THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt synergy list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

2000pt synergy list Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt synergy list   2000pt synergy list I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 13:07

Hi all, I've been looking at how DE units work together on my blog (The Burning Eye) for a few weeks now, with a view to working up a list that makes the most of each unit's strengths and minimising wastage (for example putting a blaster in a 5-man warrior squad and then not using the splinter rifles all game). I'd love to see your thoughts on the resulting list (below and also a deeper explanation on the blog itself)

I am placing some restrictions on the selection of the army though, which are as follows:

1. It must be balanced to take on all comers. If you tailor the list to a particular opponent then you can discount a lot of choices that are a necessity against other armies, and the whole point of the synergy project is that the army works as a whole against anything it faces.

2. No spam. I really don't like spam, and as such i won't be taking more than two units that are the same in weapons loadout.

3. Include as wide a range of units as possible.

4. List one doesn't include coven units. There will be a list 2 later that will.

HQ

Duke Sliscus

Lady Malys

Elites

9 Kabalite Trueborn with shardcarbines, 2 splinter cannons in a raider with flickerfield

4 Incubi with Klaivex in a venom with an extra splinter cannon

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors with splinter cannon in raider with dark lance and splinter racks

10 Kabalite Warriors with splinter cannon in raider with dark lance and splinter racks

10 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, 2 hydra gauntlets in a raider with disintegrator cannon, torment grenade launchers and an enhanced aethersail

Fast Attack

5 Scourges with 2 Haywire Blasters

5 Scourges with 2 Haywire Blasters

15 Hellions with Helliarch with stunclaw & phantasm grenade launcher

Heavy Support

Ravager with dark lances, nightshields

Ravager with disintegrator cannons, nightshields

Altogether this comes to 1996pts.

What do you think?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt synergy list   2000pt synergy list I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 13:57

I like your designprinciples a lot. In fact I want(ed) something like this for myself. And so I like your list aswell.

The only thing I could think off is that you don't have anything against flyers really. Because you want an all comers list I advice you to look into some against flyers.

IMHO I would swap the Hellions for a Voidraven or Razorwing. Or perhaps you could look at an ADL with a Quad Gun?

What were your intentions synergy-wise with the Hellions?

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt synergy list   2000pt synergy list I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 16:07

I did think about including a flyer originally, the voidraven would probably make more sense since it's mono-tasked (and if you don't give it missiles, probably comes cheaper than the razorwing) My issue then though is that potentially you've still got two turns of your opponent's flyers being on the table and yours not.

If the opponent takes a flyer and it turns up early, depending on where it is, I've got up to 6 dark lances and 4 disintegrator cannons that can have a go at it, which should give it pause for thought at least. Flyers still aren't all that common at my gaming group yet, so I'm inclined to leave it for now. ADL is the most obvious 'on the table' option, but something about it just screams wrong to me when thinking about dark eldar sitting behind a static defence line.

The Hellions are there for two reasons really, Duke's combat drugs extra roll, it seemed silly to have that available and not take advantage of it to boost the combat potential of the army (otherwise, there's just the one unit of wyches with combat drugs). I also like the fact that you get two poisoned shots each, plus hammer of wrath plus three S4 attacks each on the charge, and whe you add the ability to snatch independent characters from their support to let you wail on them alone in later rounds they just make me warm and fuzzy inside. They actually strike me as being probably the best all rounder we've got in the army, though I accept they're not for taking on terminators.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt synergy list   2000pt synergy list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt synergy list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists