THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dire Avengers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 00:58

So, I've been wondering about everyone's opinion on the current codex's Dire Avengers.

They look kinda solid, and are able to put out a good amount of dakka, but are they worth it in comparison to something like Kabalite Warriors? Or the 13 point Chaos Space Marine?

Are they only worth it with a dedicated farseer tagging along to provide Guide and Doom? Or as scoring "upgrades" to vehicles?

Slave

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 07:41

DA's with or without farseer support can provide a very solid amount of fire power up to 33 shots with Bladestorm 4+ isnt completly crap, and they seem to be still a threat after taking some losses.
Farseers can add a lot Divination, Presience for rerolls, perfect timing for ignores cover, and misfortune, a lot of stuff will dissappear.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 09:59

I use them often, and I've always found them worth the cost. Sure, Bladestorm makes them pretty much worthless in your next turn, but it has always cut apart the victim when I have used it - especially when the victim are doomed (guide, I am not as sure about if it is really as needed, with BS4, but if the 1ns and 2s seems to like you, then go ahead).

@lobos - I haven't tried the new psychic powers in the rule book, but perhaps I should? Do you think they are better than the Eldar psychic powers?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
lobos
Slave

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 12:47

Divination can be fantastic with the added bonus that powers can affect allied units, I would suggest that Misfortune is better than doom, Prescience is far better than guide i range and effect.

biggest problem with farseer DA combo is they die pretty quick when your opponent realizes what hey can do and 300 odd points can disappear.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 15:06

Have to say my first thought was "What on earth do you want more AP fire for?"

I've seen Dire Avengers do some incredible things its true, but incredible enough to make me want to include them? Not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 15:12

DA are solid troop choice from the Eldar Codex. I highly doubt DE lists need the AI that much to include some, but used properly, they can be killer.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dire Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dire Avengers   Dire Avengers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dire Avengers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES