THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesques + HQ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bozo69PD
Hellion

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 20:47

Still quite new to the game here. I was wondering:

So grotesques are large sized and take up 2 unit slots in a raider, so I wanted to use 4 of them + Urien, but thats only 9 slots. Can I add a Ancient Homon to this Unit as another HQ choice, that way having all 10 lots filled, and this unit would start with 3 pain tokens? It feels like this if legal would be a powerful combo especially with an aberration upgrade and 3 liquidator guns.

If this is legal any reasons this might be a bad idea?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 21:00

With Urien's Father of Pain rule, the unit is guaranteed to start with 3 tokens anyway, if you want them to.

Yes, that's a totally legal combo. There's no way to get 3 Liquifiers in that boat, though. One per Grot squad, Haem can take one. Urien gets the Shattershard, not a Liquifier.

This squad would be quite expensive. I really don't see you needing the extra Haem. But hey, that's just one Archon's opinion.

Sybarite
doomseer11b

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 22:28

Urien has casket of flensing. And yes it's a grand idea. Although I wouldn't waste the haemy in there. Put him somewhere else, I would with a squad of wracks. That way they might start all three tokens If you roll well with Urien. It depends on the point value you're playing with who to fill that last seat. Always nice to have an archon in there. He soaks up armor saves, and grots make him T5. Or just leave it, it's a pretty nice squad on its own. Make sure you pay the 5 pts per model for S6, and acissorhand is usually nice too.

Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 22:31

Casket of Flensing. Right. Sorry about that.

Hellion

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 06:25

I plan to run 2 x5 wrack squads each with a liquifier, on venoms with the blaster upgrade for my troops slot too. I was going to give them Urien's Father of pain tokens.

Now I haven't played with venoms yet is it better to have the wracks stay on the venoms and kite around liquifying? Or do I venom rush, get my shots off, then have the wracks furious charge off the venom while the venom goes around shooting by itself?
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 07:59

Well, IMHO empty transports are less of a target than full transports. Plus your wracks aren't really doing their full potential crammed up in a vehicle. They need to be in someone's face!!!! That's my opinion though. I have found that our comfort zone is in CC. Just choose your targets wisely. And not sure what you meant about blaster something or another and wracks????

Myrvn
Wych

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 04:05

I've tried numerous games with Wracks and a liquifier in a Venom... It hasn't worked well as the Venom is at range and the flamer is up close and personal.

Has anyone made them both work well?
Back to top Go down
Bozo69PD
Hellion

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 05:03

I would be curious to know the tactic for it as well.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 07:28

The only way i would see that working, is if you were playing a venom with wracks and a sacrificial venom. i wouldnt personally do it. I usually dont use wracks in nothing less than a squad of 9 (with HQ) or 10. but i guess if you venom spam it might be worth it.

Myrvn
Wych

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 11:19

The main tactic I've tried is to stay at range for a few turns of ranged fire and then move in for the kill. It worked pretty well in 3rd, but not well at all in 6th. I'm still trying to sort out a better approach in 6th. So far I've enjoyed a little success with a throw away assault squad utilizing Vect. People generally don't ignore him..
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 07:00

that looks like fun, I can picture this working well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grotesques + HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grotesques + HQ   Grotesques + HQ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesques + HQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics