THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WFB High Elves - release on May 4

Go down 
+3
Sky Serpent
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

WFB High Elves - release on May 4 Empty
PostSubject: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 20:48

Yes, yes, I know. Everyone wants to know about the [alleged] Eldar release in June, but we still have one month in between now and then, so it's High Elves for May. Here is a quick summary of what can be found elsewhere so far:

Dakka
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/516829.page

Ulthuan and Plastic Krak are two places to go for further information, as it stands:
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44965
http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/high-elves-rumour-roundup.html

Advance orders April 27, release May 4. Codex author is Mat Ward.

Warhammer: High Elves Codex
Uniforms & Heraldry of the High Elves book
High Elves Flamespyre Phoenix/ Frostheart Phoenix
High Elves Lothern Skycutter
High Elves Shadow Warriors/Sisters of Avelorn
High Elves Loremaster of Hoeth
Repackaged High Elf Battalion
Alarielle the Radiant (New Finecast)
Handmaiden of the Everqueen (New Finecast)
High Elves Chracian Shields Upgrade Pack
High Elves Battalion
Warhammer Battle Magic: High Elves - Magic Cards

Please note - links to pics and pricing specifics have been removed in accordance with GW IP policies.

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Apr 29 2013, 22:46; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 20:57

Shocked Not a fan of the flying chariot, but everything else just drained my wallet in the very near future. The phoenix thingy...YES Twisted Evil

(Mat Ward writing the book...noooooot so much Evil or Very Mad )

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 21:19

I was interested in the Eagle Chariot as a possible basis for a mini-Raider for my DE, but I'm not so sure about that now.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 21:23

When I first heard of the Skycutter I immediately wondered if I could make a Venom out of it but now the answer is no.

I'm sure we can stick splinter rifles on the shadow warriors though...... Well I might.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 10:10

The phoenix seems nice, but I've never really been a fan of phoenixes made from other elements than fire... Though, I suppose I can paint the Frostheart in the colours of Articuno... Rolling Eyes

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 12:31

Matt Ward? Good that I've stopped playing WHFB some years ago (but still owning a small Dark Elves army).

Most of the release is not very interesting. But I will take a closer look at the phoenix, maybe one or two will have a place between my beast squads as base for a ravager conversion or something else.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 01:04

I must say, I quite like the Shadow Warriors kit - those capes with high collars and the spiffy helms basically scream "Oh please, oh please, give me a splinter rifle"! I hate that about new releases, they always get my conversion itch going again despite me already having several projects on the way...

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 14:15

They are up on GW's site now. The ShadowWarriors look amazing tho are a bit expensive. Probably because its a dual purpose kit. The heads for the Maiden Guard that you can construct from that box look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WFB High Elves - release on May 4   WFB High Elves - release on May 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WFB High Elves - release on May 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: