THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Engines of Agony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

Engines of Agony Empty
PostSubject: Engines of Agony   Engines of Agony I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 21:06

So a good long time ago I added one of the below to thread relating to such things, however in that time the thread has become inactive and rather than commit the sin of necro-thread-mancy I thought I would instead create a new one where I could also list my second addition to the additional engines - and if I continue making them any others. Suffice to say I have a slightly larger engine planned in the indeterminate future....

Minos Control Engine 115pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 3 5 7 3 4 3 10 3+

Unit Type: Monstrous Creature
Wargear: Armoured carapace, close combat weapon

Control Hooks - Whenever the Control Engine slays a model in Assault, do not remove the model, instead add the model to the Control Engine's unit treating it as a Hook Thrall as below. A single Minos may only control a maximum of 5 Hook Thralls at any time.

Hook Thrall
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
2 1 3 2 1 1 1 - 6+
Unit Type: Infantry

Weapons: Due to the incomplete muscular control the Control Engine has over its Hook Thralls a Hook Thrall always counts as having a single close combat weapon

Meat Shield: Any Hook Thralls join the Minos' unit and cannot separate from it. Additionally the Minos cannot be targeted individually from Hook Thralls by shooting via Precision shots, and all wounds targeting the unit must first be allocated to all available Hook Thralls.

Special Rules: As Cronos

Upgrades:
Mindphase Generator - All models wishing to attack a Control Engine must pass a Ld test. If failed the model has succumbed to the pervasive neural disruption caused by the generator and may not make any attacks in that Assault phase.
15pts

Horrorfex - A Control Engine with a Horrorfex is a nightmarish foe indeed. Able to fire grenades made containing the essence of tortured souls the agony and fear is released forming a palpable miasma. This is a shooting weapon with the following profile.
Rng Str Ap Type
18" - - Assault, Blast
Any unit hit by a Horrorfex must make a Ld test on 2d6 with it taking a penalty to its Ld equal to the number of models hit by the template. A unit that fails must immediately go to ground, whilst a unit that passes is unaffected.
30pts

----

Moros Assassin Engine 90pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
6 - 6 4 2 6 2 10 5+

Unit Type: Beast
Wargear: Flexible carapace, Power blades.
Rng Str Ap Type
Power Blades - User 3 Melee, +1 Attack

Special Rules: Night Vision, Power From Pain

Clockwork Killer: The Moros is created for one purpose, to hunt down and slay specific individuals. To that end one Master Haemonculus per 2000pts of your army may purchase a single Assassin Engine as one of his pieces of Arcane Wargear. At the beginning of each game designate one enemy HQ choice to be its target. The Moros engine gains Preferred Enemy against that foe. A Moros can never hold objectives however it can act as a denial unit.

Venom Reservoir: In order to better slay its designated target the Moros carries reservoirs filled with custom toxins, paralytic agents, monomolecular acids and other compounds designed for their purpose by Haemonculi. These agents coat the power blades of the construct and thus mean that unsaved wounds from the Moros cause the enemy to be affected by the Soul Blaze special rule.

Further to this once per game the Moros may empty its reservoirs into a target. Declare it is doing this before your target rolls any armour saves, if the target suffers any unsaved wounds any Soul Blaze hits count as AP 2. After using this ability none of the Moros' attacks causes Soul Blaze on any targets as its venom reserves are expended.

Webway Assault: ? Currently under construction the possibility is some form of randomised table operating similar to that seen in my custom scenario for the Templar & The Alien part 2- suffice to say assaulting out of Reserve seems less unreasonably once one has looked at other units that can do it.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down

Engines of Agony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development