THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Under the sea

Go down 
+6
Khain mor
Siticus the Ancient
Jehoel
Bibitybopitybacon
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 17:34

Have you ever considered if Dark Eldar would ever have the need/attempted/tried to perform a slave raid underwater? What if they found a race of fishmen living in a city in the purple oceans of Ixlaan IV - wouldn't be oh so tempting to teach pain to their new friends?

Harpooons at the ready!

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 17:37

I could see rebreathers are common among kabal forces, due to the use of toxic missiles and such... so I dont think it would slow them down that much. Maybe a raider doubles as a submersable, who knows Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 19:25

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I could see rebreathers are common among kabal forces, due to the use of toxic missiles and such... so I dont think it would slow them down that much. Maybe a raider doubles as a submersable, who knows Razz

This reminds me of the old James Bond move Thunder Bolt so much it's crazy. Crazy good that is! I just have a mental picture of wychs hanging onto the outside of venoms as they go through the water and shooting harpoons at things. Poisoned harpoons of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 21:34

Its "Thunderball"... Sorry, couldn't help it. I imagine that with all those different subrealms connected to Commorragh, underwater combat is not unknown to neither warriors and wyches

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 22:14

bah! You're right blast it.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 00:20

I think haemonculi covens would get a kick out of such raids. I mean, who doesn't want to try out their giant kraken-shaped Talos and their wracks with shark heads and Blasters on their backs? Regular kabalites probably wouldn't be too keen on it, not to even mention wyches - their hair would get all wet, and their topknots would be ruined!

Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 06:05

ehm... guys think about human tech.
Human space suits are daptable to undersea use, it's similr tech, in fact the space suits are tested under water to similate space enviroment.

40k has space scenarios and battles, doing underwater fights would be similar with some minor rules changing.

It's not a bad idea at all, a nice twist to change things. It's certainly possible. The regular wargear would have to be changed, but it's certainly possible. Like the eldar wouldn't have access to such tech, give me a break.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 08:33

Why bother with suits though, surely the haemonculi would craft gills to their warriors for something like this if there was enough in it for them???

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 14:48

I'm now imagining a sub-sect of Mermaid Scourges. Would love to see Jes Goodwin's take on that.

Sybarite
Khain mor

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 17:07

No, I'm sure most/in some cases maybe even all would wear suits. Getting bodymodifications isn't wished by all, Wyches being completely against this. If you read fluff, they want to look as beautiful and sexy and possible, looking like a fish isn't exactly sexy. Wracks, talos no problems, they have their masks already anyway.

Besides the gills alone don't work either, you need to have a certain body to resist the pressure of deepsea waters, it's not just the breathing. Fishmen would have both these qualities, only way for dark eldar to reach them, would be with suits, I confirm. It wouldn't change much for quite a lot of the units, warirors are already almost completely covered to begin with, the wyches aren't as naked as they used ot be either. Scourges are birds, nowhere close related to fish, see any water or seas in Commoragh? They'd rather hang out in the heights, not in the water, wrong impression you've got from them.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.

Back to top Go down
Shrike
Slave
Shrike

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 18:00

Commoragh is enormous, and besides, there are pretty much an infinite number of sub-realms and pocket dimensions in the Webway.

I could totally see one of them being flooded and taken over by its own special denizens. I really think "water scourges" could be really cool. Obviously they wouldn't have wings or look anything like traditional scourges, but the the concept is still the same. DE who desire drastic animal modifications. You can bet there would be plenty of Haemonculi willing to tackle such a unique request.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 01:34

I think you're overestimating/misinterpreting the word realms.
You've got dimensions crossing eachother, I don't counter argue that.
Realm refers to the vastness of the territories, it's not that these are magical lands,each different from each. You do have some different types of parts of Commorragh, but not as much as you think. Most of Commorragh is like a huge city, structure and architecture of a city. The word city doesn't fit either, the city doesn't have an atmosphere ,it doesn't have a ceiling, the buildings can grow higher and higher without any limits. They're already insanely high, higher than what a planetary city would allow.

Seeing how high you can build, a city being flooded is very unlikely. Again, you taking the word city too much like a human. Eldar have tendencies to be true to their alien sence, everything eldar is usually an exagerated version of the human counterparts, exagerated or completely different in a way you wouldn't expect.

I'm not against a fish type of eldar, I'm certain some chose it willingly, however for a dark eldar, it's more of an obstacle rather than a real advantage. BTW not only Dark Eldar are lovers of body modifications, other eldar are fans as well, Heamonculi aren't the only ones who can perform these, this is originally some very basic eldar tech. Even some outcasts like changing their bodies, but except dark eldar, you can expect corsairs to resort to these body modifications. Like some may change into a bird, some may want to change completely into a fish and i'm sure you have other types of complete body modifications, but these are rare enough to not be mentioned in most fluff. I don't really like how people keep using he word scourges to stand for all body modifications, take in the Path of the Outcast, one of the rangers says he had an animal hand at some point, just for fun.

As far as transforming an entire Kabal into fish eldar, it wouldn't be practical or give a major advantage. Suits are the best option, why would a KAbal want a huge disadvantage willingly? They don't even do it with wings, why would they do it with fish atributes? Wings however did give enough of an advantage for a lot of dark eldar to want.

Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10 2013, 12:05

Not at all, there are many webway realms of bizarre and fantastical nature. It's a psychically formed place between the warp and realspace, do you really think everything is normal?

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Under the sea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under the sea   Under the sea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under the sea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-