THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xacatecas
Slave

Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 16:21

Hi all,

I will be playing some tournament prep games with a friend, so no a holds barred kind of thing. I'm going to be playing Eldar/Dark Eldar but unfortunately I have a limited supply of the new Dark Eldar units. We're really testing his list rather than mine, so I'm trying to be as horrible as possible and I wanted some thoughts.

So without further ado, here is the list I'll be facing:

Warboss
Powerklaw
Boss pole

5 Nobs
5 Combi - Skorcha

Battlewagon
Death Roller
Extra Armour
Big Shoota

17 Boys
Nob
Boss pole

Battlewagon
Death Roller
Extra Armour
Big Shoota

Sorceror
Burning Brand

5 Chaos Marines
Mark of Nurgle 75
Rhino

10 cultists

Helldrake

Helldrake

Aegis
Comms

Predator
sponson
Lascannon

Vindicator

So essentially its fast, aggressive with a lot of anti unit firepower with the 2 frikking helldrakes. My thoughts are that I essentially want to play 'No touch' being even faster and kiting his units where I can. To this end I have to kill his fliers and leave his Orks on foot as soon as possible.

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Shadowfield

5 Warriors
Blaster

Venom
+Cannon

5 Warriors
Blaster

Venom 65
+Cannon

4 Trueborn
4 Blasters

Venom
+Cannon

Razorwing
4 Monoscythe

Razorwing
4 Monoscythe

Fuegan

Defence line
Quad gun

10 Avengers
Exarch
Bladestorm

Wave Serpent
Cannon

Wraithlord
Wraithsword
Scatterlaser

My idea is that I hide Fuegan in the aegis with the Archon and Wraithlord. Fuegan has a decent chance to actually down a hell-drake on the turn it arrives, or to prevent the predator from shutting down my transports. I can use my highly mobile troops to attempt to snatch an objective on the last turns with an overwhelming amount of firepower.

My main worries are to shut down the predator and hell-drakes which is why I have so many points tied up in razorwings and the defense line.

Any C&C would be much appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 07:42

I don't think the aegis and quad gun with feugen are worth the investment that you're forced to put into it. It's only played as a 4+ cover save, which you can get from basically every generic terrain piece in the game. You're also not going to benefit from it much in the manner that you're using it, as Fuegen already has a better save.

I'd drop Fuegen in exchange for a min-sixzed group of fire dragons w/exarch, tank hunter, and crack shot. The FD exarch will be just as effective on the quad gun since the gun is twin-linked already. You'll also have 2 more wounds on the squad than on fuegan, and save yourself 93 points.

I'd also exchange the avenger squad/wave serpent out for a min-sized squad of guardian jetbikes(kept in reserve) to use for capping points if they manage to survive. This is another 171 points saved. That makes a total of 264 points.

For 210 of that, you can throw Eldrad into the fire dragon squad to give them fortune, and have a powerful psyker with psychic defense against his sorcerer for your entire army. Or you could take a regular farseer with just spirit stones, runes of warding/witnessing, doom, and fortune for 155 points. I'd take the second option, as that would give you everything eldrad does, sans 1 psychic power, and leave you with 109 points. Just enough to field a ravager for 3 additional dark lance shots.

Back to top Go down
Xacatecas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 13:44

Thanks for the comment - my thoughts were that Feugan has FNP and t4, which I would think makes him much more valuable against the helldrakes i.e he gets a few turns of shooting before dying (assuming the quadgun lives)

I certainly do like the idea of the Ravager and perhaps getting voidravens for s9 - that one point makes a huge difference on tanks. At that point I might as well drop the idea of using an archon/feugan/wraithlord tagteam to kill off his nobs/orks on an objective and swap them out for some scatterlaser warwalkers + farseer.

I've not looked at the points here exactly but:

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Shadowfield

5 Warriors
Blaster

Venom
+Cannon

5 Warriors
Blaster

Venom 65
+Cannon

4 Trueborn
4 Blasters

Venom
+Cannon

Voidraven

Voidraven

Ravager

Farseer

3 Jet Bikes

3 warwalkers
Scatterlasers

Any points left over can go towards more jetbikes and perhaps vipers
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 05:32

Xacatecas wrote:
my thoughts were that Feugan has FNP and t4, which I would think makes him much more valuable against the helldrakes i.e he gets a few turns of shooting before dying (assuming the quadgun lives)

I like that second list better, though I'd like to see what the points are.

Remember that with intercept, you get to attack before his helldrakes do on the turn they arrive(except for vector strike). Fire Dragon Exarch on a quad gun gets 3.67 hits on anything per round. With tank hunter, thats 2.44 glances/penetrations at 48". If he vector strikes your fire dragons as soon as he arrives, he's going to be opening himself up to attacks against his AV10 rear armor, and likely other fusion gun shots from any remaining members of the squad, along with the farseers singing spear, if you bought it(3 points). That equals a dead hell turkey.

With the AP of vector strike, you'd be relying on the 4+ cover save and fortune to keep your squad alive against vector strike, so arrange your ADL in the circular formation to get the save from all directions. The most he could do would be 4(2.5 average) wounds per vector, which you can then lower to 1(0.63) with saves, on average.

Fire dragons on the quad gun are dangerous, and he won't be able to kill them with the helldrakes on the turn that they arrive, without opening himself up to immediately losing his helldrake.

You'll also get a free turn of using them at the start of the game, prior to any helldrakes being able to arrive from reserve. With fortune and doom, I expect that you'll be able to put a lot of hurt on his army.

All of this is dependant, of course, on you offering proper support to your ADL, and keeping the rest of his army from attacking it on the ground as best you can.

Sorry for the wall of text. Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Xacatecas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 09:14

I'm far more worried about baleflamers! Though vector striking my flimsy transports is another worry. S6 Ap3 anywhere within 12inches puts him right in range from turn 1. Really dunno whose bright idea that was....

His army has to come to me to my objectives, he has one unit which can hurt the wraithlord in combat - the warboss who can be challenged by the archon/eldrad fortune/doom tagteam I can use my troops to dodge his orks and go hunt down everything in his deployment zone

Hopefully I can trick him to focus on the aegis and ignore the wraithlord and have the bombers take on his fliers. I really would like to find some more points for the ravager, but the whole plan is to tarpit his orks vs things he can't kill and the deal with his tanks separately.

Here's a revised list at 1502. in theory I could get a normal farseer, drop 1 bike squad, reduce the voidravens back to razorwings and get a ravager. I'd really like to keep Eldrad though just to encourage the foolish assault. Any other idea where to pick up 50 ish points?

Archon
Agoniser

Shadowfield

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom
Cannon

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom
Cannon

4 Trueborn
4 Blasters
Venom
Cannon

Voidraven

Voidraven

Eldrad

Defence line
Quad gun
3x Jetbikes
3x Jetbikes

5 Dragons
Crack shot
Exarch

Wraithlord
Wraithsword
Scatterlaser
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 02:22

I'd drop the second jetbike squad. The first one was only taken because you're compelled to purchase a troop slot for your allied detachment, and it's the cheapest one available. It's not particularly effective in combat, which is why I recommended keeping it in reserve and trying to just use it to cap an objective at the end of the game if it survived. That clears up 66 points.

I'd also like to point out that your fire dragon exarch doesn't have tank hunter, which he really should if he's manning the quad gun. This let's him reroll to hit(twin-linked) on 2+(5BS), and reroll failed armor penetration rolls(tank hunter). Crack shot does allow you to reroll vs. non-vehicles with the quad gun, but that really shouldn't be your primary target with the quad, if there are any vehicles to shoot at.

You also don't really have a good unit for your archon to join in this list. The blasterborn don't really synergize with your current archon build. Same price; you could drop the agonizer and give him a blaster and venom blade.

You don't want your current archon charging. If he's alone, he'll probably die, and if you charge with the trueborn, you're wasting 60 points of ranged weapons on a unit you're charging with. I'd either swap his weapons to match with the trueborn, or swap out the trueborn for something fighty.

Could get 4 incubi for 88 if you wanted a CC archon. This would leave you 20 more points to upgrade your archon with a PGL so that the incubi unit has assault/defensive grenades.
Back to top Go down
Xacatecas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 11:34

Thanks for the one about the fire dragon. I paid the points and noted down the wrong skill!

The Archon will join Eldrad and the wraithlord. Doom + agoniser funtimes!

I think the next and final list will look like this, thank you very much for your help!

Archon
Agoniser
Shadowfield

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom
Cannon

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom
Cannon

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom
Cannon
Voidraven

Voidraven

Ravager
FlickerField
Nightshield

Eldrad

Defence line
Quad gun
3x Jetbikes

5 Dragons
Tank hunters
Exarch

Wraithlord
Wraithsword
Scatterlaser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500   Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar+Dark Eldar Vs Chaos+Orks 1500
Page 1 of 1