THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Farseer??

Go down 
+2
Sky Serpent
Darkydarkdark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkydarkdark
Slave

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 21:50

Hello all. Not sure if this has been posted before. Just wondering if anyone has used an Ally detachment of Eldar (Farseer + ?) and how did it work for you. Not only does the mini look awesome but I think it will have really good synergy with a DE force. Fortune, Doom, Guide... Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 22:04

Moving this to Mercenaries and Allies, please have a look at where you're posting before you start threads Smile

Guide and Fortune don't work on Dark Eldar unfortunately but Prescience does - a lot of people tend to run a Farseer in a Beaststar but most pay the extra points for Eldrad.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30 2013, 17:22

I use the farseer quite often. His Runes alone can almost be worth the points depending on your opponent. I like doing the farseer on a jetbike deployed with my reavers (or with the eldar jetbikes), but that has a lot to do with my opponent. (he plays grey knights and takes a TON of incinerators, so my fancy pants cover saves where in cover don't help my beast unit one iota, plus the strength 6 flamer drops razorwing flocks like flies).
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 03:03

Farseers work great with DE, especially when you've made a significant points investment in your Eldar. They are a force multiplier, and even a simple combo of Fortune and Doom make a blade storming Dire Avenger unit (transported via waveserpent) a very resilient unit, with a heap of dead;y high volume, high accuracy shots that also counts as scoring. You'd be surprised just what a difference 4+ re-rollable saves can mean to a Dark Eldar army, especially when that unit is being brought around in a trusty wave serpent.

Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 15:11

If you really want the Farseer to help your Dark Eldar, use rulebook powers.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 15:27

wanderingblade wrote:
If you really want the Farseer to help your Dark Eldar, use rulebook powers.

This. Prescience is a wonderful thing when used on Ravagers. Even more so if combined with Perfect Timing!

Sponsored content

Farseer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farseer??   Farseer?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farseer??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: