THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Worst combinations

Go down 
+7
MongooseDog
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Erebus
Shadows Revenge
Azdrubael
Mngwa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

The Worst combinations Empty
PostSubject: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 14:10

So. You have an archon you are thinking of giving some equipment. And you are pondering what will be the best combinations of different weapons.
Here, I want to ask what are the worst!
Just tell what two or more gear are the most inefficient/stupid together, an example why, and whether or not you have personal experience in this. The gear can be something available to any model, from dracons to acothysts, archons to succubi. We could even go theoretical and have an archon with something the rules dont allow?

Well, I will start by telling that dont give an archon both a soultrap and a djinn blade... if you ever get to use the soultrap and double your strength, the djinn blade becomes extremely dangerous to you since it can now give you instant death with your great S6 should you roll doubles Evil or Very Mad
And no. This has never happened to me, but I have never paired an archon with neither of these equipment anyway.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 14:30

Quote :
Well, I will start by telling that dont give an archon both a soultrap and a djinn blade... if you ever get to use the soultrap and double your strength, the djinn blade becomes extremely dangerous to you since it can now give you instant death with your great S6 should you roll doubles
And no. This has never happened to me, but I have never paired an archon with neither of these equipment anyway.

You can however have a clone field to soak those suicidal hits. So its not that stupid, just very high risk and high reward thing. Get a combat drugs for him and have some Grotesques to accompany such an arhon - and we might be closing on old skin-your-face-and-feed-it-to-you archon.

Stupid things are double electrocorrosive whips/agonisers. I saw this, and the reason for them was - it looks incredible! It doesnt add anything its just spending points for cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 15:44

Mngwa wrote:
Well, I will start by telling that dont give an archon both a soultrap and a djinn blade... if you ever get to use the soultrap and double your strength, the djinn blade becomes extremely dangerous to you since it can now give you instant death with your great S6 should you roll doubles Evil or Very Mad

I have actually seen this... and it was HILARIOUS!!! Some guy was telling me it was the way to go, and in the game he used it for the first time... IDed himself right off the bat.

Yah Ill go with Az and say double anything... Although double blast pistols does sound awesome *que the pew pew noises*

I have seen someone replace both CCW and Pistol for just 1 item... which is stupid.

A succubus with a wych weapon...

Mandrakes...

A Sybarite with any CCW... or a Sybarite in general...

CC Trueborn... you know what, scratch that... that unit is actually fun if you arent playing for realzies...

An Haemie Ancient without any close combat weapons (why pay for the extra stats???)

Well thats about all I can think of now... oh wait... An Arena Champ with a CCW... because who does that!!!! *cough* *cough* Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 15:57

Azdrubael wrote:

Stupid things are double electrocorrosive whips/agonisers. I saw this, and the reason for them was - it looks incredible!

I can only assume this player was Whiplash.

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 16:56

Ive had urien mindshackled and punch himself in the face with his gauntlet, and inska killed himself. Thats pretty bad!

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 19:36

Shadows Revenge wrote:
Well thats about all I can think of now... oh wait... An Arena Champ with a CCW... because who does that!!!! *cough* *cough* Razz

I will leap here in ahead of *cough* *cough* and simply state that this is by no means a 'worst combination', not even close (but maybe that's why I'm not in the running for Best Strategist this year).

Skulnbonz wrote:
Ive had urien mindshackled and punch himself in the face with his gauntlet, and inska killed himself. Thats pretty bad!

That's pretty funny. Not really a combination you had any control over, but definitely an "Aw, crap!" moment.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 05:02

Worst combo has to be DE fielded by a marine player.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 16:47

Gobsmakked wrote:
Shadows Revenge wrote:

I will leap here in ahead of *cough* *cough* and simply state that this is by no means a 'worst combination', not even close (but maybe that's why I'm not in the running for Best Strategist this year).

Skulnbonz wrote:

That's pretty funny. Not really a combination you had any control over, but definitely an "Aw, crap!" moment.

dont think the CCW on the arena champ is too bad an option, between rapid fire, drugs and multiple attacks, they make for a reasonable clean-up squad. a venom blade makes the arena champ massively more capable in CC for very small points upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 17:41

MongooseDog wrote:
Worst combo has to be DE fielded by a marine player.
I second this for the thought behind it.

The number of lists I've seen where I've said 'you look like a Marine player building a DE list' and had the other guy go 'yeah, I mostly play Marines' are countless.

Also, wouldn't the worst gear loadout on an Archon be a Court Wink

Webway portal+anything would have to rank up there though for the Archon.

Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 03:03

Taking a Huskblade without a Soultrap or Combat Drugs sounds pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 08:59

The very bad combos I still see beginners and some nonbeginners make:
Put a poison blade on an archon. At the best least you put some type of power weapon on an archon, but 2 best weapons everybody agrees on are: agoniser or Huskblade (+ obvious wargear)

BTW huskblade + soultrap + combat drugs is advised when you use a huskblade, just makes 100% sence.

I find the whip and the djinn blade wasted codex entries, they're no special or effective enough for people wanting to take them. GW really messed up, they're no special enough to be taken. Either you boosted them, or you gave them to certain units either very cheap or as basic wargear. Clearly when making the codex, Phil kelly messed up points of various weapons and upgrades.

BTW I the huskblade archon is my favorite, sometimes you do manage to double his S and he becomes truly desvastating then.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 09:25

Gobsmakked wrote:
dont think the CCW on the arena champ is too bad an option, between rapid fire, drugs and multiple attacks, they make for a reasonable clean-up squad. a venom blade makes the arena champ massively more capable in CC for very small points upgrade.

It was a joke. I was poking fun at Mushkilla and his 9 man reaver unit. If you are already paying that many points for an effective unit, the extra leadership and combat output is really needed to get the most out of them.

Khain mor wrote:
The very bad combos I still see beginners and some nonbeginners make:
Put a poison blade on an archon. At the best least you put some type of power weapon on an archon, but 2 best weapons everybody agrees on are: agoniser or Huskblade (+ obvious wargear)

I will disagree with you sometimes here. Now the venom blade is a great way to increase damage output for dirt cheap. In small point games I have no problem seeing an archon with a venom blade. His job is to slow things up with a 2++ and get some damge in while doing it. In higher points games yes, I agree. Although there is a decent argument that a huskblade/ST archon would benefit from a venom blade to get that first kill against an MC instead of relying on 6s to wound... but that is almost personal preference at that point.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst combinations   The Worst combinations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Worst combinations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: