THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point Tourney list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AvInNebr
Hellion

1500 point Tourney list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 16:43

Hi all. Hoping to get some feedback to be competitive and do the Dark Eldar proud in an upcoming tournament that is a little over a month away. Problem is I haven't played much and then only against SM so I wanted to get some thoughts and advice on the list I'm putting together. Here's what I have thus far...

HQ-
...Archon (145 pts) - Agoniser, Combat Drugs, PGL, Shadow Field ::: My choice of the Agoniser I'm not sure of. He will deply with the Incubi.
...Haemonculus (65 pts) - Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade ::: Will deploy with the wyches

Elites-
...Incubi (183 pts) - 3 plus a Klavex, Bloodstone in a Venom with second Splinter Cannon ::: I didn't take the Demiklaive (should I have?) and am thinking with the bloodstone being only S3 it may not be worth the points (but it is another template for before charges). I took the Klavex for challenges the Archon doesn't want to answer.
...Trueborn (173 pts) - 4 with blasters in a Venom with second Splinter Cannon :::

Troops-
...Warriors (170 pts) - 10, one with splinter cannon, in a Raider with DL and Splinter Racks :::
...Warriors (125 pts) - 5, one with a blaster, in a Venom with second Splinter Cannon :::
...Wyches (203 pts) - 9, one a hekatrix, with Haywire, PGL, Venom Blade, and one with Shardnet in a Raider with DL ::: thinking about dropping the shardnet and not taking a wych weapon

Heavy-
...Ravager (105 pts) - 3 DLs :::
...Ravager (105 pts) - 3 DLs ::: I actually only own one so would have to buy a second
...Razorwing (155 pts) - Disies, Flickerfield, and 4 Monoscythe ::: I didn't upgrade the splinter rifle as I figured I'd be firing the Disies and missiles a majority of the fight, however I'm considering taking that upgrade as well for when Missiles don't make sense

As it sits right now I've still got 71 points without any further changes to spend though not having bought night shields or flickerfields for any skimmers. As for models I have what is listed plus another 3 warriors, a talos, 5 hellions (not enough to make a difference), and 5 scourges. What suggestions would you have to the list above, both in terms of changes and where to spend the remainder of the points? What additions would you look to make if I were to add to my army beyond the one Ravager I want to purchase currently (with limited funds mind you Sad )?
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 20:34

First and quick impression: you are little light on troops. If I was your opponent, I would focus fire your troop transports, which will cause half of those squad's members to die when their ride explodes. The remaining squad members will be easy to mob up or pin down, denying you to ability to score.
Back to top Go down
AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 21:28

Mandor wrote:
First and quick impression: you are little light on troops. If I was your opponent, I would focus fire your troop transports, which will cause half of those squad's members to die when their ride explodes. The remaining squad members will be easy to mob up or pin down, denying you to ability to score.

Good points. Would another couple warrior squads perhaps 10 man with splinter cannons, be a good addition even without a ride ... and what would you recommend I give up to make that happen? What about two 5 man in venoms who wouldn't really ever embark on them but would sit back for "close" objectives? Would starting the troops outside of the transports change anything? (Addition of these things would require further purchases but part of my hopes with the feedback is making smart purchases for my money.)

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to more input.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 22:05

AvInNebr wrote:
Mandor wrote:

Good points. Would another couple warrior squads perhaps 10 man with splinter cannons, be a good addition even without a ride ... and what would you recommend I give up to make that happen? What about two 5 man in venoms who wouldn't really ever embark on them but would sit back for "close" objectives? Would starting the troops outside of the transports change anything? (Addition of these things would require further purchases but part of my hopes with the feedback is making smart purchases for my money.)

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to more input.
Yeah, I'd either add another 10 man warrior squad and an Aegis defense line with quadgun or go full MSU (5x 5 Wyches/Warriors in Venoms). I'd still start the units inside their transports, except for any warrior squad behind the Aegis (I would still buy them a Raider).

At 1500 points level, I'd drop the Archon and Incubi. They are relatively high point sink and a prime target. They will divert some fire from your troops, which is a good thing, but they are a very small unit with relatively high point costs.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 14:47

I would drop the haemie and wyches, and get two more squads of warrior (either venomspam variant (5 warriors w/ blaster in venom, or 10 man squads which you start in cover. Also since your razorwing is set up for AI, an ADL would suite you, although I dont like them... you might need that AA
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 14:59

I'd follow SRs advice, and drop the bloodstone to get demiklaive.

The demiklaive gives you more teeth for taking on MCs and low toughness mobs alike. And the Haemi, since you're not fielding any wracks, doesn't really bring much to your army as is.
Back to top Go down
AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 16:28

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I would drop the haemie and wyches, and get two more squads of warrior (either venomspam variant (5 warriors w/ blaster in venom, or 10 man squads which you start in cover. Also since your razorwing is set up for AI, an ADL would suite you, although I dont like them... you might need that AA

The wyches I was taking for more AT. I imagine that the two Ravagers along with the DLs on the raiders, along with the blasterborn, would suffice however?

I have the Razorwing in my list to combat other fliers a bit but considered a Talos. I also considered buying two Ravagers instead of 1 more but that's a costly investment, but not much more than an ADL and warriors I suppose. If I go with a ADL the Razorwing I could leave behind in favor of another Ravager or the Talos. If I went Ravager would it be better for the third to be DL or Dissies though? The Talos would be twin splinter cannon/twin liquifier/extra CCW I imagine...
Back to top Go down
AvInNebr
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 18:34

Looking into the ADL and it would run me 100 points. It would also allow me to swap the Razorwing with a Talos or Ravager and save a few points there. However is that swap out better than keeping the Razorwing and spending that 100 points on another 10 warriors with splinter cannon?

I'm working on another list without the wyches (and also entertaining a smaller wych squad in what was the 5 man warrior venom) that will get me more troops but thought I'd throw the above thought out there and see what people thought...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Tourney list   1500 point Tourney list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point Tourney list
Page 1 of 1