THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Tourney list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

1850 Tourney  list  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Tourney list    1850 Tourney  list  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 12:03

Needs some advice on a new list i have little experience with Dark Eldar.

Mech Dark Eldar (1850pts)

Haemonculus Shattershard , Venom Blade ( with incubi)

Elite
6x Incubi + Raider ( Enhanced Aethersails )
3x Blaster Trueborn + Venom
3x Trueborn w 2 Splinter Cannon + Venom with Extra Splinter Canon and NightShield

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors + Shredder + Venom with Extra Splinter Canon

5 Kabalite Warriors + Shredder + Venom with Extra Splinter Canon

10 Wracks 2x Liquifier Gun + Raider (Grisly Trophies)

5x Wyches w Haywire grenades (Venom with Extra Splinter Canon)

Heavy Support
3 * Triple Dark Lance Ravager

Eldar (Allied Detachment)

HQ
Farseer on JetBike Psychic: Doom Psychic: Guide

Troops (136pts)
Guardian Jetbike Squadron
2x Guardian Jetbike
1 Guardian Jetbike with heavy weapon (Shuriken cannon )
1 * Warlock , Conceal , Eldar Jetbike

Heavy Support
War Walker Squadron
3 * War Walker ( 2x Scatter laser )

A list to take on anyone ..

Basically if the opponent makes a mistake take advantage of it ..Else find part of his army shoot it up then charge the weekened units.

War walkers can deploy in terrain in the middle or come from the flank if i dont go first. I dont mind if i loose them to heavy fire as it means i dont loose my transports and Ravengers.

Anti air is Guide on the War walkers.

The bikes can harrass and take out any isolated heavy units like Long Fangs

If he has too much medium range fire power , then I plan to dismount many of the troops as they are way to vulnerable .

Lots of long ranger anti vehicle fire power 11 lances , 3 blasters , 6 scatter lasers
And the anty infantry medium 11 Splinter cannon , Shurikan cannon ,, Shattershard ,
close range 2 Liquifier guns, 2 SHredders

Followed up by some rifles and 4 Close assault units each with different powers
- Biikes = Farseer and Warlock so good vs really nasty monsters.
- Wyches , tarpit Terminators , Vehicles and take out weakened units
- Wracks , good for assaulting objectives , pretty tough , feel no pain .
- Haemonculus and Incubi , good vs heavily armoured guys and guys with high strength attacks.

Will this work ? Should I drop some psychic powers to fund 3 more Night shields for the Ravangers or get fortune ?

Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tourney list    1850 Tourney  list  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 17:00

I have never used eldar allies so bear with me but I do have a few suggestions:

-haemie probably doesnt need the VB since you will likely be breaking him off to absorb overwatch after firing his shattershard right? Even the shard is questionable but I can see its utility.

-Consider giving the incubi's raider night shields instead of the splinterborn. You dont want incubi walking if at all possible and you dont have a spare raider for them to hijack (wracks arent disposable enough to hand theirs over so it would be lose/lose). Otherwise instead of NS a spare raider on a dirt cheap scoring unit would be nice so that either the wracks or incubi could climb in if theirs gets ghosted early. I run into this problem at times because I forget the spare raider thing during list design and then get punished for it.

-Lose the shredders for either blasters or even nothing. Otherwise more wyches to throw S4 ap4 blasts.

-On allies I feel fortune would be worthwhile in the right context but the GJBs are overtooled IMO. They could stand to lose the shuriken cannon and the warlock. If you want warlocks consider a seer council instead, those pts would do better invested there. Otherwise the above suggestions should put you close to a spare raider with 3 wracks and disi cannon.
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tourney list    1850 Tourney  list  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 11:47

Thanks for the suggestions

- WIll leave the heamie with the VB as its cheap and i have the option to send him in . Though it should probably be the shard OR the VB
- The extra raider is a good idea... i dont think the night shield is worth it ... i will drop of the incubi and run back and shoot but i doubt the survivability is high . Then again this is a target rich list do you shoot the transport or the blaster / splinter born , ravengers or war walkers..
- Dont think the blaster is worth it on an anti infantry unit.. Agree you dont really want to get into 12" , but do you get auto d3 wounds with a shredder like a flamer. Not really convinced by a 2nd kabalite warriors .. maybe make 1 3 wracks.. making 1 a backup wych unit is interesting..with the plasma grenade..
- I originally went for just the 3 jet bikes but then where do you have the farseer ( the walkers would be nice...) , i also though the army had a weakness versus big nasties eg Swarmlord, Bloodthirster etc and though the bikes with the warlock and farseer would have a good shot against them . I i trim it and skip doom i can probably swap some warriors for 3 wracks and get a unit wiih raider which can be used to pickup the Incubi , but what do 3 bikes do ( or 3 and the farseer)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tourney list    1850 Tourney  list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Tourney list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-