ Racks and NS

[125] Wyches (5) w/ HWG in Dual SC Venom

[156] Reavers (6) w/ 2 Heat Lances

[105] Ravager

[145] Razorwing

Total 797
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 20:36

XLIMil wrote:
I too like the first list more than the second, but knowing that your meta is flyer light and that your team will have few answers to them shouldn't you take your flyer?

Something like:

[105] Archon w/ SF, Blaster

[161] Warriors (9) in Raider w/ Racks and NS

[125] Wyches (5) w/ HWG in Dual SC Venom

[156] Reavers (6) w/ 2 Heat Lances

[105] Ravager

[145] Razorwing

Total 797

Part of the reason our club meta is flyer-lite is that most of the SM players are packing mortis contemptors and quad gun equipped aegis lines are also fairly common, bringing a Razorwing usually feels like giving away free points, esp without a flickerfield.

Considering the following amendment

Haemonculus
Venom blade & Liquifier gun

10 warriors (Shredder & Cannon) in raider w/ flicker
5 warriors w/ blaster in venom w/ dual cannons
9 Wyches w/ net & ago-trix, haywires in raider w/ flicker

4 Reavers w/ heat lance

Ravager w/ flicker

If you can squeeze the last two bikes in your a better man than me.
Back to top Go down
Drev
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 21:08

Given your flyer/AA meta I would skip the Razorwing, and with dissies it won't help against other flyers anyhow. You and your partner may need something with more teeth. You could take Lelith as a succubus. That would give you a little more CC punch without going overboard on points. Not the greatest solution but a little step.

In either case, I would drop the net on the wyches, maybe it would work for you but it is too situational for me and when I have tried it, it is just wasted. So if you don't replace that wych that gets you enough for one more reaver (10+2+10=22). Getting another would take a more wholesale changes.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 06:14

I really don't think you guys have enough AT combined [all you have is 1 Ravager, haywires, and whatever the vypers are logging around (hopefully just surri cannons... because anything else on them is a waste)] I really feel its lacking on his side tbh

As for the list, you don't have many points to play around with and get fancy with stuff like incubi and full wych squads. 800pts isn't much, and I think you should just focus on your basics (warriors, ravagers, venom/traiders). You cant go wrong with your basics.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion
Spiney Norman

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 22:41

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I really don't think you guys have enough AT combined [all you have is 1 Ravager, haywires, and whatever the vypers are logging around (hopefully just surri cannons... because anything else on them is a waste)] I really feel its lacking on his side tbh

As for the list, you don't have many points to play around with and get fancy with stuff like incubi and full wych squads. 800pts isn't much, and I think you should just focus on your basics (warriors, ravagers, venom/traiders). You cant go wrong with your basics.

We've done a little remodelling of both lists

Eldar
Farseer (guide)

6 Guardian Jetbikes, 2x shuricannon
5 Pathfinders

5 Fire Dragons
Falcon w/ shuriken cannon
3 Dark Reapers (exarch w/ crack shot, fast shot & tempest launcher)

Dark Eldar
Haemonculus w/ Liquifier gun & venom blade

10 Warriors; 1x Splinter cannon, 1x shredder in Raider
9 Warriors: 1x Blaster in Raider w/ flicker field & Shock prow
5 Wyches w/ haywire in venom w/ dual cannons

6 Reavers w/ 2x heat lances

Ravager w/ lances & flickerfield
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 08:52

very decent. I would suggest dropping guide for the primaris power from Divination. It has a 24" range instead of a 6" range. It works both in close combat and in range, and it can be cast on Dark Eldar units (it has been FAQed that CWE powers cant be used on DE units)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 800 pts for doubles Tournement   800 pts for doubles Tournement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

800 pts for doubles Tournement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: