THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

new 1750 list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 04:36

Succubus w/ venom blade -65
Succubus w/ venom blade -65

9 wyches w/ HWG w/ hekatrix w/ PGL & VB in raider w/ sails- 198

6 reavers w/ 2 HLs- 156
6 reavers w/ 2 HLs- 156
5 beastmasters w/ 10 khyermae & 6 flocks

talos pain engine w/ TL liquifier and TL heat lance - 115
talos pain engine w/ TL liquifier and TL heat lance - 115
voidraven bomber w/ implosion missile, NS & FF- 205

attempting to create a new list...pretty self explanatory Smile lemme know watcha think about it.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 05:39

May I ask why do you have 2 succubus I think you only need 1. I am also worried that you have little to no ranged anti infantry. Your void raven only needs a flicker field, and you don't have enough scoring units. This will make it very difficult to claim objectives late game.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 07:30

Wyches are super frail in close combat and having the 5 attacks on the charges means the unit will actually take out something. This list isn't made for holding objectives Surprised Ideally the reavers and wyches would be able to contest any objectives my opponent was holding towards the end of the game. Yea I know its lacking long range I just realllllly hate the ravager models and kind of refuse to buy them haha.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 08:00

What kind of feedback are you looking for? Competitive, fun? Semi-competitive?

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 08:30

The heatlances on a talos are a trap. Thet only have a 75% chance of hitting and need to be within 9" to be effective, even if they get a penetrating hit they only have a 50% chance of making the vehicle explode. When your within 9" you might as well start trying to charge with your talos. The heatlances in melta range have a 0.2175 chance to hit, pen and explode a vehicle against AV12-14. A talos has a 0.27 chance of making a 9" charge, giving you free movement and a potential tank kill (A auto hit S7 impact hit, and an average of three S10 AP2 re-roll to penetrate smash attacks, against the AV10 rear armour of a vehicle have a good chance of destroying it).

Hardly worth the cost when you consider you are sacrificing the splinter cannons, which is the easiest way to get pain tokens onto a talos, and makes them a more versatile unit overall.

Heatlances on the talos give you the illusion of having more ranged AT, when in reality they hardly make a difference.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 19:19

This is meant to be a fun/ semi competitive list. Smile

Thanks for the info on the lances Mush. I'll get rid of them for the cannons.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 19:42

I dig this list especially the FA but HS and HQ too. I would consider a couple haemies for the wyches though in place of a succubus and with pts saved from above suggestions.

Have you fielded that beast pack yet? I'm gearing up to use a similar pack although with only 2 flocks so id be interested in how it does. I was initially on the all-flock plan but putting night Shields on my all my skimmers messes with their survivability. Anyway not trying to derail just curious.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 00:04

Adding in some haemonculi is a good idea. Getting some pain tokens early on would definitely made them survive longer. I haven't fielded the beasts yet. I am wanted to buy the models first, but it is a slow process. They are so pricey yet so awesome! I'll probably play a test game with proxies this week to see how the ten khyermae do. How do NS mess up the flocks?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 06:14

I picked up 4x3 of the prepainted confrontation hounds for 36 bucks total and they work great..scorpion faction iirc but I'll look em up later when not on my phone. Just an idea for alternatives..

I'm still testing beast pack builds tbh but the reason is night shields can cause the beasts to be the only target thus eating anti tank fire causing ID wounds. In theory going heavy on khymera with a few flocks for ablatives against anti infantry should ease the impact but I haven't tried it yet.
The alternative is to just lose the NS but I don't want to do that just yet. Not all units can always draw LoS to the beasts at once as the only non shielded target and I like how NS compound early pressure into completely one sided opening turns at times. They just seems to promote the early lead and many of my opponents are mostly mid range barring a few units (talking crons, orks, wolves, nids, gk, ba).

Downside to khymera is opposing AT doesnt have much incentive to shoot the beasts though, which is what I want as opposed to my ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new 1750 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new 1750 list    new 1750 list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new 1750 list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-