THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brom
Wych

Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k Empty
PostSubject: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 21:17

So ill be running a series of games this next week or two with the primary goals being first to have fun and second to test. Below are a couple lists I will be running, each named after their primary differences:

SHIELDS & WARRIORS
HQ
archon, shadow field, huskblade, vb, drugs, hwg 145

ELITES
4 grotesques, aberration- vb, raider- sails, night shields 230

TROOPS
5 warriors, blaster, venom- 2 sc, night shields 135
5 warriors, venom- 2 sc, night shields, trophies 125

FA
9 beast pack, 3 bm, 6 rw 126
9 beast pack, 3 bm, 6 rw 126

HS
ravager, night shields 115

TOTAL 1497

WYCHES & INCUBI
HQ
archon, shadow field, huskblade, vb, drugs 140

ELITES
4 grotesques, liquifier, aberration- vb, raider- sails 230

TROOPS
5 wyches, hwg, venom- 2 sc, trophies 130
5 wyches, hwg, venom- 2 sc 125
5 warriors, raider 105

FA
18 beast pack, 4 bm, 8 khymera, 4 razorwing 204

HS
ravager 105
ravager 105
ravager 105

TOTAL 1499

Each army will face some mixture of xenos armies including tau orks necrons and then possibly nids possibly blood angels maybe even space wolves probably not gk but who knows.

I would like your predictions on which list will perform better overall and why. Then if my brain isnt fried I may even attempt some batreps.
The basic strategy of the disruption elements will be the same (bare raider is a backup for the grots) but the rest of the lists should, in theory, operate fundamentally different. Basically defensive and shooty vs a more mass rush approach.

Last edited by Brom on Wed May 15 2013, 18:48; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 22:52

on the second list you only need 3 beast masters not 4 but it looks like that could have been a typo. I like the second one, but I'd drop the incubi it's to small of a squad to get much done without an archon and he's needed with the grots. Use the points saved to trick out other squads. maybe get the baron for the beast pack or add night shields to your ravangers?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 00:24

Ah right it is only 3 BMs post now fixed.
Incubi could easily be the 4th wych squad with a slightly larger beast pack as the list was initially designed. Sound better? It would more accurately show the difference between all NS and none in one persons list design.

Night shields arent an option in list 2 though since im basically testing the difference in what night shields brings to an army vs what one could include by saving those 70-90 pts.
It usually boils down to possibly squeezing one more bare bones unit or often even less. So what I aim to determine for myself is if those pts are well spent...or not and how this effects the same/similar armys' tactics.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 01:58

yeah in that case I'd turn the incubi into another wych and more beasts or more warriors in your raider with more beasts.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 18:48

OK lists updated and dropped the incubi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k   Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shields grenades and a gauntlet 1.5k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: