THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Bikertaire 2k

Go down 
+2
Trystis
Shadows Revenge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 22:06

So might as well post my Eldar army that Im going to run. Ill post the list first, and then Ill go over why I made the choice I did. I did it short hand, so if you dont know what something is... go read the book Razz

150- Autarch w/ jetbike, laser lance, fusion gun, mantle
120- Farseer w/ jetbike, singing spear
50- 1 Warlock w/ Jetbike
205- DAVU, Serpent w/ dual Shurri, holofields
51- 3 EJB
180- Crimson Hunter w/ Exarch Upgrade
140- Fire Prism w/ holofields

total: 1996

So the Autarch is the list's name sake... he is basically a solitaire. 3+/4++ T4 w/ 2+ re-rollable cover. S6 AP3 on the charge, a fusion gun, and hit and run so he never gets bogged down. Basically he is going to fly around and be a nuisance. He also helps me with reserve manipulation (Ill get to that later)

Farseer is my warlord, as well as running double guide/prescience. He hides with the EJB and the warlock. I will most likely roll 2 for Divination and hope for Misfortune. If not, I can always just use his last warp charge to ignore perils.

The warlock is for the base power out of Runes of Battle, giving my farseer and GJB a 3+ coversave base (2+ if I flat out) I will still roll for it and try to get the +1 armor save one, as having 2+ armorsave jetbikes is awesome (or 2+ armorsave bikertaire if I need him to tie something up)

The Wave Serpents are the bulk of my firepower. The fields on them mean that it takes all 3 HPs before they are dead, so the extra points for holofields make sense as we already have a durable tank, make it more annoying. GJB are for abrasive wounds for warlock and Farseer.

Crimson Hunter is for AA and more long range AT. Also the Autarch lets me reserve manipulate to make it easier for him to come out after enemy flighters. Also BS5 is boss, and worth the upgrade (remember he turns into a character, so he can prescision shot as well... although this is not as useful)

Fire Prisms round out the list. Thier my long range AT and are the most fragile things in the list. So Ill have to protect them more than anything.

Basically the whole idea of the list is to be annoying. Everything has atleast a 4+ coversave or better, and all my tanks except the fire prisms and flyer take all 3 HPs to destroy. Add in the flyer you need 6s, and the fire prisms range, you got yourself one annoying list.

So guys, comments, questions???

Current List:
First 2k GSC List

Last edited by Shadows Revenge on Sat Jun 01 2013, 14:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 11:22

I have an old harlequin jet bike from when I was a kid that you have inspired me to run as a solitaire. I think I will use it to headquarters an allied eldar attachment for my DE. I don't know that it would be all that good, but I think it will be fun on occasion.

One thing I like about the wave serpent is that it has a 60" range on its shield. Depending on the army you're up against you could fire them at range with out much retribution. Combining this with the fire prisms you could do some significant damage early in the game. Then later in the game use them to shield your dire avengers on objectives.

If the enemy is able to threaten you at that range then you can keep the shields while you close in and maneuver.

I'm not sold on crimson hunters yet, but don't like any of the other AA options available for Eldar. I do think if you can eliminate your enemies skyfire before the hunter turns up that it will slaughter any other fighter one on one.

I would hate to fight this list as my DE...

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 12:53

Write a 1.5k version and lets Batrep this list! Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 13:11

Shadow, your list is 1860 not 2000 points....

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Bikertaire 2k Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 14:19

KnightSeerValkia wrote:
Shadow, your list is 1860 not 2000 points....

hmm... you are correct sir... I swore I did my math multiple times. Well thats the problem when doing it quickly. Changes have been made to make it 2k Wink

oh and @Mush, already got one Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 19:22

Harlquins mantle makes you lose your IC special rule, so no autarch in the jetbike unit for uber cover unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 20:20

Dogmar wrote:
Harlquins mantle makes you lose your IC special rule, so no autarch in the jetbike unit for uber cover unfortunately.

He's not running the autarch in the jetbike unit, he runs on his own, hence the name "solitaire" (the name given to the harlequin who performs the role of Slaanesh in the great play). The bikes get shrouded from the warlock, not the autarch. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 08:20

Dogmar wrote:

if the autarch could join the jetbikes, it would be a 2+ coversave due to stealth plus shrouding, not just a 3+ (from the base power in runes of battle) But Mush has it right, the autarch is solo

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 10:32

Shadows Revenge wrote:
the autarch is solo

He flyin' solo
Solo solo solo

Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 13:25

Whoops, my bad. Good list then. Tell us how it performs. I think mechdar got a huge boost due to new Wave Serpent rules.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 04:39

You got me rethinking serpents. I think its a brilliant idea for allies comp. I'm thinking 2-3 serpents with shield charging into enemies side with guardians or avengers or wraithguard maybe better while venoms and raiders/ ravagers cover them. They won't know what to target. If they focus down the serpents they can glance them to death but the soldiers inside will come out okay. And get some reavers and a autarch then watch my opponent freak out ( that's how the scenario works out inn my head ).

I got to work it out. But that will be the general idea.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bikertaire 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bikertaire 2k   Bikertaire 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bikertaire 2k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs