THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oneironaut
Slave

Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? Empty
PostSubject: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 02:24

I'm not a big fan of the fact that Trueborn and Bloodbrides have the same survivability as their troop counterparts. In my opinion, Trueborn should be 16 to 18 points each and should have ghostplate armor, and Bloodbrides should be 20 to 22 points each and should have Lelith's 4+/3+ invulnerable save. I feel like it would add a whole new dimension to these units (especially Bloodbrides), and allow you to focus a competitive list around multiple large squads of them. Just a fantasy, but still; thoughts?
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 05:43

I think the trueborn should have had more options, like ghostplate, combat drugs, swappng ccw for poisoned, and melee weapon options with the blaster/shredder list (like take 4 aponisers instead of blasters). Then they could be converted to fit diffrent roles depending on taste, they should have the resources to acquire the stuff by the background. they could be used as they are now, as kabilite close combat unit, or super elite/expensive point sinks that do both at 30+pts a model (not competitive, but could be cool conversions). The dracon should have been ws 5 bs 5 and 2w also imho, like a lesser archon (they were a hq in old codex).

The succubus has the same dodge save, so it wouldn't be consistent to improve the blood brides to be better then succubus. Maybe a option to sacrifice slaves before battle to start with a pain token for x-points, maybe have option for succubus to gain one for x-points also (to represent leading the pre-battle sacrifice). It mentions killing slaves before battle in the codex.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 20:58

I agree that Trueborn should be able to have Ghostplate, but I think what would fix Bloodbrides fluff-wise is to have all Hekatrix (Including Wych squad leaders) at WS5, and the Syren at WS6.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 14:21

Anggul wrote:
I agree that Trueborn should be able to have Ghostplate, but I think what would fix Bloodbrides fluff-wise is to have all Hekatrix (Including Wych squad leaders) at WS5, and the Syren at WS6.

I agree, in what way does it make sense that a heavily
Trained arena fight has the same weapon skill as an ork boy?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 14:52

One thing - some options like armour should be "all or none", just for sake of enemy sanity.

And better WS AND BS (IMHO they should be able to aim during space salto mortale ) would make Bloodbrides something better than "nonscoring Wyches with +1 attack".

Obviously in bigger cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?   Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tougher Trueborn and Bloodbrides?
Page 1 of 1