THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to do with scourges??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

What to do with scourges?? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 17:31

Hey guys
I know in 5th edition scourges were key due to their glancing effects... But in 6th they are just blah... So I was wondering doing anyone play with them outside tournament settings and if so how?? I got 20 of them brw
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 18:03

Well, Glancing hits are even MORE important in 6th ed. (three glancing hits blows up most vehicles). So if you have even 10 scourges with 4 haywire that will drop most tanks.

That said, they are a lot of points for what you get (which is why most have stopped using them).

I tried them in my most recent game as i went for a list without any vehicles just to see how i fared, and i actually was pleased with them.

I don't know that i could ever see myself going with 20 though. That is a LOT of scourges! Must look sweeeeet on the battlefield though!
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 18:58

Yeaa I had 10 of them before one of my friends in my local store gave up on DE due to their fragileness. I been experimenting with these guys but the only opinions I been giving them now is 10 with either shedders or SC..
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 19:44

Archon_Demetrious wrote:
Yeaa I had 10 of them before one of my friends in my local store gave up on DE due to their fragileness. I been experimenting with these guys but the only opinions I been giving them now is 10 with either shedders or SC..

I've often thought about trying that too. Not so much shredders, as i view that largely as a useless weapon as compared to splinter cannons
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 19:45

Very good models, its just really hard to place them.
All they really offer is haywire blasters, but at 65pts each, its a pricey way to get them

sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 22:42

Man... 20 Scourges. Putting that into a list would be really, really weird.

My experience with them has been that they do alright as a versatile shooty unit that likes to hide in the rear. A while back someone mentioned using them as an aggressive front line squad and I like the sound of it. Arriving out of nowhere and blowing a unit away with shredders sounds pretty nifty.

On a side note, how do they compare to gargoyles? Ya know, those shooty nids with wings that tend to see more play than scourges?

Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 01:33

Yeah, I'm going to do a list with less troops and more scourges and how well it works out for me lol

Please use the English language to the best of your ability. Cheers - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with scourges??   What to do with scourges?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with scourges??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: