THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.

Go down 
+5
wanderingblade
Crazy_Ivan
aurynn
The_Burning_Eye
Korazell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 18:49

Good morning!

Most people on this site are aware that the Eldar have been released for sixth edition. What some may or may not be aware of it the fact that we have some of their stats for their units, in theory if everything is accurate, and suffice to say, allies are looking kind of tasty to be frank.

What I'd like to sit and discuss is a few key things.

Is the WraithKnight a welcome edition in place of a ravager? As a MC with jump jets, high toughness, max strength weapons, two of them, it seems like it would be a complete monster on the field. It has other weapon options rumored to be heavy blast as well as some melee options. I'm paranoid to list actual statistics about the thing, but, let's say it's twice as durable as a ravager, probably, is my guess.

But, it's probably like 250-300 points when we're all said and done.

Do you think the hulking AT model is worth it to take heat off our raiders and other delicate options?

What do you think of the new FA slot flier?

Do you think it's worth grabbing a far-seer, some gaurdians, and a few other things for some fun ally potential?

Let's have a discussion!

Moved to a more appropriate location. Please take care with placement of threads. Cheers - Cavash.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 20:58

Biggest problem I can see with the wraithknight as an ally is its sheer size making it a priority target. If you're after anti tank I'd think fire dragons in a falcon are probably more likely to be effective, and are far more likely to slip under the radar.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 22:00

Well, I have my eye on other options than WK. It is too expensive and will fall to the other DE armies' poisoned shooting. Its an Eldar Riptide. I believe that the options we will get through Farseers and other options in Eldar army will beat the WK easily. I have been over this with my friend who is playing Eldar and we discussed quite a few ways to combine the armies. :-)

EDIT: And it costs too much for my taste. I am used to target saturation and even points dispersion armies. I rarely field anything over 250 pts and this baby will be over 300 methinks.

Sad thing is, that as the new book seems really good, we will see more Eldar armies with DE allies than the other way around until we get a new codex. My opinion only though.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 22:55

I'll probably end up getting a wraith knight eventually, but I'm more interested in the new wraith guard. They will make a decent scoring unit to accompany our archon, when taken with a psyker with fortune it will make a very tough unit.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 05:47

From what my friend said I think you will need Farseer to get Misfortune and that excludes Wraithguard as Troops. Spiritseer only. But really not sure.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 10:52

Well, will we even get Wraithguard troops then? They barred Chaos Cult Troops for allies, it might be the same for Wraithguard.

An interesting option might be a Wraithknight with a couple of Pain Engines. If the Wraithknight is obliterating squads and tanks like a badman, then he is likely to focus attention; a couple of Pain Engines will really get a lot of focus too. How many heavy weapons would anyone then have for the Venoms and Gunboats? Mindyou, how many points would you have!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 11:16

wanderingblade wrote:
Well, will we even get Wraithguard troops then? They barred Chaos Cult Troops for allies, it might be the same for Wraithguard.

Very good point wanderingblade, who is to say allies will get access to wraithguard as troops.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 15:37

In addition to the AT offered by the Wraithknight, it gives a solid high toughness, multi-wound well armored firemagnet that'll draw enough fire (and survive it) so as to allow lightly armored vehicles such as raiders, ravagers, vypers, hornets and the beefier eldar gravtanks or DE pain engines to get into position and do their thing without taking the brunt of your enemy firepower. When babysat by a fortuning Farseer and a Warlok healing the WK with destructor/renew, I think the Wraithknight has the survivability to allow Eldar/DE to continue to be agressive with their less durable units turn after turn.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 15:47

I think the cost of the Wraithknight will probably put a lot of DE players off using it as an ally. Rumoured cost is somewhere over the 300 point mark when kitted out and that's a lot of points to spend on a single allied model, especially with the HQ and Troop tax to pay.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 16:30

The addition of a single wraithknight may however open back up hand to hand DE as a viable army.
Avatar (making all units nearby fearles)
some troops
Wraithknight.

With the two big badies coming up the field, what will the opponent do when 2 raiders full of wyches and 1 full of incubi appear in their back lines bottom of turn 1?

Panic, thats what! Smile

Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 16:42

Hq and troop tax? As far as I understand, depending on what hq you pick, you can get firedragons are a troop choice, up to two sqauds, and they have a 3+ armor save or so the rumors go...I'm not sure what to do with myself if that is the case.

As far as the wraithknight...I think it would be worth the points.

With the giant guns and the heavy three ap 2 blasts, in my space marine heavy meta, the thing is very attractive indeed for the range and destructive fire-power...I was going to pre-order one but I'm still learning DE, so, I'm going to keep it simple...but their flier makes me excited.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 16:46

Skulnbonz wrote:
The addition of a single wraithknight may however open back up hand to hand DE as a viable army.
Avatar (making all units nearby fearles)
some troops
Wraithknight.

Does the Avater make all units fearless or just Craftworld Eldar units, as in previous codex?

Korazell wrote:
Hq and troop tax? As far as I understand, depending on what hq you pick, you can get firedragons are a troop choice, up to two sqauds, and they have a 3+ armor save or so the rumors go...I'm not sure what to do with myself if that is the case.

AFAIK, all 6e codex only allow FOC swaps in Primary detachments so I don't think we'll be seeing Aspect Warrior troops other than Dire Avengers. Fire Dragons do indeed have 3+ armour save now but cost 22 points each.

wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 20:00

As long as Eldar jetbikes are troops and reasonably priced, it will never be that big a tax to take the fastest objective claimers in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.   Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could the Wraithknight bring some much needed AT to DE? New Ally discussion.
Page 1 of 1