THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cammy
Hellion

1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with Empty
PostSubject: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 17:37

I normally play on a 6x4 board however for the next couple of months the group i play with have decided to have a few 1250 point games on 4x4 boards ( a load of people are starting new armys)

The below is a list i am thinking of using ( i have not fully added up the points yet and i have the feeling im already over) however after reading some of Mushs games on the 4x4 i have decided to go for 2 talos, taloi?. Although i am torn on what to equip these with as i will be quite light on the tank busting, i like the idea of area denial, having twin linked liquifiers and using the talos in an anti infantry role,

what do you guys things

HQ
Heamonculi,
Liquefier
Venom Blade

Elites
3 grotesques
liquifier
1 Aberation
Flesh gauntlet
Raider enhanced athersails
(total 4grots)

Troops
2x 5 Wracks Liquefier
Venom extra cannon

10 Warriors
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Splinter Wracks

FA
6 Reavers
2x Heat lances

HS
Talos
Talos
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 18:54

You do definitely look a bit light on anti-tank to me, but do you have an idea what you'll be up against? You mention regular opponents starting new armies. If the local meta is low on heavy armour then the Raiders and Reavers might be sufficient, with the Taloi (?) already posing a threat in close combat.

If the issue is assembling the Taloi though, then I'd suggest magnetising the tail weapons - I've just done it on mine and it's pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 08:26

Im planning on magnatising the tail weapon anyway was looking for some feedback on how to equp them.

I wont change my list based on the meta i will adapt the style i play to suit. I will however adapt my list to potimise the board size/terrain i am playing on, as my 1750 list for playing on a 6x4 board is comepletly differant to this army.

im wondering if going with heat lances or haywire blasters on the talos will be enough to get by ( although would prefer splinter cannons)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 15:49

TL Liquifiers and splinter cannons.

The liquifiers are cheap and increase their killiness almost 10 fold due to a re-roll to wound flamer before you charge in. It also protects it from being charged due to the re-roll to wound auto hit overwatch

the cannon is to pick off a weaken target, hopefully gaining it a pain token early on. T7 3+ 5+ FNP is nothing to sneeze at.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 17:26

can you overwatch with the cannons and the liquifier or just a single weapon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with   1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 point Army, for 4x4 board - what to Equip Talos with
Page 1 of 1