THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Optimusnice
Slave

First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated Empty
PostSubject: First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated   First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 17:25

So I haven't played in almost ten years and have been dabbling with the rules and the Dark Kin.
I wanna make an army over the summer and figured i would build it around the battleforce like a true rookie. I love the reavers and the two troops and raider seems mandatory in every army anyhow.
List is:

HQ
2 Haemonculi w/ liquifier guns - 120pts

Elites
2 Grotesques w/ Liquifier Gun and a Aberration w/ Flesh Gauntlet in a stock raider - 205pts

Troops
10 Warriors /w Dark Lance in Raider w/ Night Field - 185pts

8 Wyches /w haywire nades in stock Raider - 156pts

Fast attack
3 Reavers w/ Dark Lance - 81pts

Heavy Support
Razorwing stock - 145pts

Ravager with Night Field - 115pts

The idea is to have 1 haemo with the grotesques giving them FC and having the aberration challenge any IC's with 4+ rerollable wounds that cause ID. The other haemo is going with the wyches gving them FnP when the ultimately are sitting ducks after assaulting a vehicle.

I'm kinda worried about the low troop count, and want to swap the ravager for Wracks in a a venom, but I'm not sure if that would leave my AT too weak. I'm sure some of you will say skip the Razorwing instead of the Ravager, but I have to admit it is just too awesome in my mind to be wrecking both tanks and inf from a big black (super sonic) song bird.

I dont know what I going to be playing against, probably mostly Eldar, but i dont really feel like modifying the list to counter specific armies.
So what do you think?

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated   First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 17:34

Though I am a HUGE fan of Grotesques, I would drop them in favor of a Wrack unit in a Raider. Durable unit capable of taking down MC's and they count as scoring. I tend to take at least 4 troop units at 1,000pts, even if one or two may be 5 man Warrior/Wyche units in Venoms. Too many missions rely on objectives to just have two troop units IMHO.

Hope this helps!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated   First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 17:51

I agree with the most interesting space elf. I am a huge advocate of grots, however in a 1000 pts there is just no room. Use our cheap troops and venoms. Warriors can shoot at 24" and the venom at 36. At a 1000 points you can literally take out ALL of your opponents scoring units. And I also disagree with your wych choice. Throw 5 in a venom and call it a day. Venoms are one of our main strong points. No matter what, weight of dice always wins.

Optimusnice
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated   First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 12:33

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Though I am a HUGE fan of Grotesques, I would drop them in favor of a Wrack unit in a Raider. Durable unit capable of taking down MC's and they count as scoring. I tend to take at least 4 troop units at 1,000pts, even if one or two may be 5 man Warrior/Wyche units in Venoms. Too many missions rely on objectives to just have two troop units IMHO.

Hope this helps!

Yeah this makes total sense so i guess the 'tesques will come in a later addition of badassery.

Revised list looks a lot like one posted by Doomseer11b earlier:

1 Heamie w/ LG

4 Blasterborn w/ haywires in Venom /w cannons

2 x 5 warriors in Venoms w/ canons and night field

5 wyches w/ haywires in Venom /w cannons

9 Wracks w/ LG in Raider

3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance

Razorwing w/ Flicker Field

999pts

It's still a little troop light, but a lot less than before and it's a lot less "fancy", not counting the Razorwing. I could forego the Blasterborn (who only have haywires cos i had 9 points left over and i figured they were gonna be down field anyway to blast vehicles) for a Raider, and that would give my AT some range, but lose out on lovely poison shots, and this way I can pretty much move my entire army forward turn 1 and be all menacing and stuff.

So I hope this is an improvement?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated   First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First list in ten years 1000pts C/C appreciated
Page 1 of 1