THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Synergies

Go down 
+9
sgb69
Count Adhemar
Cavash
Crazy_Ivan
The_Burning_Eye
MongooseDog
BMD
Mr Believer
wanderingblade
13 posters
AuthorMessage
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 20:23

I imagine a fair few of us now have our mitts on this codex and are plotting fiendishly on how best to use it to serve Dark Eldar ends. So I thought I'd ask, anyone seeing any interesting tricks using both codices? I have to admit, I'm not seeing huge amounts, but there's a couple of possible ones...

The Spiritseer may make big warrior blobs tenable. He'll definitely get the ability to cast Shrouded if he wants it, so stick them in cover or behind an Aegis Defence line, and hey presto - survivability! At least until you fail the Psychic test/get targeted by cover save denying weaponry that is... maybe particularly useful if you want to run Sliscus and get the most out of 3+ poison shooting.

And the other is that Wave Serpents are big and resilient and good for blocking line of to lots of fragile looking Venoms for not that much, assuming you have a spare Wave Serpent you don't care about the lifespan of... maybe if you take Dark Reapers, then just take a Serpent for them for giggles.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01 2013, 22:00

Striking Scorpions and Incubi should be good fun - I plan on infltrating the Scorpions forward, possibly in a Wave Serpent. They distract and hold up a VIP whilst the Incubi close with them. Scorn the fair fight! The farseer provides nice buffs as usual, especially with the (slightly exploitative feeling) ability to take Guide and Prescience. Wraithguard will provide much needed durability, and if the Craftworld Eldar are the allied detachment, the Spiritseer making them troops allows for the option to take Scorpions or Fire Dragons. Of course, it'll be the one occasion where your allied detachment is potentially more expensive than your primary one, but that's not important...

Hellion
BMD

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 01:43

How about the Baron with 20 Storm Guardians and a Conceal Warlock? That's a big unit with Stealth and Shrouded, and the Baron gives em Hit and Run as well... The bad part is that they wouldn't get Battle Focus.
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 02:28

Just remember no warlocks if eldar are allies

Hellion
BMD

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 02:38

Yeah, Eldar would have to be Primary Detachment. I think it would be a fun thing to do. Throw a Farseer in there for a little added fun.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 07:09

Well spotted there... the Spiritseer doesn't have to be part of the Primary Detatchment to make Wraithguard troops!

Personally, I struggle to think of an Eldar unit that doesn't benefit from the Baron. Its like he's made for loving them. Scorpions I think would be his best friends, but utility everywhere...

Anyone else considering putting a Fusion Gun autarch in a Reaver squad?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 07:23

Wraith guard with d-scythes in a nice long shield line backed up by a big unit of warriors against a combat army, or particularly terminators, I certainly wouldn't fancy charging all those AP2 template weapons!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 08:19

It' looks like GW have already though of what we would want as allies, box set of spiritseer, wraith guard, wraith knight and a hemlock, plus a codex 182 quid.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02 2013, 23:10

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
It' looks like GW have already though of what we would want as allies, box set of spiritseer, wraith guard, wraith knight and a hemlock, plus a codex 182 quid.

That's just the new release stuff. They do that with every new release, I think.

Personally, I think Banshees with Baron could be worth a try. I know that Banshees aren't the best in the book, but I'd like to try this.

Synergies YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 10:30

MongooseDog wrote:
Just remember no warlocks if eldar are allies

Not so sure about that, what with GW's usual appalling writing.

Quote :
Each Primary Detachment in your army may include up to one council of 1-10 Warlocks

Seriously, how hard would it be to actually word this section properly by adding in the words "chosen from Codex Eldar" after "Primary Detachment..."?

sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 10:41

wanderingblade wrote:

Been doing it since 5th. Being able to split up and go after 2 targets once you get there is utterly amazing.

Has anyone thought much about taking Illic in their allies slot?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 10:46

sgb69 wrote:
wanderingblade wrote:

Been doing it since 5th. Being able to split up and go after 2 targets once you get there is utterly amazing.

Shame the autarch doesn't affect our reserve rolls, and only those of the eldar detachment he accompanies. Otherwise I would definitely run one.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 08:50

Mushkilla wrote:
Shame the autarch doesn't affect our reserve rolls, and only those of the eldar detachment he accompanies. Otherwise I would definitely run one.

Agreed, but Eldar have some pretty good stuff that can come in from reserves.

hmm... the wording is a tad different from what it used to be. New rules argument?

Edit: ...wait. it was the brb faq that set up that precident. Damn.

Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 00:53

As for Dark Eldar-Eldar Synergy, I seriously am surprised that no one is talking about this idea; take Illic Nightspear along with a huge squad of beastmasters and infiltrate them using Illic's special infiltrate rule to bring them as close as possible to the enemy, ignoring the minimum distance you have to stay away from the enemy. The stupid thing about infiltrate is that in the rulebook, it says that as long as there is at least one model with this rule in a squad they have infiltrate. Then if you could possible do so, try to keep the Baron close by enough so that he could attach himself to the unit while Illic detaches himself from the unit so that the unit will not be slowed down by Illic's infantry walking speed and gain the Baron's phantasm grenade launchers. I personally feel that this could be a very effective anti-Tau element.

Some of you would say that a first turn charge is not possible if you go first but think of it in this way; it is more like giving him a hard choice, where he will be hardpressed to shoot either your transports with infantry with it or kill your monstrously huge squad of Beastmasters. Either way if he ignore one or the other, the other will bite him hard. I rather that I keep my Venoms and Ravagers alive of course, but that will not stop me from using said Beastmasters to be a killing blow and vanguard as needed. In addition the psychological factor of having 5, beastmasters, 15 Khymearas and 4 Razorwings around the 18-24" range is terrifying for a Tau player. Sure he could gun down that unit and sure that unit takes two turns to charge if I went first, but that also means that he have only one turn to kill that unit before that unit gobble up his army. Combined this with a Venom Spam, and you have yourself a recipe of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't". If I go second, then that means that the unit will now be able to charge the Tau lines very quickly if they survived the volley. If not they have already bought time for my transports and other vehicles to do a Beta strike that would work in the long run.

Wych
shadowseercB

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 01:23

That brings to mind that Razorwings and the Fiend will be useful now instead of getting one shot in the field. Khymeras are the units I would probably spam the most though if I were to use that setup. But if you use Illic you wont need much room for a charge distance so I would rather take my peeps, the Incubi or even wyches to tie up units.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 05:48

Actually neither Karandras or Illic allow you to infiltrate a unit during the infiltration phase due to when an IC joins a unit.

It's either in deployment in which case they are already on the table, or when placing a unit in reserve in which case you can only outflank them.

Jet Bike Farseer can bring a TON to a unit of Reavers...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 09:37

Balisong wrote:
Actually neither Karandras or Illic allow you to infiltrate a unit during the infiltration phase due to when an IC joins a unit.

There's a whole thread debating that issue in the rules forum.

Sponsored content

Synergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synergies   Synergies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Synergies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: