THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 point list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 22:22

So after losing most times, I've decided to try to make a list a 1000 points. Here it is:

HQ
Haemonculus: Agoniser, Hexrifle. 85pts x2

Troops
9 kabalites: blaster 96pts x2
Raider: Flickerfield, Splinter Racks 80pts x2

5 Wyches: HWG 60pts x2
Venom: Splinter Cannon 65pts x2

Heavy Support
Ravager: 3 dark lances, nightshield x2

Any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 22:41

Welcome to TDC. At 1k taking 2 hq's is usually not advised althoug in the right circumstances im sure theres a place for such things. However for your current investment you could get a really tooled out archon. Just something to consider.

Also hexrifles arent usually considered very good from what I gather although ive never actually tried one but putting combat upgrades like an agonizer in with shooty units like warriors isnt really worthwhile. Ive come to respect the humble venom blade and liquifiers are always good to have around.

If you do keep a haemie for your warlord consider taking some wracks for him to join. They are the most resilient troops we have come with liquifiers and along with a haemie will be rerolling their poisoned wounds at 3 attacks a piece when charging. Not bad.

Ive seen plenty of people use full kabalite squads with splinter wracks but personally I dont like feeling obligated to keep my troops inside transports to take advantage of upgrades, especially considering 6th editions explosion damage. I would consider reducing these guys and losing a haemie to make room for a large wrack squad in raider with acothyst- vb and a liquifier. Put the haemie here.

Thats what ive got.
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 22:45

Brom wrote:
Welcome to TDC. At 1k taking 2 hq's is usually not advised althoug in the right circumstances im sure theres a place for such things. However for your current investment you could get a really tooled out archon. Just something to consider.

Also hexrifles arent usually considered very good from what I gather although ive never actually tried one but putting combat upgrades like an agonizer in with shooty units like warriors isnt really worthwhile. Ive come to respect the humble venom blade and liquifiers are always good to have around.

If you do keep a haemie for your warlord consider taking some wracks for him to join. They are the most resilient troops we have come with liquifiers and along with a haemie will be rerolling their poisoned wounds at 3 attacks a piece. Not bad.

Ive seen plenty of people use full kabalite squads with splinter wracks but personally I dont like feeling obligated to keep my troops inside transports to take advantage of upgrades, especially considering 6th editions explosion damage.

Thats what ive got.
I do like the splinter racks because until the raider is gone you are able to reroll for only 10 points.

I was thinking about one Archon instead of the two haemies but I don't know where he would go, I usually use a lot of symmetry in my lists.
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 05:42

Would something like this be better?

HQ

Archon- Combat Drugs, HWG, PGL, Agoniser, Shadow Field: 150pts

Troops

8 Kabalite Warriors- Blaster, Dark Lance: 130pts
8 Kabalite Warriors- Blaster, Dark Lance: 130pts
8 Wyches- Hekatrix, Agoniser, HWG: 126pts (Archon goes with them)

2 Raiders- FF, Splinter Racks: 80pts (These are for the Kabalites)
Raider- FF: 70pts (This is for the wyches)

Heavy Support

Ravager- NS: 115pts

Total 996pts
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 06:26

The Warrior builds in your most recent army are non-legal. They can't field Lances at 8 man size.
Also, if you're paying for two upgrade weapons built around killing mech - why are you also paying for an upgrade (racks) focused on killing infantry. Picka role for your men, let them focus on that role.

At 1000 points I also really think in a competitive sense, you should be focusing on getting a large number of units on the board. For instance, here is something I would take as a 750 point force;

Haem w. Liquifier
Wracks in Venom
2x Blaster Warriors in Venom
1x Wyches w. v.blade Hek and HWGs in Raider
2x Ravager

Functionally, for 250 points less than your army, I have an army that is better at killing infantry, faster, and basically as good at killing mech units.
I also have one more scoring unit than you do.
250 points less.

That's why MSU is so useful for DE at low point values, because we're *very* good at being able to field a lot of fast and high damage outpout units for a very small price. When you consider what most Sphess Mahrines can field at 750, you can see why my army could be so devastating to them.

now, if you have a smaller collection and are trying to work up to 1000, you can still somewhat work with this. An immediate thought is buying up a 10 man squad of Warriors with 1 Dark Lance and dropping the splinter racks, and lances, and odd extra men from your two other Warrior squads. I'm not officially crunching the points here, but I bet it works out just fine, will cost less, will make your list legal, will give you an objective sitting/sniper unit, and will also give your opponent another headache to worry about - all while only needing you to find about 4 more Warrior models in your collection.

Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 17:48

Thor665 wrote:
The Warrior builds in your most recent army are non-legal. They can't field Lances at 8 man size.
Also, if you're paying for two upgrade weapons built around killing mech - why are you also paying for an upgrade (racks) focused on killing infantry. Picka role for your men, let them focus on that role.

At 1000 points I also really think in a competitive sense, you should be focusing on getting a large number of units on the board. For instance, here is something I would take as a 750 point force;

Haem w. Liquifier
Wracks in Venom
2x Blaster Warriors in Venom
1x Wyches w. v.blade Hek and HWGs in Raider
2x Ravager

Functionally, for 250 points less than your army, I have an army that is better at killing infantry, faster, and basically as good at killing mech units.
I also have one more scoring unit than you do.
250 points less.

That's why MSU is so useful for DE at low point values, because we're *very* good at being able to field a lot of fast and high damage outpout units for a very small price. When you consider what most Sphess Mahrines can field at 750, you can see why my army could be so devastating to them.

now, if you have a smaller collection and are trying to work up to 1000, you can still somewhat work with this. An immediate thought is buying up a 10 man squad of Warriors with 1 Dark Lance and dropping the splinter racks, and lances, and odd extra men from your two other Warrior squads. I'm not officially crunching the points here, but I bet it works out just fine, will cost less, will make your list legal, will give you an objective sitting/sniper unit, and will also give your opponent another headache to worry about - all while only needing you to find about 4 more Warrior models in your collection.

I do like that list more but, what would you recommend with the 250 extra points?
Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 18:08

Maybe more like this?

HQ

Haemonculus- Liquifier: 60pts

Troops

5 Kabalites- Blaster: 69pts
4 Wracks: 40pts
10 Wyches- Hekatrix, Venom Blade, HWG: 135pts

Venom- Splinter Cannon: 65pts
Raider- FF: 70pts

Fast Attack

5 Scourges- 2 Splinter Cannons: 130pts

Heavy Support

Total: 998pts
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 18:47

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
I do like that list more but, what would you recommend with the 250 extra points?
What do you want the list to do?
I, personally, don't like building lists for people. I like helping them understand what they're choosing when they build a list for themselves.
--------------------

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
Maybe more like this?

HQ

Haemonculus- Liquifier: 60pts
I like this.

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
4 Wracks: 40pts
10 Wyches- Hekatrix, Venom Blade, HWG: 135pts
This is okay, but means the Haem will be riding with the Wracks...who don't really need or want him. I'd probably drop a Wych, slip the Haem in there to give them FNP. Have them assault from the boat and he can stay in it and flame things.
Also, a PGL on the Hekatrix wouldn't hurt - Wyches are not fans of overwatch.

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
5 Scourges- 2 Splinter Cannons: 130pts
I will note - you have an open Troop slot.
Look at the cost of 5 Warriors w. Blaster in a Venom.
Then look at the cost of this unit.
What is this unit gaining you that it is worth not being a scoring unit?

Gamur_Tagz wrote:
At 1,000 I usually field three Ravagers, but it does depend on what you face. If you see a lot of mech (I do) take a Ravager, if not, stick with the anti-infantry you did take.

Back to top Go down
Gamur_Tagz
Hellion

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 19:12

So drop the scourges and maybe add a blob of 20 kabalites to sit and hold a closer objective?

Also would bumping the wracks up to 5 since the haemonculus goes with the wyches be better? That way they will have a liquifier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000 point list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 point list   1000 point list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 point list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-