THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fixing Drahzar

Go down 
+11
Shadows Revenge
highzander
Massaen
a1elbow
Anggul
Rangrok1k
Todo13
Saintspirit
Radium
Local_Ork
Jack Russel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixing Drahzar   Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 21:12

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Anggul wrote:
It would be better if phoenix lords (including Drazhar) just made one squad of their 'disciples' scoring. Asurmen would have something else obviously.

It seems fine for the CE phoenix lords, but Drazhar isn't a leader, he's a silent killing machine. Giving him support abilities doesn't fit his fluff. The only fitting fixes I can see would be to drop his cost, increase his combat abilities to match his current price tag (which would certainly require an invulnerable save of some sort) or both. Since the idea of our pheonix lord not being superior in every way to the craftworld eldar ones is simply absurd, I'd pick the second option. Besides, if every IG Company Commander can get their hands on a 5+ invulnerable save, I'd say the Master of Blades should be able to get one too.

Drazhar needed to be better because we want the Phoenix Lords to be better. Hopefully they will be anyway, but either way it's a shame for Drazhar. As for your comment on him being better than all of the others, that's not true. They should all have WS8, I8, 5A, 4+ invulnerable save. Battle fate would give Asurmen a 3+ invulnerable. Before anyone says that would be overpowered, take a nice long look at Lysander. He's 200pts. The Phoenix lords are that at the cheapest, and are grossly over-costed for what they can do.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Slave
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Fixing Drahzar   Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14 2011, 23:08

Anggul wrote:
Drazhar needed to be better because we want the Phoenix Lords to be better. Hopefully they will be anyway, but either way it's a shame for Drazhar. As for your comment on him being better than all of the others, that's not true. They should all have WS8, I8, 5A, 4+ invulnerable save. Battle fate would give Asurmen a 3+ invulnerable. Before anyone says that would be overpowered, take a nice long look at Lysander. He's 200pts. The Phoenix lords are that at the cheapest, and are grossly over-costed for what they can do.

I agree that CE phoenix lords should be better than they are now, I wasn't being entirely serious when I said that Drazhar should be superior to them. Razz It is a bit disappointing that GW decided to keep Drazhar (and harlequins, for that matter) as equals to the CE versions, since it indicates that either they consider the phoenix lords appropriately costed or that they know they're overpriced but are keeping them like that for the sake of tradition.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Fixing Drahzar   Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 17:34

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Anggul wrote:

I agree that CE phoenix lords should be better than they are now, I wasn't being entirely serious when I said that Drazhar should be superior to them. Razz It is a bit disappointing that GW decided to keep Drazhar (and harlequins, for that matter) as equals to the CE versions, since it indicates that either they consider the phoenix lords appropriately costed or that they know they're overpriced but are keeping them like that for the sake of tradition.

Indeed, especially on the Harlequins. I think all of us Craftworld players were looking to the Dark Eldar codex as a sign of salvation for the Lords and the Clowns, but alas it was not to be, now we wait with bated breath for the next Eldar codex to see what happens.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Yadahr of the Stolen Star
Hellion
Yadahr of the Stolen Star

PostSubject: Re: Fixing Drahzar   Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 15:35

as someone who likes to spam Incubi, i thoroughly agree. he should make atleast one incubus squad either a troop choice not take any choice at all.

PostSubject: Re: Fixing Drahzar   Fixing Drahzar - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing Drahzar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2