THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How often do you play 40K, and where?

Go down 
+27
Forruner_mercy
Tanhausen
Marquis Vaulkhere
lululu_42
red_head
abjectus
Darklight
Evil Space Elves
Thor665
Daniuslongbeard
PreacherOfDeath
SirTainly
Shadows Revenge
Dr. Thodt
Jehoel
Anggul
Archon
Keravin
The Strange Dude
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
Radium
Rangrok1k
Baron Tordeck
rider
wildboar
Gobsmakked
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

How often do you play 40K, and where? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 07:26

At the moment, I only play once a month at a local tabletop gaming club.  It's a fairly big club and 40K is just one of many systems being played, but we usually get between 10-20 players and each get 2 good games in per night.

It's nowhere near often enough, however.  I never played at GW stores because of the obnoxious behaviour I always observed there, plus they have now closed 3 of the 4 stores in the greater Vancouver area and the 4th is not convenient for anyone.

There is another big group that play on a drop-in basis most weekends in central Vancouver, but I haven't made it there yet.

I eventually want to convert part of my carport into an enclosed garage, which will in turn make a nice gaming den.  Probably one to two years away still :-(

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Apr 04 2015, 21:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wildboar
Slave
wildboar

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 09:09

I have a spare room in my loft which I've changed into a games room, we have a 6x4 table and plenty of room for our miniature cabinets and terrain pieces.

I play every week (monday night) and it is enjoyable. The only downside is that the only people I really game with is my brother and a friend of mine. A couple of other friends play very occasionally but it's not enough really.

Even though the three of us have a few of different armies each I find there isn't enough diverstiy of opponents for my liking really.

My wife is also pregnant again so she's squeezing my nuts to change the room into a room for our little boy.

Yeah good luck my dear.......Looks like I need to save up for an extension!

Boar

Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 09:40

i run the club at the school where i teach and usually get a game in once a week - there is the occasional game of fantasy stuck in but it is mostly 40k.

other than that my games are currently very sporadic, though once i have a bigger DE force (instead of lousy proxies) i'll get some game time in at the local GW as it has a full upstairs of just games tables - about 10 of them.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 17:18

I am currently in a league so I generally get in a small game every week. With larger ones once a month and tournies every other month.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 18:48

Whenever 1+ of my friends have the same day off from daily chores.

Wherever one of said friends has a house that is not being used for other purposes beyond living.

Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 20:23

Twice each week, one night at our gaming club and one night in our FLGS.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 21:34

I live in BFE and don't get together very often. It makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 09:43

I try to play at least once a week, but that doesn't always work. When I play, I play usually at the GW, but sometimes at home or at some friend's place.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 14:44

I have a club and a local GW I can play at as well as my own board and terrain (but rarely the oppourtunity to set it up). I try to get at least one game in a week but working shifts means I sometimes go without for a couple of weeks and sometimes get as many a 5-6 games in a week.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 19:05

My current average is about once a year.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 20:17

I have a gaming group of about 5-6 people. I get a game in with someone about 1 every 2 weeks. I have a Bar/Rumpus room in my basement, and I can put a board over the pool table to play wargames on. Or we meet at our Awesome FLGS. When the weather is nice a BBQ and 40K on the picnic table are not out of the question!
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 08:51

We normally play at one of three friend's places, one has a room which is big enough to accommodate a large gaming table, one has a sort of small house thing in his garden which is pretty much our gaming place, and another runs a club in his garage every other Friday, which is growing so might be moving to some kind of local hall if we get enough people.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 11:22

I have a nice gameroom in the basement.

Unfortunatly the local 40k community is pretty much non-existant so I only play 5-6 times a year...

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 00:28

Jehoel wrote:
Unfortunatly the local 40k community is pretty much non-existant so I only play 5-6 times a year...

Wow, and I thought that I was game-poor. If you ever come to Canada, pack your Kin! Very Happy

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Dr. Thodt
Slave
Dr. Thodt

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 17:15

I've never played at a club or GW store, only with a couple of friends. I think we must average about one game every month or so, sometimes less Sad
My friends have both got kids (mine are grown up now), so fitting a game in around the work/family balance is difficult sometimes.
I am looking into joining a local club though - they game every sunday.

+ LAST FM +
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/cythron
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 17:53

I play extensively at my LGW, atleast once a week, and I get in anywhere from 2~5 games in a day. We have a thriving community, and there is only alittle douche attitude floating around (but you gotta learn to fire it right back). We are all friends and welcome new players.

I also have my own table, which is currently at my friends house (me and him split it, and he has the room for it atm) But we rarely play on it, as we can always go to the many GWs around us (I guess Im just lucky, sadly we have lost most of our LGS other than GW).

We also have been down to the new Bowie Battle Bunker, but we only go down there for forgeworld stuff and when there is a big tournament or game day.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 19:25

I used to only play at the same club as Gobsmakked mentioned, but I'm also now playing at a store on Monday nights - we have enough tables for 6-8 players and get 3-4 hours in depending on when we arrive. I feel like I'm getting enough time now to improve my game skills now, once and occaisionally twice a week (2-4 games therefore) is the right balance for me.

It's Connections in Cambie, if anyone's in the area, also I'm not familiar with the weekend group in town, who runs that?

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 20:15

If this is what you are thinking of, the games are usually organised by Dan at WCP and listed online at
http://www.wcp-vancouver.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=17

Basically, they are casual drop-in games throughout the day, held in the basement of the Army, Navy & Air Force Veterans Club at 5896 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC. Most Saturdays, from 11:30am to 11:30pm, 40K and WHFB. There's a back door that's fairly direct, or you can wander through the bar area and the smokers out front Very Happy

There was some Tuesday evening games at Imperial Hobbies too, it's primarily painting night, but a bunch quit in disgust after the latest GW price increases. You can phone on Tuesday and ask Chris if there will be any games going on.

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 20:57

ah thanks, you mentioned it, so I thought I'd ask! Smile

Could be a good alternative for a game now and again though.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
PreacherOfDeath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 15:16

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I play extensively at my LGW, atleast once a week, and I get in anywhere from 2~5 games in a day. We have a thriving community, and there is only alittle douche attitude floating around (but you gotta learn to fire it right back). We are all friends and welcome new players.

I also have my own table, which is currently at my friends house (me and him split it, and he has the room for it atm) But we rarely play on it, as we can always go to the many GWs around us (I guess Im just lucky, sadly we have lost most of our LGS other than GW).

We also have been down to the new Bowie Battle Bunker, but we only go down there for forgeworld stuff and when there is a big tournament or game day.

This guy dragged me here, being the only other 3rd ed. veteran still playing the new codex he knows. Same LGS, GW scared away all the indies. I live close to the geographical median of GW's Maryland colony, where England will retake the colonies after Obama/Bachmann/Perry gets elected. Sad So nobody in their right mind would open a mom&pop store stocking Warhammer, FoW, Malifaux, or PP product.

I have a 6x4 OFFISHUL GREEN WAAGH MAT (aka citadel patch of flocked felt), and makeshift terrain. If anyone wants to take FT. Egg Carton back from the Dark Eldar, then they'd better be prepared to scale Mt. Textbooks, navigate the 2-liter bottle canyons, and kill the gun nests in the empty kleenex boxes.

As a college grad and the former head of my college's Warhammer 40k club, I have a network of dorks and nerds that stretches from Chi-town, to Maine, and the Deep South. Occasionally, I get invited to local tournaments, and do pretty well. A combination of sloth and real life responsibilities killed all prospects of taking NOVA by storm, but w/e, there's always next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniuslongbeard
Slave
Daniuslongbeard

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 13:01

The nearest GW or even a stockist is a 4 hour round trip, if the traffics good. Still, i have a dedicated gaming room with a 6x4 table, Bar fridge and stereo system. its the second biggest room in my house (thank you darling wife) me and 6 others get together 2-3 times a week and usually fit in 3-4 games each time. A few fantasy players come around so they can battle on a decent table, so i guess i have my own club going on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000155036664
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 20:06

I'm basically once a week regular 1-2 games with occasional tournaments when I can make them happen.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 07:48

Not enough. Local gaming store.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 11:41

Plays at my friends house, group of 8 people playing now, got 3 tables. We meet up every monday and play/hang out. And whenever we want during teh rest of the week.

It all depends, like now the last month I havnt had time to play much, new job, gf etc. So been well, 2 matches or something. But the month before that I got in around 20 matches.

I usualy get 1-4 matches a week. depends on how much time I have on my hands...

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 20:35

I play at local independent store, my work scheduale is pretty random so I only make it once twice a month, and some times nobody shows up. May start driving to battle bunker once my army is 100% painted, i'll still go to local store to shop and on 40k day since its 1/3 the distance. May be way to increase the number of games I get in, only 8 40k and 1 apoc. so far this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you play 40K, and where?   How often do you play 40K, and where? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you play 40K, and where?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next