THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?

Go down 
+2
Azdrubael
Orthien
6 posters

Would you pay $500 for a Splinter Rifle?
Yes.
Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba130%Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but I would have to save for a while.
Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba1310%Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba15
 10% [ 3 ]
I would consider it if it looked awesome.
Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba1342%Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba15
 42% [ 13 ]
No, too expensive.
Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba1348%Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Voteba15
 48% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? Empty
PostSubject: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 23:10

While work progresses when I can on my helm. I am already using my down time for planning a Splinter Rifle to go with it.
Obviously the cheeper option is to make one gun just for me and cast as little as possible since resin is not cheep in large quantities. However that means I could not make copys without rebuilding from almost scratch.

If I was to make a full resin kit I could make as many copies as needed but they wouldn't be cheep.

The amount of work involved in making it and the cost of the resin would put the price of a full resin kit at somewhere around $400-$500+ USD which is not cheep. I would propably throw in free world wide shipping at the higher end of that since Im not a professional prop maker and fankly adding another few hundred to ship from NZ would just be nasty.

My question to you all is would anyone here consider paying that kind of price for a Splinter Rifle, keeping in mind the kit would be an unfinished resin shell still requiring sanding, assembly, painting etc.? I wouldn't care if you had to save for it or even if you don't think you would ever buy it. But if even one person throught they would pay that, then I would consider that worth the cost and effort to make the Rifle in resin and reproducable.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 06:42

Are virulent pain toxins will be in a kit ? Very Happy

Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 07:02

Haha.
Just fake resin ones. I doubt I would be allowed to ship real ones.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 16:38

I'm living in marriage poverty at the moment but Im always on the lookout for awesome bits of kit to go in the gaming room! (voted yes but will have to save!)

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 05:01

The sanding and painting would scare me off.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 15:20

I would get one, but my painting is in no condition to do it justice. Good thing I have enough painters around here that would be more than willing to take up the challenge Very Happy

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 21:15

I could always finish the Rifle before I sent it off but that would jack up the price even more for all the extra time it would take.

Its good to know there are plenty that would at least consider it so I will make it to be resin cast.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 21:49

I think it would be reasonable but for the painting needed.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?   Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you pay for a replica Splinter Rifle?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: